Make Liver Tasty Recipes?

tara

You may find something you like if you look through the recipes section:
Recipes

Personally, I like mine lightly fried in coconut oil. I has to be nice and fresh, and not overcooked. With or without some veges, potato or rice. I like beef liver, some prefer lamb or chicken.

But if you don't like the taste like that, there are ways to combine it with other things, in stews, pates, with herbs or spices etc. If you don't find a recipe you like in the forum, you could do a web search for 'recipe liver', and see what looks good and possible to you.

Some people eat raw liver, but personally I'd be cautious about it in case of parasites.

Bon appetit.

cyclops

What about soaking it in milk, haven't tried that yet, but I heard people saying it makes it taste better.

Also with onions helps allot.

theLaw

Blending a small amount (.5 ounces) into a large cup of strong coffee or chocolate flavored drink covers the taste.

raypeatclips

The quality of liver was the game changer for me personally. Supermarket liver was inedible and I tried many recipes to make it taste good but was never successful. I now buy liver from a butchers and I can eat it by itself and it is fine, almost a sweet taste to it. I do soak it in milk for around 15 minutes before cooking.

tara

What about soaking it in milk, haven't tried that yet, but I heard people saying it makes it taste better.
Forgot to mention. I used to do that. Now I just soak in water for a couple of hours/overnight in the fridge. I don't know what milk does that water doesn't do - might be something, but I couldn't tell the difference in taste. But some of the blood drains out into the water, which I figure is probably good in my case since I'm not needing more iron, and I prefer the taste soaked to not soaked.

Luann

The quality of liver was the game changer for me personally. Supermarket liver was inedible and I tried many recipes to make it taste good but was never successful. I now buy liver from a butchers and I can eat it by itself and it is fine, almost a sweet taste to it. I do soak it in milk for around 15 minutes before cooking.

I want to do this eventually. For now, cooking the cheap stuff in HCO with a bit of vinegar and eating with mustard is just fine. Or you could try breading it in tapioca flour which is low in PUFA.

whodathunkit

Blending a small amount (.5 ounces) into a large cup of strong coffee or chocolate flavored drink covers the taste.
I blend it, too, since there is NO WAY in the universe to make liver taste good if you don't already have an affinity for it. I despise it.

But because I'm anemic I blend mine with OJ to get the iron and cover taste at same time. I blend 40z liver in like 8oz OJ until smooth, hold my nose, and chug until gone. 1x/week.

If I didn't need the iron the coffee/chocolate suggestion would appeal to me.

SeaGreen

I eat it with sautéed onions and apples with a balsamic reduction. Got the recipe from Metabolic Blueprint Cookbook. I’ve loved every recipe I’ve tried in that book.

BrianF

I blend it, too, since there is NO WAY in the universe to make liver taste good if you don't already have an affinity for it. I despise it.

But because I'm anemic I blend mine with OJ to get the iron and cover taste at same time. I blend 40z liver in like 8oz OJ until smooth, hold my nose, and chug until gone. 1x/week.

If I didn't need the iron the coffee/chocolate suggestion would appeal to me.
You tried chicken liver? Tastes a lot better... I get a fairly priced organic option from Waitrose in the UK.

ScottyVP

Deep fried liver in a KFC style batter with a dipping sauce is great as a Saturday movie night snack. Usually accompanied with squid and onion rings.

tankasnowgod

I get calf liver, and it tastes so much better than regular beef liver. I just fry it in coconut oil, and it tastes fine. If I get bored with it straight, I mix some horseradish and sour cream, and use that sauce mixture liberally. Tastes delicious.

Memento

Fresh high quality liver in cream sauce with lingonberries or cranberries. Yummy.

BigBrain

what does soaking it in milk do.
its removes the bitternes of it.
I like liver with white onions and white mushrooms only salted with baked oven potatoes both liver and potatoas with out fat , but you can add butter or palm oil on liver make it tastier

Ideonaut

I get calf liver, and it tastes so much better than regular beef liver. I just fry it in coconut oil, and it tastes fine. If I get bored with it straight, I mix some horseradish and sour cream, and use that sauce mixture liberally. Tastes delicious.
I just had a good exprience with calve's liver, too--mild flavor--baked it with granulated garlic and soysauce.

whodathunkit

You tried chicken liver? Tastes a lot better... I get a fairly priced organic option from Waitrose in the UK.
Liver is liver to me. I can't eat any of it cooked. I tried chicken, too. Good idea, though. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals