Announcement Maintenance/Downtime Notices And Announcements

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We will be performing server upgrades Sunday June 7th at 9pm eastern standard time. Probably will take around 30 minutes or so. Could be longer, could be less. No worries, we will be back and better then ever. :D
:bump2

Upcoming server maintenance work tonight at 9pm EDT.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Our CDN is on the fritz so I have disabled it until I can troubleshoot it tomorrow. The site will be a bit slower for those in Antartica, so take a chill pill please. :pill: :D

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am aware of the current issue and working on it. Fix has been applied will be monitoring.

Appreciate all the emails of the site being down. Wow, you guys/gals are fast! :D

thank you. I thought it was me! Then my wife told me, "the world doesn't revolve around you," so I find out differently!

Phew!!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And just a friendly reminder. If the forum is ever down, rest assured I am focused on getting it back up soon as humanly possible. I go through great lengths to make sure this site will always be available. So if you do see an issue, no worries. And remember, if we ever have to pull from a backup, it will take quite a bit of time because the database and content is HUGE. So it does take a bit of time to move that much information around.

Again, thanks for the emails I got. Much appreciated. :hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray Peat Forum back in action. Had a couple hiccups on upgrades but that does happen. Could have a hiccup here and there till things are totally smoothed over. No worries, we got this. :cool:

Thanks for keeping the site up.
It logged me out automatically a few times maybe 2 hours ago but now seems to work.

haidut

Forum Supporter
the database and content is HUGE.

I see that as a very good "problem" to have :):
Btw, is general traffic (from guest/non-members) growing/stalling? Do you see any signs that Google may have blacklisted the site in its search results?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Btw, is general traffic (from guest/non-members) growing/stalling?
Slow steady gradual increase.

Do you see any signs that Google may have blacklisted the site in its search results?
It's funny because one day we will be in google, next day not, then another day we are there. Not sure what kind of buggery they got going. Seems a google anti-trust lawsuit might be in the works. So maybe they will not be an issue in the future.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Seems a google anti-trust lawsuit might be in the works. So maybe they will not be an issue in the future.

Amen to that!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aware of the recent hiccup. Investigating it now.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Might be some hiccups here and there over the next couple hours as i do some work on the forum.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There was a failure around noon today at the data center where the forum is hosted. When that happened, our database crashed and got corrupted. I have restored from a backup which was about 3 hours before the crash. So we did lose a bit of posts today, but not much. All in all, it was a successful outcome and things worked as they should have for this kind of situation.

As always. If the forum goes down you can be rest assured that I am doing everything humanly possible to get it back up as soon as possible. The forum database is massive, it takes quite a bit of time to move it around and restore it. So please have patience if there is some kind of failure in the future.

Also, I have decided to open a twitter account for the forum so if something happens like this again. You can go there for updates.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the update Charlie always reassuring to be kept informed this way.

This forum continues to be vital for so many and is truly a gift to mankind

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There was a failure around noon today at the data center where the forum is hosted. When that happened, our database crashed and got corrupted. I have restored from a backup which was about 3 hours before the crash. So we did lose a bit of posts today, but not much. All in all, it was a successful outcome and things worked as they should have for this kind of situation.

As always. If the forum goes down you can be rest assured that I am doing everything humanly possible to get it back up as soon as possible. The forum database is massive, it takes quite a bit of time to move it around and restore it. So please have patience if there is some kind of failure in the future.

Also, I have decided to open a twitter account for the forum so if something happens like this again. You can go there for updates.

Thank you. I’m following and have a new account on twitter. Blossom _rpfm

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks for the update Charlie always reassuring to be kept informed this way.

This forum continues to be vital for so many and is truly a gift to mankind
:hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Pardon the hiccups today. Everything should be smoothed out real nice now. :D

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you! Apparently I'm addicted to this forum. Quite the revealing experience for me earlier 😉
You are very welcome! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals