Announcement MAJOR SOFTWARE UPGRADE IN PROGRESS

Logan-

Can we get one page, or set number of posts per page?

Yeah, something like that is urgently needed, as the old PRINT function is gone with this new forum software; making the forum’s usefulness decrease significantly for many people.

Is The PRINT Function Gone?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeah, something like that is urgently needed, as the old PRINT function is gone with this new forum software; making the forum’s usefulness decrease significantly for many people.

Is The PRINT Function Gone?

I was able to find a solution. :D On the thread near the top right, you can click the three dots for "more options", then go down to the bottom where it says "export thread". You should then be able to print via browser. Let me know how it goes.

Logan-

I was able to find a solution. :D On the thread near the top right, you can click the three dots for "more options", then go down to the bottom where it says "export thread". You should then be able to print via browser. Let me know how it goes.

Works very well.

amd

If you get the chance to implement the option for the number of posts per page that would be nice because it preserves the normal formatting and looks nicer when you save pages.

paymanz

thanks you charlie for making it better.and of curse everyone who helped you to do it.:thumbright

the good thing about like button(or a rating button) is that it prevents a thread to become bulky, removes the unnecessary messages. just my opinion.

saltandtime

I mostly read the forum on my phone and the smaller font size of the new styles has just about killed that. Is there a way the font size can be increased?

Here’s a before and after screenshot:

Attachments

• 1607822737196.png
    1607822737196.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1607822824623.png
    1607822824623.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 17
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I mostly read the forum on my phone and the smaller font size of the new styles has just about killed that. Is there a way the font size can be increased?

Here’s a before and after screenshot:
You should be able to increase the font on your phone.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
The new forum upgrade brings a much better user experience to the forum. A lot of the bells and whistles that we use to have, are now core features. This is great for user experience, and admin experience. As with any new major updates, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

The major part of the update is done. However the work will continue over the next few days as I get the forum to where we need it for the best experience possible.

Love you guys and gals! YOU make this place ROCK! :D

Charlie!

This is fantastic!!

Can I donate some money to help continue this community?

lvysaur

My suggestion: portal is basically a chan-style megaforum that gives an view of what people are talking about right now, its amazing.
I second this as well. But at the same time, PLEASE don't change the "Similar threads" feature @charlie it's amazing.
Unrelated question: Many users' profiles show the following message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

This user's profile is not available.

Is this an error, or have they deactivated their accounts, or are they banned? Just curious because I don't wanna be in the dark hoping someone will come back.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I second this as well.
Link to sample of this?

PLEASE don't change the "Similar threads" feature @charlie it's amazing.
:salute

Is this an error, or have they deactivated their accounts, or are they banned? Just curious because I don't wanna be in the dark hoping someone will come back.
Hmmm, not sure what is going on. I have disabled an addon that might be causing this so let me know if the same is still happening.

I second this as well. But at the same time, PLEASE don't change the "Similar threads" feature @charlie it's amazing.

AFAIK, this has been around far, far longer than the site rework

yerrag

Great! I didn't know this existed.

And if one has the Mercury Reader extension on the browser he can make change the readability of it, with options on size and change from sans to serif type-

Before:
1608089592632.png

After:
1608089332266.png

yerrag

thanks you charlie for making it better.and of curse everyone who helped you to do it.:thumbright

the good thing about like button(or a rating button) is that it prevents a thread to become bulky, removes the unnecessary messages. just my opinion.
I like this idea about a rating button. Would be helpful going through long threads. Certainly helps to dig out good info quickly while skimming past trivial messages.

Probably if it were not used as often as an fb like button, it would not be abused and used too often to become useless. Maybe if there were a minimum number of likes on a post, then it would come out as "really useful?" And perhaps each user would have a limit on "like" clicks per day, that would keep the button from being overused, maybe?

lvysaur

AFAIK, this has been around far, far longer than the site rework
I know, but it happened on two users who I've spoken with recently: @gately and @MatheusPN.

I don't know if they both happened to delete their accounts, or were both banned for some reason. But it feels unlikely that both of them would have this happen?

paymanz

I like this idea about a rating button. Would be helpful going through long threads. Certainly helps to dig out good info quickly while skimming past trivial messages.

Probably if it were not used as often as an fb like button, it would not be abused and used too often to become useless. Maybe if there were a minimum number of likes on a post, then it would come out as "really useful?" And perhaps each user would have a limit on "like" clicks per day, that would keep the button from being overused, maybe?
yeah , and i expect people in a RP forum to be wiser than that. ;)

yerrag

yeah , and i expect people in a RP forum to be wiser than that. ;)
You'd be surprised.

This has been tried before, as I understand it, and it didn't turn out well. I don't know the details though.

Lejeboca

Hey @charlie , does this upgrade has a feature of dressing up the avatars with Santa Hats and adding conifers for the holidays? It was cute with them on. :cool:

Would it be possible to add an 'arrow down' button below the 'arrow up'. Screenshot from 2020-12-16 21-49-19.png ?

Thanks again for the upgrade :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals