Announcement Maintenance/Downtime Notices And Announcements

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Going to be scheduling maintenance for Saturday. I will need to shut the site down for around 20 minutes. There are some glitches happening, and I will need to re-install the forum software to clean it up. NO posts or any information will be lost so no worries about that. If more glitches start showing up I might do the maintenance earlier, but hopefully we can hold out till Saturday because that's the slowest day around here and will effect the least amount of people.

:hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Scheduling Maintenance For Saturday

Went ahead and did the maintenance. So we are set. Just working on getting the modifications set back up. Working on the new portal now. Pretty excited about that. The portal will take me a while to get it set up right, so please bare with me.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Having issues with portal and reputation system. Please bare with me as I work through it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

:doublebirdiegreen

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

RSS syndication has been installed and ready to go.

Looking at installing a digest modification mod if people would like a digest type notification.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Previous subject check installed. Basically when you put the title of your subject in, it checks the database and if there are any words that match other subjects then it will list them for you so you can check them out before posting your thread.

Here is a better description of it:

When a new topic is attempted, a list of topics with similar subjects will first be displayed along with a message urging the user to see if perhaps this new topic is not needed.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Working on the forum right now so if you get booted please accept my apologies. An update was applied to the server yesterday and it seems to have thrown a couple things off that need to be fixed. :hattip

loess

So you fixed the time circuits, right? And I hope you finally put in the flux capacitor we've all been waiting for. I've been holding on to this dang case of plutonium for months. 1.21 gigawatts doesn't come cheap you know!

[spoil]
1631280-doc_brown_full.jpg
[/spoil]

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

:rolling

Classic!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies for the outages this morning. My hosting company was having some routing issues. This does happen occasionally but as you can tell everything is back to normal. :hattip

Hosting Company said:
Our networking team is currently investigating routing issues with one of
our network providers. At this time we do not have any further information
regarding the issue. Rest assured they are working as fast as possible to
resolve this issue.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Had to take the board down for a short time this morning to upgrade the forum software. Everything went smoothly and we are up to date. :mrgreen:

artemis

:datsphatyo

Thanks so much for everything you do, Charlie! This forum is the shizzle. Please don't change a thing.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
artemis said:
:datsphatyo

Thanks so much for everything you do, Charlie! This forum is the shizzle. Please don't change a thing.

artemis, :hattip

Thank you for the kind words. Couldn't do it without ya'll. :cool:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies if you have experienced any glitches today. I am working on it and will have it smoothed out soon. :hattip

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Again my sincere apologies for the hiccups. Our "Content Delivery Network" (CDN) was having a conflict with our server, so in the meantime I switched over to another CDN while we were resolving the issue. We are still working through it, so there might still be a few more hiccups.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies for the downtime tonight. The hosting company is having routing issues. These guys are pretty good so not gonna hold it against them. :lol:

hosting company said:
15 minutes ago - Our networking team are still working on the routing issues in *****.
1 hour, 1 minute ago - Our ****** location is currently experiencing routing issues. Our networking team are investigating.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, I have put it off a long as I can, but its time to upgrade servers again. We keep getting limited on CPU and also IO, daily now. It's time.

I have found a new host that will make it very easy for us to scale up or down if needed, on the fly, with a couple clicks. With traffic steadily increasing, we are definitely going to need that option. :lol:

Sometime in the next 24-72 hours I will shut the forum off, and you will not see it working again until its switched over to the new server. For some of you this might be an hour or two, for others longer. Just depends on DNS propagation time. So please bare with me as I get it all sorted out.

4peatssake

Fantastic news.
Thank you Charlie.
chaplin.gif