Making Money

Evgenius

Hi, I just want to gather ideas how to support myself financially while being sick and stuck at home.
I used to work in the IT industry but my current health problems don't let me hold a job. I used to freelance but this is not possible now...
Anyway I don't have any income so to get healthy I need some cash, any ideas for a low demanding job I can do from home ? Thanks.

zztr

What you're asking for doesn't exist. Why would you think there's a low stress, easy way to sit at home and earn a living? Everybody working hard to earn a living is just dumb and didn't notice the easy way?

There are ways to grind out a few dollars an hour that don't require difficult mental application, but I wouldn't call that a living.

OP
E

Evgenius

Amazoniac

Depending where you live, buying a strategically positioned parking lot on a busy city usually pays off (if no fullfilment is intended, as amethyst would note), and you can let someone else in charge, while administering what's needed online. I'm not sure if pboy would advise this kind of thing though..

DaveFoster

Yes unbelievably good
So are you a middle-man (connector between hosts and their tenants?) Could you give a brief summary of what you do?

CoconutEffect

Sure. Didn't mean to be cryptic about it, nor to convey that anyone can pull it off.

I have my grandparents house in Brooklyn. That's probably explanation enough - a house in Brooklyn.
I took some of the money I made and had my parent's basement (also Brooklyn) renovated and listed that with Airbnb.
Took some of all that money and made myself an apartment/music studio here in my grandparent's basement.
Good side-gig for a musician.
Unfortunately airbnb shutdown my parent's basement airbnb (booked nearly every night) as a response to the recent NYC anti-home sharing regulations.

Regina

Sure. Didn't mean to be cryptic about it, nor to convey that anyone can pull it off.

I have my grandparents house in Brooklyn. That's probably explanation enough - a house in Brooklyn.
I took some of the money I made and had my parent's basement (also Brooklyn) renovated and listed that with Airbnb.
Took some of all that money and made myself an apartment/music studio here in my grandparent's basement.
Unfortunately airbnb shutdown my parent's basement airbnb (booked nearly every night) as a response to the recent NYC anti-home sharing regulations.
:android: I'm so jealous. But sorry to hear about the NYC regs.

DaveFoster

That's unfortunate; I just need a house to rent then.

Cymatic

I second collecting disability. Other than that, doing part time freelance IT work if possible. What about pet sitting?

sladerunner69

Look into becoming a cryptozoologist. Learn the skillset of rare/mythical animal tracking. Get crowdfunding from 4chan, reddit, use your money to plan track/hunting expeditions around the world. Uncover local legend in an locale such as the the northern Rockies and stakeout yetis, or wander throught he low plains in new mexico/sonoma in search of the chewbecabra.

With success, your fortune will skyrocket. But this industry doesnt require success to be profitable- so long as you regail your blog readers and youtube audience with inspiring stories. Eventually you can build up your team and branch out to search for UFO crash sites in utah and ancient ruins like cursed subterranean pyramids in Egypt.

Hi, I just want to gather ideas how to support myself financially while being sick and stuck at home.
I used to work in the IT industry but my current health problems don't let me hold a job. I used to freelance but this is not possible now...
Anyway I don't have any income so to get healthy I need some cash, any ideas for a low demanding job I can do from home ? Thanks.