Majority of French bottled water brands contaminated by microplastics

miquelangeles

A French study published this week shows that 78 percent of bottled mineral water analyzed contains microplastics. The organization Agir pour l'environnement is calling for a ban on plastic bottles within five years.

The results of a study called "We drink plastic" (Nous buvons du plastique) released on Thursday by Agir pour l'environnement show that, of nine bottles of mineral water analysed, seven were found to contain microplastics.

The best-selling bottled waters in France were analysed by the Breton public laboratory Labocea. The particles found include polyethylene terephthalates (used in plastic bottles) and polyethylene (used in the bottle caps).

Worringly, the water specifically marketed "for children" (Vittel kids) had a concentration twenty times higher than the others.

Lollipop2

Someone needs to invent a filtration system that covers Microplastics. I am certain some one will. Matter of time. Until then ? Yikes…

Don

Then there is plastic nano particles, it just gets uglier.

Jib

Someone needs to invent a filtration system that covers Microplastics. I am certain some one will. Matter of time. Until then ? Yikes…

Reverse Osmosis is probably best.

For me, for now, I'm using an Aquacera Terra2 gravity filter with two Aquacera Cerametix AMB filters. Much better than nothing. They list filtration of micro plastics at 99% here:

Lollipop2

Reverse Osmosis is probably best.

For me, for now, I'm using an Aquacera Terra2 gravity filter with two Aquacera Cerametix AMB filters. Much better than nothing. They list filtration of micro plastics at 99% here:

Oh wow that is great!! Thanks for tagging me…

Jib

Oh wow that is great!! Thanks for tagging me…

Sure thing! I've really been enjoying that filter a lot. If you check out St. Paul Mercantile as well, you can get stainless steel filter bodies (like the body the Berkey uses) for cheap. The Terra2 stoneware body that Aquacera sells is HEAVY! I like it, but my god.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom