Make Sure Your Eggs Are Soy-Free!

DANIEL

Just found out that Vital Farms is feeding their chickens "unprocessed soymeal."

Absolutely diabolical.

1608162669390.png

Thankfully I easily found an organic brand that is soy-free, and I have switched over for good.

1608162761281.png

Be careful out there, lads.

RealNeat

Eggs are very nutritious and very problematic at the same time. Im still trying to figure out if the shells are treated with mineral oil or something. Its a valuable part of the egg but not if its contaminated. "unprocessed" eggs can be "glassed" but not commercial eggs. So they are definitely different and the details are full of devils. Eggs are a very wholesome food and it would be a shame if industry didnt take the chance to ruin them too.

I emailed vital farms about this. They also don’t like soy and have seen the studies but say at this time there’s no other alternatives for protein sources that the chicken need for their diet..

edit: tried to edit but posted twice on accident, my bad

gaze

i think nearly every organic and pasure raised egg in a supermarket uses soy and corn as a amino acid "supplement". all the eggs that say soy and corn free use things like flax seeds instead. unless you personally know the farmer, american eggs are a risk

RealNeat

i raised chickens on my apartment porch, and took them out to large fields to forage. Its really not that hard and they eat anything you give them pretty much. They are also very resilient.

gaze

i raised chickens on my apartment porch, and took them out to large fields to forage. Its really not that hard and they eat anything you give them pretty much. They are also very resilient.
how many did you have and how many eggs would they give you?

Ben.

I am no farmer whatsoever ... but im wondering where do chicken get their protein in a "natural" habitat?

From the worms, insects and the likes right? To a degree from the plants/herbs too. Would that be to expensive for the farmer to buy?
I mean ofc cheap soy from the mass produced fields is cheaper ... but is it realy no alternative?

Where i live even the most expensive "organic" eggs come from "organic soy" fed chicken.

RealNeat

how many did you have and how many eggs would they give you?
Just a few, an egg everyday. You have to like chickens to be so up close and personal with them. If you dont like chickens dont raise them (may seem obvious but people think they like eggs so theyll raise chickens... only to find out they dont like chickens lol)

RealNeat

I am no farmer whatsoever ... but im wondering where do chicken get their protein in a "natural" habitat?

From the worms, insects and the likes right? To a degree from the plants/herbs too to a certain degree. Would that be to expensive for the farmer to buy?
I mean ofc cheap soy from the mass produced fields is cheaper ... but is it realy no alternative?

Where i live even the most expensive "organic" eggs come from "organic soy" fed chicken.
the alternative is to raise chickens where they can forage year round. This restricts producers options for location. The whole system around animal husbandry needs to be rebuilt.

MidBicep

I remember Ray saying you can replace eating the daily egg with around 225g of well cooked mushroom, or if you eat liver the same day then about half that much is enough. Personally I can't digest eggs and don't really like them so I'm eating a bit of liver almost every day, but I might start adding mushrooms

RealNeat

I remember Ray saying you can replace eating the daily egg with around 225g of well cooked mushroom, or if you eat liver the same day then about half that much is enough. Personally I can't digest eggs and don't really like them so I'm eating a bit of liver almost every day, but I might start adding mushrooms
i cant imagine replacing eggs because i love them so much but when i was vegan I would somewhat eliminate my craving for them by sprinkling Sulfur Salt over avocados. The mushrooms with Sulfur Salt may also be a good substitute texture wise.

From the worms, insects and the likes right? To a degree from the plants/herbs too. Would that be to expensive for the farmer to buy?

Idk, maybe they can’t forage adequately if there are too many chickens so the real main source of food is from their feed. Here’s there exact response if your curious

Attachments

• EEA3EF41-888B-42AD-AA16-48F4BDC37D45.png
    EEA3EF41-888B-42AD-AA16-48F4BDC37D45.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 33