Making Blue Eyes Bluer

rw39

Sometimes my blues really perk out and it's honestly, awesome. Looks like I'm wearing those fake contacts.
No idea what causes that but it happens from time to time, maybe once every two weeks.

Was wondering what can do this on the regular?

I usually take 5mgs of MK4 and one time I decided to take 15. My girlfriend was like "wow, your eyes are super shiney right now" . Could it be that? Anything else that can do it?

Greg says

Sometimes my blues really perk out and it's honestly, awesome. Looks like I'm wearing those fake contacts.
No idea what causes that but it happens from time to time, maybe once every two weeks.

Was wondering what can do this on the regular?

I usually take 5mgs of MK4 and one time I decided to take 15. My girlfriend was like "wow, your eyes are super shiney right now" . Could it be that? Anything else that can do it?

I have blue eyes and notice the same thing.. from time to time they go a really sharp cobalt blue. I put it down to anything that supports liver health or lowering endotoxin. I get it in the morning after I’ve taken charcoal/ cascara the evening before and perhaps with vit K.

David PS

There are some ideas to try in the following thread. Glutathione seems to take away (or greatly reduce) the flakes of brown in my otherwise blue eyes.
Eye Color Change

I agree that wearing a blue shirt helps.

Tarmander

This is a very good question, and I have noticed the same in myself...sometimes my eyes are a deep light blue, other times they are greyish.

ddjd

sometimes I get comments about my very blue eyes after taking thyroid t3.

I would agree with @David PS that glutathione is also involved

Regina

I have blue eyes and notice the same thing.. from time to time they go a really sharp cobalt blue. I put it down to anything that supports liver health or lowering endotoxin. I get it in the morning after I’ve taken charcoal/ cascara the evening before and perhaps with vit K.
Yep. Same here. Lisuride or Diamant or charcoal or Kuinone. Liver health, lower endotoxin, lower serotonin all give me sparkly sapphire gem eyes. But I also many times have grey dull, nothing special, eyes .

reality

Glutathione is involved because I notice the same thing when I have taken NAC regularly (glutathione precursor)

I have also noticed cholinergics can play a part in how light my eyes get

There are anecdotal reports that eyes of rawfoodists become much clearer and bluer( I'm not sure this word exists).

My eyes became more bluish after a couple of years of peating. Naturally I always have greyish green color. My father is blue eyed blond and my mom is brunette with brown almost black eyes. My hair is much much blondier too, I even have some ginger redhead hairs in my beard, never had it. People started too call me blue eyed blondie hahaha. I'm not sure if it's peating or just father's genetics is taking over.

David PS

Blue eyes blue from the way they scatter light, not due to pigment.

Are these supplements able to change the physiology of the eye enough to change the way it reflects light? Would this not also correspond with a change in vision?

I've definitely seen changes in my own eye colour, but i just chalked this up to variation in light conditions or my own outfit.

Oral ingestion of reduced glutathione (GSH) has a skin-whitening effect in humans through its tyrosinase inhibitory activity. There are enough studies to convince me that my N=1 results may be due in part to reduced glutathione. see (Glutathione for skin whitening) OR Glutathione for skin lightening - PubMed - NCBI

Similarly, topical niacinamide lightens skin, see (niacinamide for skin whitening) OR niacinamide for skin lightening - PubMed - NCBI I have not read anthing that would indicate that niacinamide has a systemic effect on skin color or melanin production.

The irises contain melanin just a the skin does. The more melanin, the darker the eye color. see Why Are Brown Eyes Most Common? At the end of the article it states that:
People with brown eyes have a lower incidence of eye cancer, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. Ophthalmologists are not exactly sure why, but believe that melanin pigment may give brown eyes more protection. On the flip side, a study found that people with brown eyes were just about twice as likely to develop cataracts than individuals with light eyes. The researchers did not look at why this is true, but they did rule out other things that could make cataracts more likely, like smoking and eye injury.​

I like to think that the RayPeatForum encourages self experimentation; as long as the self experimentation is based on informed risk. So use reduced glutathione at your own risk. Also, don't use reduced glutathione at your own risk.

Mauritio

My ex girlfriend sometimes said my eyes look green eventhough they are light brown .
I googled it and I read that eye color can change pretty fast depending on mood and blood pressure.

Other than that I notice they are more sparkling and lighter when I have a state of high dopamine and /or low serotonin .

jet9

When I was taking theanine and zinc my gf used to comment that my eyes are more blue.

tac a wah

Being that iris's change very slowly, and the structure never changes (iris photos being more accurate then fingerprints for identification) suggest to pay close attention to lighting, Kelvin , strength and angle of light.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals