Make this food swap for higher testosterone

Hans

Forum Supporter

TL: DR
Eat less unprocessed foods. There are nuances to this ofc, such as total calories consumed, nutrient density, nutrient partitioning and retention, etc.

Osukhan

great article as usual, thanks @Hans

i follow a meal plan/sequence like this, but gradually inc my carbs to find a balance

Mossy

Santosh

Eat less unprocessed foods. There are nuances to this ofc, such as total calories consumed, nutrient density, nutrient partitioning and retention, etc.

I don't think the processed vs natural foods stands much ground.

My Kinder Maxi has milk, palm oil and cocoa, which is still 100 times better than eating organic broccoli.

Granted I could stick to grass fed beef liver and raw milk parmiggiano, but I need my fun.

As far as maintaining my T levels, I do 500mg DHEA orally + 100mg DHEA transdermally every day.

Osukhan

My Kinder Maxi has milk, palm oil and cocoa, which is still 100 times better than eating organic broccoli.

Granted I could stick to grass fed beef liver and raw milk parmiggiano, but I need my fun.

As far as maintaining my T levels, I do 500mg DHEA orally + 100mg DHEA transdermally every day.
Wow that is a lot! Can I ask how old you are? I’m 41, and I only take like 25mg orally of dhea

Do you worry about it converting to estrogen ?

The only reason i find most processed food a problem in Europe, Scandinavia, and the UK is that all of them have PUFA in without fail and it's almost always the one of top ingredients. i am less bothered about lecithins though

Saying that though, i think it's a little myopic to rule out all processed food and treating it like there is stuff in there that is an issue other than PUFA, fortification of wheat, MSG, etc that is the issue

For instance, in some of the better super markets in the UK you can get French baguettes made the traditional way that are not fortified and have minimal ingredients if you tolerate starch. there is also some places selling proper French Pain Au Chocolat's, Croissants and all manner of pastries with unpasteurised grassfed butter. niche supermarkets in Iceland and Norway have all manner of sourdough breads leavened for over 48hours with minimal ingredients last time i was over there. i'm no fan of bread, but proper sourdough gets a pass for me

Havde

"Eat less unprocessed foods"

That's not right 😋

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

As I mentioned there is nuance to this ofc.
If you're:
- Eating enough calories to support the metabolism and testosterone optimization
- Consuming all your micros
- Consuming (unlisted) anti-oxidants, such as carnosine, 4-hydroxyproline, etc., to keep inflammation low
- Minimizing inflammatory foods
...Then, add in ultra-processed foods, then you're still likely good.

But if my T was 600 and I was eating "healthy foods" such as coconut oil, cocoa, palm oil, masa harina, sugar, etc., I would definitely rather swap out those foods for more whole unprocessed foods that's going to give me more bang for my buck.

If you're having all the T-boosting foods, namely eggs, milk, honey, oysters, organ meat, meat, etc., and you still have calories left, then adding fun is no problem. As long as the ultra-processed foods don't cause problems, like inflammation or insulin resistance, or overconsumption for you, then it's not a problem to consume them as long as you're having all the other good stuff in the diet.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
That's all I'm praying for, I have an estrogen deficiency which is completely fixed by these high doses.
Very interesting with the high DHEA doses. Have you tested your LH, test, DHT, estrone and estradiol?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Saying that though, i think it's a little myopic to rule out all processed food and treating it like there is stuff in there that is an issue other than PUFA, fortification of wheat, MSG, etc that is the issue

For instance, in some of the better super markets in the UK you can get French baguettes made the traditional way that are not fortified and have minimal ingredients if you tolerate starch. there is also some places selling proper French Pain Au Chocolat's, Croissants and all manner of pastries with unpasteurised grassfed butter. niche supermarkets in Iceland and Norway have all manner of sourdough breads leavened for over 48hours with minimal ingredients last time i was over there. i'm no fan of bread, but proper sourdough gets a pass for me
See my response to Santosh above. All ultra-processed foods aren't bad as long as you tolerate them fine. But if you're diet is devoid of or low in T-boosting foods, then it would likely be better to swap those processed foods for less processed T-boosting foods.

Santosh

As I mentioned there is nuance to this ofc.
If you're:
- Eating enough calories to support the metabolism and testosterone optimization
- Consuming all your micros
- Consuming (unlisted) anti-oxidants, such as carnosine, 4-hydroxyproline, etc., to keep inflammation low
- Minimizing inflammatory foods
...Then, add in ultra-processed foods, then you're still likely good.

But if my T was 600 and I was eating "healthy foods" such as coconut oil, cocoa, palm oil, masa harina, sugar, etc., I would definitely rather swap out those foods for more whole unprocessed foods that's going to give me more bang for my buck.

If you're having all the T-boosting foods, namely eggs, milk, honey, oysters, organ meat, meat, etc., and you still have calories left, then adding fun is no problem. As long as the ultra-processed foods don't cause problems, like inflammation or insulin resistance, or overconsumption for you, then it's not a problem to consume them as long as you're having all the other good stuff in the diet.

Even without a solid foundation, the lesser of two evils remains a diet full of non-inflammatory processed foods rather than organic inflammatory oxalate-ladden vegetables.

But I get what you say and I agree, I'm just debating between the two unideal scenarii.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Even without a solid foundation, the lesser of two evils remains a diet full of non-inflammatory processed foods rather than organic inflammatory oxalate-ladden vegetables.

But I get what you say and I agree, I'm just debating between the two unideal scenarii.
I get what you're saying and agree that non-inflammatory foods are better than inflammatory foods, regardless of what it is, but the one still isn't better than the other IMO, since some people do better on broccoli than milk and cocoa for example. So it's highly person specific.

Hi , how many count do you have now ? :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals