Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Welcome back. :yellohello

We are on the new server now. I will post more later. Gonna take er' out for a drive. :mrgreen:

:hattip

XPlus

And I was wondering what happended to the forum.
I thought the Paleo folks decided to hack the server.

What happened today could foster for the need for a more productive Ray Peat community.

Today I actually had to do some work at work, S_S went to the bar next doors, got drunk watching old el clasico games, Amazoniac visited the amazon for the first time, Westide PUFAs stayed home all day staring at a cached version of the forum’s index page until he fell asleep and Stuart was about to leave us for a more complaisant online cult.

I hereby request the Senior Executive Directors of the Ray Peat forum to adopt a one day-off policy.
Every week, one day off for every member, so I can take my day off when Stuart and Wetside PUFAs are actively discussing the “sexual orientation and the prevalence of disease in the paleolithic era” topic.

I call dibs on Monday. So I can go for prayers when there’s a lot less suicide bombers near worship places.

Dan W

Thanks for all the work keeping this big ol' beast of a forum online, Charlie.

And I second XPlus's idea on the day off. Every post would be replaced with pictures of Robert Lustig scowling at sugar cubes.

Giraffe

XPlus said:
I hereby request the Senior Executive Directors of the Ray Peat forum to adopt a one day-off policy.
Every week, one day off for every member, so I can take my day off when Stuart and Wetside PUFAs are actively discussing the “sexual orientation and the prevalence of disease in the paleolithic era” topic.
Ha-ha! I take off when the merits of a low pulse and beta carotene are praised. No name calling! :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My sincere apologies for the downtime tonight. The new hosting company borked a setting in the security package.

There might be a hiccup here and there, but I think we are pretty much through the worst of it. :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, another bork by the hosting company. The DNS information was messed up on the server, so basically a big part of the world could not see the forum. :roll: That is all fixed now.

4peatssake

XPlus said:
And I was wondering what happended to the forum.
I thought the Paleo folks decided to hack the server.

What happened today could foster for the need for a more productive Ray Peat community.

Today I actually had to do some work at work, S_S went to the bar next doors, got drunk watching old el clasico games, Amazoniac visited the amazon for the first time, Westide PUFAs stayed home all day staring at a cached version of the forum’s index page until he fell asleep and Stuart was about to leave us for a more complaisant online cult.

I call dibs on Monday. So I can go for prayers when there’s a lot less suicide bombers near worship places.
tumblr_muyzx5AThv1svceedo1_250.gif

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Daimyo said:
Do you need some $$$ for the server maintenance? I assume it cost a lot..?
Yes, it would really help.

I am in the process of talking to the other mods about this. It would be great if it could be one person that handled the costs. If we can't find one person, then we will do a pool donation.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Daimyo said:
I'm not (yet) rich, but I could contribute few bucks.

Hey I sincerely appreciate that. :hattip

Soon as we figure out how its going to be set up I will let everyone know. :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The random issues this morning was due to me trying to deploy the Content Delivery Network(CDN) through our own URL (cdn.raypeatforum.com). However, I ran into some issues with it and tried to work through it as best/fast as I could. After a while of not locating the problem I decided to forgo the deployment and will give give it a go next Saturday.

We are running on CDN right now, just under the generic URL they give us, which is totally fine. There are some advantages to using our own URL so will be looking on getting that implemented soon as I can.

I did testing this week with the CDN and it definitely improves the forum speed. Especially for our members in Australia who are known to have very bad internet, saving them up to 2 seconds download time. Thats a big difference. All around the globe it has sped up the forum, so I am convinced and will be using this from now on, to better the user experience here.

If anyone would like to help pay the CDN, the minimum payment is $29(there is no contracts or anything, its simply a pay as you go type system, even if you could only pay once that would help a lot) that can be made directly to the company(KeyCDN) via Paypal. Right now, with the traffic we have, it looks like $29 will cover us for at least 3 months, maybe up to 4 or 5 months. That's a really great deal and totally worth it. If you can help with this, I would sincerely appreciate it and you would be helping a lot of people. Having a faster forum makes things less stressful and we all know that's "keepin' it Peaty". :hattip

L

lollipop

Hi @charlie

Thank you for mentioning this :flushed: I was thinking the other day that I wanted to message you and ask about giving a donation to help out.

Could you be more specific on how to give the $29? An email address? To you as a gift? email?

Thank you again - and also to the other moderators for such serious dedication to create a fabulous environment for the rest of us to learn :hearteyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Big thank you to @lisaferraro for taking care of the first payment to the CDN and also buying the SSL certificate we needed so that we can have our own dedicated CDN URL, cdn.raypeatforum.com. :grouphug

We are now fully deployed and already getting great feedback on the speed of the forum. If you find any issues please report them to me.

L

lollipop

Big thank you to @lisaferraro for taking care of the first payment to the CDN and also buying the SSL certificate we needed so that we can have our own dedicated CDN URL, cdn.raypeatforum.com. :grouphug

We are now fully deployed and already getting great feedback on the speed of the forum. If you find any issues please report them to me.

Soooo happy to participate :): We all benefit from your amazing efforts @charlie. I have benefited immensely from this forum that I feel to give back :angelic: (lol) Also I am an entrepreneur and understand that forums have costs - chipping in is LEAST I can do!