Home > Merchants > Merchant Forums > IdeaLabs > Magnoil - Liquid Magnesium

Magnoil - Liquid Magnesium

1. As many forum users know, magnesium (Mg) is one of the most important minerals for proper metabolic function. It is a required cofactor for hundreds of metabolic enzymes, including the crucial mitochondrial enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), ATP synthesis, and ATP transport in the bloodstream (as a Mg-ATP complex). In addition, Mg plays an important role in various signalling mechanisms within the nervous system including GABA, NMDA, HPA, calcium channels, and so on. Peat has written a lot on the topic of Mg and sodium and their deficiencies in hypothyroidism. One recent metareview study concluded that 80%+ of people in the Western world suffer from some level of Mg deficiency. With that in mind, a lot of people are supplementing with oral Mg in an effort to raise both serum and tissue levels. However, there are a number of problems with that approach. The first one is that almost all of the Mg salts commonly sold as supplements have poor absorption from the GI tract. For most salts, the reported absorption is usually less than 40%. Out of that absorbed portion, an even smaller proportion is retained since Mg retention depends on thyroid and ATP (as mentioned above). According to several studies, only about 10%-15% of the absorbed Mg is retained within tissues. Finally, virtually all of the Mg salts sold as supplements tend to irritate the GI tract and/or easily cause diarrhea, and this is something Peat has reported first-hand. The combination of all of these factors makes Mg replenishment a VERY challenging tasks unless somebody is admitted to the ER/hospital and receives an IV drip of Mg. Clearly the latter is not a practical or desirable option for most people.

Some vendors have realized the issue with oral Mg supplementation and have tried to come up with transdermal products, which in principle should avoid the issues of GI irritation and poor absorption/retention. In addition, raising magnesium levels has been shown to reverse the age-associated decline in DHEA levels, and likely has similar beneficial effects on pregnenolone levels as well. However, the only commercially viable product that I have seen so far uses a concentrated magnesium chloride (Mg-Cl) solution (in water). Not only is that solution irritating to the skin but several studies that looked at blood and tissue biomarkers of Mg stores claimed that very little (if anything) gets absorbed from that product. This is not surprising, considering that water is a very poor carrier of chemicals through the skin (which has been confirmed in countless human trials) unless it is combined with a penetration enhancer of some sort. Some other vendors have tried to improve the transdermal effectiveness of Mg-Cl by adding ethanol, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, etc. The issue with that approach is that most magnesium salts are very poorly soluble in alcohols/glycols, which results in very little Mg being present in the product and thus the overall Mg delivery into the system is possibly even lower than the plain Mg-Cl + water combination.

If somebody could resolve the issue of getting Mg through the skin it could provide a very desirable method for Mg supplementation that avoids most of the issues mentioned previously. We believe that our product described in this thread resolves many of these issues. After more than 10 months of testing with more than 30 different magnesium salts and pretty much every commercially available solvent, we finally found a combination that appears to work well. As a result, we are pleased to present our product Magnoil. It uses Magnesium L-pidolate as the Mg source and DMSO as a solvent. Magnesium L-pidolate is simply the salt of magnesium with L-pyroglutamic acid (L-PGA). I have posted about L-PGA before and it is one of the ingredients in our product Cardenosine. It just so happens that Magnesium L-pidolate is perhaps the only Mg salt that is soluble in good transdermal carriers like DMSO in amounts that makes transdermal supplementation practical. It has been used clinically for years and is available as an OTC magnesium supplement. The combination of Mg and L-PGA seems to have some unique neurotrophic effects, which are likely due to the effects of L-PGA on the brain. Some of those effects, including increasing dopamine synthesis and improving glucose metabolism, are discussed in studies posted in the Cardenosine thread.
    Now, this brings us to the choice of solvent - DMSO. I know DMSO has acquired a bit of bad rep here but after running tests on several of our human volunteers (including yours truly) I suspect a lot of that bad rep can be reversed. It appears that not only does DMSO allow for full absorption of the dissolved Mg L-pidolate through the skin, but the combination of the two has some unique effects not seen in other products using DMSO as a solvent. First of all, for some reason there is no visible skin irritation/redness/itching when using the solution on the skin. At least not in the 3 volunteers that tried Magnoil on their skin for several days in a row. This is a notable difference compared to other DMSO solutions such as the older version of our steroid products, which caused skin irritation in some people. Second, there seems to be no skin drying or peeling, which DMSO is also known to cause sometimes. Finally, after application of the solution and allowing for about 20min to achieve complete absorption, the skin is left very smooth and feels quite rejuvenated. The solution is viscous and feels very much like a gel. It is sticky after initial application, which is something people noticed with Cardenosine. This is likely due to the L-PGA component, as it is known to acquire a sticky texture when in solution. However, that mild stickiness and gel-like consistency makes the solution very suitable for skin application because stays on the skin almost like a cream, and it does not run down or drip on the ground as it often happens with more liquid solutions. In addition, another cool property of the product is that L-PGA is itself a transdermal penetration enhancer, as I also mentioned in the Cardenosine thread. As such, it likely synergizes with the transdermal effectiveness of DMSO to improve absorption even more.

Our informal tests show that within a few minutes after application the typical effects of increased magnesium levels are observed - i.e. increased temps, pink color of previously pale/blue skin, calmness, anxiolytic effect, and even sedation when higher dose are used. One of the people who tried it has chronic constipation due to IBS-C and reported increased bowel movements - from 1 every 2 days to 2 per day. So, it does look like Magnoil is capable of delivering magnesium systemically and to tissues, but the ultimate test would be more people using it and reporting their results. We are really excited about it, because we don't know of any other product on the market (or in development) that has these features.

The name Magnoil is an acronym composed of portion of the words magnesium and oil. Of course, it does not contain any oils but the name is a reference to the gel-like and oily consistence of the solution due to the high amount of magnesium dissolved in it. The product can be ordered from the page below.
    www.idealabsdc.com

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

*******************************************************************************
    Magnoil is a liquid magnesium supplement suitable for skin application. Magnesium has a unique and highly important role in human health. The mineral is a required cofactor for over 300 enzymes in the organism, including the crucial enzyme PDH. In addition, it has a well-recognized role in the CNS and various other systems including GABA/glycine receptors, NMDA, calcium channels, inflammation (CRP, NF-kB, TNFa, etc).

Serving size: 20 drops
    Servings per container: about 30
    Each serving contains the following ingredients:

Magnesium L-pidolate: 333mg

Other ingredients: DMSO
    *******************************************************************************

References:

CNS/mood/cognition
    [Molecular mechanisms of pidolate magnesium action and its neurotropic affects]. - PubMed - NCBI
    "...RESULTS: Neurotropic effects of magnesium pyroglutamate are due to an influence on the synthesis of neuropeptides containing pyroglutamate (orexin, thyroliberin, neurotensin etc) and due to the similarity between pyroglutamate-anion with some neuroactive components (L-theanine, 2-pirrolydinone, piracetam). CONCLUSION: The results of the study suggest neuroprotective, sedative and antidepressive properties of magnesium pyroglutamate which are realized by pyroglutamate-anion in the synergism with magnesium cation."

Magnesium as a preventive treatment for paediatric episodic tension-type headache: results at 1-year follow-up. - PubMed - NCBI
    Magnesium as a treatment for paediatric tension-type headache: a clinical replication series. - PubMed - NCBI
    Visual evoked potentials and serum magnesium levels in juvenile migraine patients. - PubMed - NCBI
    Reversible model of magnesium depletion induced by systemic kainic acid injection in magnesium-deficient rats: I--Comparative study of various magn... - PubMed - NCBI
    Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesium-deficient rats: effect of pharmacological doses of magnesium pidolate, magnesium aspartate, magn... - PubMed - NCBI
    [Psychopharmacological properties of three magnesium salts: pidolate, lactate and aspartate]. - PubMed - NCBI
    [Magnesium in the prophylaxis of primary headache and other periodic disorders in children]. - PubMed - NCBI

CVD/circulation/blood pressure/anemia
    [Effects of magnesium pidolate on cardiovascular hemodynamics]. - PubMed - NCBI
    [Effects of magnesium pidolate on cardiovascular hemodynamics]. - PubMed - NCBI

Magnesium for treating sickle cell disease. - PubMed - NCBI
    Late outcome of a randomized study on oral magnesium for premature complexes. - PubMed - NCBI
    Late Outcome of a Randomized Study on Oral Magnesium for Premature Complexes. - PubMed - NCBI
    Successful improvement of frequency and symptoms of premature complexes after oral magnesium administration. - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral magnesium supplementation reduces ambulatory blood pressure in patients with mild hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI
    Promising therapies in sickle cell disease. - PubMed - NCBI
    Phase I study of magnesium pidolate in combination with hydroxycarbamide for children with sickle cell anaemia. - PubMed - NCBI
    [Clinical trials of new therapeutic pharmacology for sickle cell disease]. - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral magnesium pidolate: effects of long-term administration in patients with sickle cell disease. - PubMed - NCBI
    The effect of dietary magnesium supplementation on the cellular abnormalities of erythrocytes in patients with beta thalassemia intermedia. - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral magnesium supplements reduce erythrocyte dehydration in patients with sickle cell disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Metabolism/diabetes
    Effects of oral magnesium supplementation on plasma lipid concentrations in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. - PubMed - NCBI
    Effects of magnesium supplements on blood pressure, endothelial function and metabolic parameters in healthy young men with a family history of met... - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral magnesium supplementation improves vascular function in elderly diabetic patients. - PubMed - NCBI
    Beneficial effects of oral magnesium supplementation on insulin sensitivity and serum lipid profile. - PubMed - NCBI
    [Comparative study of the short-term acceptability and tolerance of a new oral formulation of magnesium (TX 1341) and a reference magnesium]. - PubMed - NCBI
    Intravenous and oral magnesium supplementations in the prophylaxis of cisplatin-induced hypomagnesemia. Results of a controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Reproductive
    Effectiveness of magnesium pidolate in the prophylactic treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. - PubMed - NCBI

Allergies
    Magnesium pidolate in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Preliminary data. - PubMed - NCBI

2. Holy moly, and I thought christmas came once a year! As always asked on your threads, what experiences did you get from using this, as if I do recall correctly you said that you use it for 30 days when starting a new product?

3. I mentioned some of the effects in the threads, but they are the typical magnesium effects - increase frequency of bowel movement (but no diarrhea), calmness in lower doses (20 drops) and sedation in doses of 40 drops of higher, better muscle tone, intense body heat to the point of people sitting nearby commenting on me looking like a furnace, better digestion and no blood sugar swings from starchy meals, less urination, better look&feel of hair/nail/skin, disappearance of a few wrinkles, seemingly disappearing grey hair ( have only like 3-4 in my hair but still nice to see them gone), etc. The list can probably go on if I spend more time observing myself.

4. Do you plan to offer this product with SFA ester as solvent also? DMSO doesn't agree with me at all so I can't use this.
    I have tried many times to make DMSO-based supplements work but my body does not like it.

5. +1 request on a SFA ester magnesium please, DMSO doesn't work for me either.

6. Any change in the grey hairs in your beard?

7. Were Epsom salts one of the magnesium salts that you experienced with? Epsom salt baths are rrallr beneficial for me.

8. Unfortunately, no magnesium salt dissolves well in SFA esters of any kind, oils, or ethanol. I also had doubt about the DMSO but in this product it seems to have remarkably different effects - i.e. almost none of the common side effects attributed to DMSO.

9. Decrease in those, yes. It should be visible on the next Danny Roddy podcast.

10. See my response above. I hear you about the DMSO, but the L-PGA really seems to somehow neutralize the side effects of DMSO. I gave it to people who normally get nausea and joint pain from DMSO and none of these occurred with this product. I would have gladly used a different solvent but unfortunately, no magnesium salt dissolves well in anything that counts as good solvent for transdermal application. But the search continues, I just thought it would be good to start with something at least for the people who can tolerate DMSO.

11. A timely release. Been taking some Mag carbonate lately with noticeably better effects than other types of Mag I've tried, so looking forward to trying this now.
    Should anything else be taken with it to balance or improve the benefits?

12. I would try on its own first just to see how it affects you. If the suggested dose makes you too sleepy or causes too many bowel movements daily then adding some calcium may balance those effects. Other than that, magnesium is supposed to be just fine to take on its own.

13. This sounds wonderful.
    I have sprayed DMSO first then Mag oil when I had some acute muscle strain and cramps, and the relief- meaning pain disappears- occurs within the hour.
    Would this Magnoil be superior then?

14. what abut the magnesium salicylate topocal absorbtion?? as per in Solban???

15. ?

16. I see that this does not contain alcohol. Does that mean that we should wash the skin before using this?

17. Have you tried this with a thyroid supplement to see how they work together? Peat often talks about how they are synergistic.

18. @haidut
    Why the high dosage for Magnoil? Wouldn't one drop be sufficient for correcting a magnesium deficiency for most?

19. In his OP, it says one drop = 333mg. This is a typo I assume.

If you go into the idea labs store and look at the bottle, it says one serving (20 drops) = 333mg.

20. It must be, as he wouldn't even break-even with ~200 grams per bottle (not to mention that's a ridiculous amount of solute.) It's around a 1400% mark-up including the cost of DMSO but not including the cost of labor, shipping and holding costs for the raw material, and lastly the time invested into R&D.

Of course, haidut's always so helpful when it comes to advice maybe we should all be paying his salary as a doctor by now.

21. When I have inflammation issues, i.e. back pain, shoulder, etc., I routinely apply Mg oil (magnesium chloride) then apply DMSO. Had read years ago that the DMSO helped the Mg oil to be absorbed, like it does for most anything else. Wondering if there is much of a difference between the chloride form and the pidolinate form? One is certainly more expensive than the other. I guess I will test it out, but I will have to notice a significant difference in order to convert over due to price point. Also, this question I am sure has already been answered, but is the DMSO pharma grade (I'm sure it probably is)?

22. According to the Wikipedia entry, Magnesium L-pidolate contains 8.664% Mg by weight. So 1 serving of Magnoil at 333mg would translate to 28.85 mg Mg. Isn't this a bit low @haidut ?

23. Does that require application to the grey hair area, or is it systemic?

24. Magnesium L-Pidolate = 8.664% Mg
    Magnesium Citrate = 11.23% Mg
    Magnesium Glycinate = 14.1% Mg
    Magnesium Taurate = 8.9% Mg

Pretty typical... Bioavailability is everything.

25. How different is it from magnesium chloride?

26. Nice Haidut! I am ordering

27. In my experience - yes. I have also tried the Magnesium chloride + DMSO method and is effects (on me at least) pale in comparison to the Magnoil.

28. The dose does not come nearly as close as the on in Magnoil. But we are trying that salt as well in the hopes that we can produce a version of Magnoil without DMSO.

29. Probably not a bad idea for anything that is to be applied topically. I clean mine with some rubbing alcohol before application.

30. I use thyroid only occasionally but I will try it the next time I take thyroid and report.

31. It was a typo as @Bobber Anderson pointed out. Thanks for the heads up.

32. There is the cost of bottles, shipping materials, bottle labels, envelope labels, ziplock bags, insurance, office space, fees for equipment and renting a space licensed to bottle cosmetic ingredients, and of course labor for bottling, packaging, shipping, and dealing with returns/lost/stolen items, etc. The supplement business for small-time outfits like ours is not high. Only the big companies like VitaminShoppe, Walmart, target, etc can afford to scale things in a way to achieve the margin you mentioned. Btw, how did you come up with 1400%?

33. There is a big difference. DMSO helps absorption the most when it is the actual solvent. The magnesium oil sold as spray by other vendors contains magnesium chloride which does not really dissolve in DMSO. So, adding DMSO on top of it likely does not do much for absorption, at least not nearly as much as it does when it is the actual solvent. I explain this in the original thread.

34. Not if all of it is absorbed and retained. Also, just like for steroids, DMSO seems to potentiate the effects of this mineral. I would not call it a 10x magnifying effect as it is say for DHEA but it does feel a lot more potent then an oral dose of magnesium that is supposed to achieve the same amount (~30mg) absorption. Only way to compare is to try it out so I am sure we will have some user reports soon.

35. Probably helps more if it is applied closer to the grey hairs.

36. A ton. I describe this in the original thread. I would have used magnesium chloride (since it is so much cheaper and easier to find) if the effects were similar. The chloride salt does not dissolve in DMSO.

37. Indeed, I was referring to just the material and none of your other expenses. I used the Sigma Aldrich magnesium L-pidolate 500 grams for $99.50.

38. Is there a potential for magnesium L-pidolate to increase free glutamic acid?

This website (https://fixyourgut.com/magnesium-most-overlooked-mineral-for-improving-health-2/) raised that concern, however they did not provide a reference for the claim.
    • Magnesium pidolate – Absorption is DEFINITELY not worth the extra free glutamic acid. Too much, free glutamic acid can be excitotoxic and neurotoxic. Can you say MSG? Taken with meals.

39. Not really, I saw that reference and it does not provide proof of those claims. L-PGA can convert into glutamate but only at higher doses. The liver drug metadoxine mentioned in the Cardenosine thread has been given in doses providing grams of L-PGA per day with no glutamate toxicity issues observed, even in children with ADHD (for whom even higher doses L-PGA are used).

40. @haidut Ordered last night. Any reported effects on libido with this for yourself or others?

41. What about choline?

42. Well as far as body heat, I get really warm after a foot bath. It lasts a few days then I repeat. Is this version better than mgcl in terms of tissue saturation?

43. ordered

44. Do you think water would be almost just as adequate or would alcohol be necessary? Are you planning on adding alcohol to this or another version of it?

45. Mine is pretty high to start with so not much effect I can report, other than it does not lower it.

46. Water is probably also fine but alcohol sterilizes the skin and removes a lot of the sebum and other oils so it improves absorption even more.

47. Choline in what role? As a solvent or using a magnesium salt of choline?

48. In my experience, yes, and greatly so. With Mg Cl many studies did not even find measurable penetration of any magnesium through the skin so the jury is still our if Mg Cl even absorbs through skin a water solution. This one certainly seems to absorb and the effects can be felt within minutes. Not even comparable to the Mg Cl oil I have bought from VitaminShoppe.

49. I just rubbed a dose on my belly, and it's exactly as you described—viscous and sticky for a good 20 minutes before finally drying and becoming undetectable. Definitely not something you can rub in and then get dressed 5 minutes later. I did have a little bit of irritation that passed quickly--nothing like the irritation I get from regular mag oil or DMSO (I'd say it felt more like mag oil irritation than DMSO irritation)—not a big deal. After maybe 45 minutes I'm noticing that I feel rather calm and that my gut is slightly less unhappy (I've been having my first "IBS" flare in 6 months). Also I noticed that my facial skin is quite pink and feels warm to the touch. Because of my recent IBS + insomnia (they generally go together) I'm thinking about doing another dose before bed to see what happens.

ETA: it's about an hour later, and my temp is 99, which hasn't happened in a while.

50. Applied a full dose around the neck area, and it dried after 15-20min.

I'll post about the effects after a few more applications, but I wanted to note some irritation after first application. My neck area is visibly red where I applied the product, and has been now for a few hours after cleaning the area.

I should also note that I had a pronounced reaction to an early version of Kuinone w/DMSO which actually looked like a burn on my wrist for a week, but have had no issues since with DMSO or non-DMSO versions since.

I'll try to spread it out more next time to see if that helps.

51. As a low-irritation carrier. As an alternative to DMSO. Not sure what you could use as a solvent for the Mg L-pidolate though. Maybe a different form of magnesium?
    These quotes from your mitolipin post:

52. wow! I ought to try it.

53. I saw with interest the reference about magnesium pidolate relieving seasonal allergy. Hats off as usual to @haidut for investigation. I have not found the original article, and viewed only the abstract. A large amount (1.5 grams, three times per day) was used. No related follow-up articles come up on searching. Lack of further study is disappointing, since seasonal allergy is widespread, and since commonly used nasal corticosteroids are not risk-free.

There has been research about magnesium sulfate, IV or inhaled in treating asthma, but effectiveness reports have been mixed.

Inhaled magnesium sulfate in the treatment of acute asthma in children. - PubMed - NCBI
    “Treatment with nebulised magnesium sulfate is likely to be safe and may result in modest additional benefits for children when added to inhaled salbutamol and ipratropium bromide; however, our confidence in the evidence is low and there remains substantial uncertainty. Evidence from one large trial suggests children with a more severe exacerbation or shorter duration of symptoms may experience a greater benefit….

With pollen season arriving in the northern hemisphere, Magnoil user experience reports would be welcome.

Magnesium pidolate in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Preliminary data. - PubMed - NCBI

54. Would this be protective of the heart/cardiovascular system when stimulants are used? Perhaps apply it directly on the chest over the heart?

55. Update: applied full dose to to my stomach area with no redness or irritation. Probably due to being spread over a larger area than before.:thumbsup:

56. Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.
    I have used up to 3 doses of 20 drops each daily and the pro-metabolic effects continue increasing but at 3 doses daily the sedation starts to kick in. So, for most people 1-2 daily doses may be all that is needed. I also get a bit of skin redness but it passes quickly, within 30min, and it is nothing like the irritation from previous DMSO/ethanol versions we had where the skin would peel. This time it is just slightly red, no itchiness, and disappears within 30min after application. Also, irritation seems to be dependent on where it is applied. Applied to shoulders or chest I get no irritation, while applying to arms gives a little redness.

57. Thanks. I agree, it is unfortunate that no other studies have been done and no mechanism of action proposed. If allergies are due to lowered metabolism then it would make sense for magnesium to help given its pro-thyroid effects, but I would like to see that investigated more formally. If you find anything else published please post.

58. Excellent, glad to hear it! See my response to another comment above. Irritation seems to be dependent on body area of application. When I apply to shoulders or chest I get no irritation and only a small patch of redness when applied to the arms. Even that redness disappears within 30min and there is no skin peeling or itching.

59. Yes, as a carrier it would be great but the main issue is solvent. I am testing a few other magnesium salts with different solvents and if I find something that dissolved well in say SFA or ethanol, I will add that as an order option for Magnoil.

60. I'm not a chemist but I just thought that, since the Mg L-p wouldn't dissolve in SFA or ethanol - pretty much a deal killer - maybe there was a chance that a substance that could dissolve it would also be able to work with the choline. Anyway, a nice ivory-tower theory...:wacky:

61. Choline would dissolve well in SFA/ethanol so the "battle" now is to find a magnesium salt that dissolves well in those solvents.

62. When you say you found a combination that appears to "work well", you mean you looked at those blood and tissue biomarkers of Mg stores with improved numbers over those tested by the studies with MgCl2? May you reference those numbers?

Why not a nanoemulsion?

63. What is a good magnesium test to get, and what level is considered optimal?

64. I looked at the studies with Mg Cl and used it on myself as well. It did not raise blood or tissue magnesium levels. I also tested it on myself and 3 other people. None of them got warm, relaxed, sleepy or had improved bowel movements which would be typical signs of higher magnesium levels. Magnoil had effects on all of these and the last one is a pretty objective marker of magnesium getting absorbed. If you want, try 2-3 doses of Magnoil in a single day and you will see how it changes your BM. As a comparison try the same amount of magnesium from the Mg Cl products sold as sprays.

65. Regular blood tests for magnesium are probably not very reliable as magnesium is an intracellular element and should not be in the blood in high amounts. RBC magnesium is a better marker and I think @Dan Wich has some providers on his website that offer it.

66. I meant to be specific on the question, setting the "feelings/perceptions" aside for another talk. I meant numbers, same as those you used from the studies with MgCl2 as reference. You say you checked yourself blood and tissue levels before-after with MgCl2, right?. The question is: did you do the same with the Magnoil solution? if so, what numbers did you obtain?

Thanks.

67. Here's my section for RBC, although I need to add Ulta as an option because their prices are even cheaper ($29 + $8 for the draw).

There's also a section on epithelial cell testing for anyone willing to hunt down a doctor for the prescription, but it's $300+.

68. How about 10 drops? Is that effective as well ?

69. To that previous question, I'd want to add this:

- Did you use in both tests the same amount of elemental Mg by weight? how much this was?
    - Did you use DMSO with the MgCl2 as well?

70. I don't know if less is more with Magnoil, but I tried the most drops yesterday in one application, 10 drops, yesterday morning, but it wiped me out. Not from being overly sleepy, but from having zero energy throughout the whole day. I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction.

71. I tried last night and it still made me calm and sleepy, so I guess even a lower dose has an effect.

72. No, I meant I tested Mg Cl on myself and other and nobody got increased BM or higher Mg blood levels on blood tests. Granted, the latter is probably not a good biomarker as I mentioned earlier, so an RBC test needs to be done. Magnoil did cause rather rapid change in BM, but RBC tests have not been done yet.

73. Maybe somebody could ask Peat if hair/nail testing is accurate for assessing magnesium. I remember somebody asked him about hair analysis as per gbol references and he said nails would be much better. Assuming nails are better, do you know of any provider that would nail tests? Maybe the hair analysis providers do nails as well??

74. Between all the forms you tried, was Magnesium Acetyltaurinate considered among them. I say it because some argued against dmso and mag pidolate isn't oil soluble but acetyltaurinate is.

75. Over on gbolds forum, the members (myself included) have been doing hair tests. Many people have gotten better since treating these mineral imbalances, with magnesium and calcium being the major two. So I would not discount hair tissue mineral analyses.

76. I've never found a US one, but here's some other countries:
    • German lab, ~111€/$135. As far as I can tell, they're open to other countries.
    • Vietnamese company that I think might be reselling the lab above. I don't know the price.
    • UK company that works with Europe and the Middle East, ~£149.00. They don't list the minerals tested, but there's 26 of them, so I figure magnesium's probably included.

77. Great, thanks! I might try the German or UK one if they agree to accept samples from USA.