deeper

Jesus, didn't realize how powerful the laxative effects are! Good thing I'm not at work today :O

SuperStressed

Applied 10 drops on each inner arm and rubbed together

30 minutes later no desired calming effect. Im yet to experience a supplement "working" in my extreme sympathetic state.

I will continue with it though as my hair analysis shows I am severely low in Magnesium. Two tests showed 4.4 and 13 (after more nutritious food) and the range is 30-120.

cjm

@haidut

Have you lowered the amount of DMSO in this recently?

I just got a new bottle after a few months and it doesn't smell quite as strong. My girlfriend has the nose of a hound and could smell a single DMSO molecule in a cat 5 tornado while making sure to let me know I smelled weird.

This is an amazing supplement, though... the calming, warming effects are almost instantaneous.

Mito

This has put me off buying magnoil @haidut do you have any thoughts on the study?
Not really, I saw that reference and it does not provide proof of those claims. L-PGA can convert into glutamate but only at higher doses. The liver drug metadoxine mentioned in the Cardenosine thread has been given in doses providing grams of L-PGA per day with no glutamate toxicity issues observed, even in children with ADHD (for whom even higher doses L-PGA are used).

Jayvee

Anyone else have poor sleep from this? I’m sure this is the only supplement/change I’ve added and now my sleep has been bad. I’m doing 20 drops topically.

Since DMSO is such a powerful solvent, does it also dissolve the plastic from this bottle into the solution?

Locutus

Hello All/ @haidut
I tried 35 drops orally at night... I'm constipated lately... I'm good to keep upping the dose 5 drops per week until it makes me poopy?
Water soluble no?
When I see DMSO as the solvent does that mean better to use this on the skin or doesn't really matter/depends... I want it to move bowels so, oral right?

Vajra

Is the DMSO 99.9% or is there anything like distilled water? It smells not unpleasant, there's no garlicy/sulfuric taste in my mouth or anything, as I've heard about in reports with DMSO - and if I don't rub it in, there's no burning - but even if, it's not too bad. I wonder how much of this is in fact thanks to L-PGA, because maybe it could be a nice addition to some DMSO-based formulations.

Last edited:

MichaelY

Haidut, don't stop making this supplement. The calmness and muscle tension released from this is amazing. The way a mag supp should feel.

Mauritio

Decrease in those, yes. It should be visible on the next Danny Roddy podcast.

Did this further improve? In the recent podcasts it doesnt look like it ... but I'm sure there's more to graying hair than magnesium.
Ray has a chapter on that in "generative energy" ,talking a lot about copper.
Makes me wonder what connection copper and magnesium have...

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Is it possible this supplement could worsen sleep in people who are not deficient in magnesium? I am asking this because I noticed it takes much longer for me to fall asleep if I take this product about an hour before sleep and my partner noticed the same. You have written in Cardenosine thread that "L-PGA facilitates ATP synthesis bystimulating de novo synthesis of purines." Could it be that stimulating effect of L-PGA outweights the sedating effect of magnessium??

It is certainly possible, as L-PGA is also dopaminergic and such a chemical would be expected to interfere with sleep.
I have been using Magnoil everyday for 4 years now. Most recently I used 3-6 drops every evening on my abdomen or back. I have had insomnia for some time where I would sleep great for 4-5 hours, be awake for 2 and maybe get a little more sleep before having to get up. I wonder if the insomnia is caused by the L-PGA.

I didn't use it for two days and slept well for two nights. Then I had a lot of pain in my hips and thighs so on the second day I used some more Magnoil that relieved the pain but that night the insomnia returned. Today I used MgCl topically on my hips and thighs and so far so good. I will give the Magnoil a break to see if I can sleep better consistently.

ddjd

However, the only commercially viable product that I have seen so far uses a concentrated magnesium chloride (Mg-Cl) solution (in water). Not only is that solution irritating to the skin but several studies that looked at blood and tissue biomarkers of Mg stores claimed that very little (if anything) gets absorbed from that product
Magnesium chloride is fricking incredible in its absorbability

Mauritio

I've been travelling for 2 months and out of all the supplements I brought, Magnoil is by far my favorite. It helps to speed up transit time, calms me down and helps me fall asleep. Very reliably.
Second place is probably vitamin D.

ddjd

A ton. I describe this in the original thread. I would have used magnesium chloride (since it is so much cheaper and easier to find) if the effects were similar. The chloride salt does not dissolve in DMSO.
Haidut do you know of any reason why topical magnesium chloride seems to be causing me bone and joint issues. I can tell that I'm absorbing the magnesium extremely well but I've noticed bone issues developing. Could it be something to do with the chloride element?