Making Skin Cream

nickvdg

I found a recipe for making skin creme based on oil, some herbs and bees wax. Now I am a fan of coconut oil, but also of local food/product sourcing. I would like to use an oil that could/is produced here (Netherlands). I know PUFA is bad, but I was just thinking that topical application might do no harm and the vitamin E content of few vegetable oils are beneficial for the skin. Now I am considering flaxseed, rapeseed, High Oleic sunflower, walnut and hempseed oil. Any suggestions?

ampersand

I use a mixture of coconut oil, beef tallow, and cocoa butter. I know these might not be possible to source locally but mixing these together makes a very nice skin moisturizer. The fragrance of the cocoa butter masks the beef tallow smell.

EIRE24

I found a recipe for making skin creme based on oil, some herbs and bees wax. Now I am a fan of coconut oil, but also of local food/product sourcing. I would like to use an oil that could/is produced here (Netherlands). I know PUFA is bad, but I was just thinking that topical application might do no harm and the vitamin E content of few vegetable oils are beneficial for the skin. Now I am considering flaxseed, rapeseed, High Oleic sunflower, walnut and hempseed oil. Any suggestions?
I have used this on my skin and it has helped a lot in terms of dryness and flaking. I have tried saturated fats like the post above but never seen any improvements which I thought was strange.