Making Your Apartment Smell Nice

RobertJM

What Peat approved things are there?

I like incense. Even pot pouri is ok. Scented candles can be nicer

But I don't use them, because I understand that they might be damaging.

Is there anything Peat approved for making your apartment smell pleasant?

Xisca

Why should it be "Peat approved"?
What smells is something entering your body and your blood flow through lungs. More detox work for your body. Even my clothes smell "clean" = nothing.

Ripe fruits smell good, especially tropical. The best is guava! But even apples and melons smell nice. Heat without burning some citric peels. The essence is calming, good at night. At least this is peat food!

tara

Do the dishes, take out the trash, and mop the floor.
+1
Baking soda is good for removing old bad smells.
These are a few of my favourite things ... lemons., oranges, coffee, beeswax, vanilla, roses, flowering currants, flowering jasmine, daphne, thyme, cinnamon, ...

lampofred

Get nice smelling laundry detergent and regularly wash everything. Then your house will always have a subtle but very fresh and clean smell. Cleanliness is the best way to smell fresh imo, sprays are overpowering

x-ray peat

Get nice smelling laundry detergent and regularly wash everything. Then your house will always have a subtle but very fresh and clean smell. Cleanliness is the best way to smell fresh imo, sprays are overpowering
careful, those detergents have some really nasty chemicals in them to make the clothes smell that way.

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

What smells is something entering your body and your blood flow through lungs. More detox work for your body. Even my clothes smell "clean" = nothing.

Ripe fruits smell good, especially tropical. The best is guava! But even apples and melons smell nice. Heat without burning some citric peels. The essence is calming, good at night. At least this is peat food!

Doesn't have to be 'Peat approved'. I'm not aware of anyone asking him such a question.

I just want to avoid breathing in chemicals. At work my boss spreads the place with these things that squirt scented chemicals into the air. I get sprayed by them as I walk past them.

Burning scented candles is something I'm also wary of, as when I turn the lights down, I notice I breathe out a vapour of smoke from what I breathe in from them. Those things must also be very unhealthy. They surely can't be good for me.

My apartment doesn't stink or anything; but when I am away for a day or two, and the cold seeps in, it can get a bit damp, I guess. That causes a slight damp smell, which I am hoping to disguise with something that wouldn't be offensive to my health.

Thanks for the citrus suggestion. I remember when I made marmalade, my apartment smell really good!

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

Doesn't have to be 'Peat approved'. I'm not aware of anyone asking him such a question.

I just want to avoid breathing in chemicals. At work my boss spreads the place with these things that squirt scented chemicals into the air. I get sprayed by them as I walk past them.

Burning scented candles is something I'm also wary of, as when I turn the lights down, I notice I breathe out a vapour of smoke from what I breathe in from them. Those things must also be very unhealthy. They surely can't be good for me.

My apartment doesn't stink or anything; but when I am away for a day or two, and the cold seeps in, it can get a bit damp, I guess. That causes a slight damp smell, which I am hoping to disguise with something that wouldn't be offensive to my health.

Thanks for the citrus suggestion. I remember when I made marmalade, my apartment smell really good!

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

I agree with this, but I have so many clothes hanging up in my apartment, it looks like a launderette as it is. I don't want it smelling like one too!

Do the dishes, take out the trash, and mop the floor.

If that fails get an organic candle

Haha. Well, I'm quite clean I would say. It's just slight dampness caused by the lovely British winters. Short of moving somewhere else, not really much I can do (hence this thread).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Baking soda.

yerrag

Zeolite pebbles in a mesh bag absorbs odors. Recharge by drying in sunlight or oven.

Xisca

!! There is nothing worse than those detergents for washing clothes!
CHEMICALS, just the ones Op wants to avoid!
This is NOT clean at all, clean smells ZERO.
Those chemicals even pass into your body throught your skin, from your clothes!

I know a chemical sensitive person, and avoiding smelling detergent is a must, really!