Momado965

A ton. I describe this in the original thread. I would have used magnesium chloride (since it is so much cheaper and easier to find) if the effects were similar. The chloride salt does not dissolve in DMSO.

Well as far as body heat, I get really warm after a foot bath. It lasts a few days then I repeat. Is this version better than mgcl in terms of tissue saturation?

Obi-wan

ordered

Lee Simeon

Probably not a bad idea for anything that is to be applied topically. I clean mine with some rubbing alcohol before application.
Do you think water would be almost just as adequate or would alcohol be necessary? Are you planning on adding alcohol to this or another version of it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Ordered last night. Any reported effects on libido with this for yourself or others?

Mine is pretty high to start with so not much effect I can report, other than it does not lower it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think water would be almost just as adequate or would alcohol be necessary? Are you planning on adding alcohol to this or another version of it?

Water is probably also fine but alcohol sterilizes the skin and removes a lot of the sebum and other oils so it improves absorption even more.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Well as far as body heat, I get really warm after a foot bath. It lasts a few days then I repeat. Is this version better than mgcl in terms of tissue saturation?

In my experience, yes, and greatly so. With Mg Cl many studies did not even find measurable penetration of any magnesium through the skin so the jury is still our if Mg Cl even absorbs through skin a water solution. This one certainly seems to absorb and the effects can be felt within minutes. Not even comparable to the Mg Cl oil I have bought from VitaminShoppe.

denise

I just rubbed a dose on my belly, and it's exactly as you described—viscous and sticky for a good 20 minutes before finally drying and becoming undetectable. Definitely not something you can rub in and then get dressed 5 minutes later. I did have a little bit of irritation that passed quickly--nothing like the irritation I get from regular mag oil or DMSO (I'd say it felt more like mag oil irritation than DMSO irritation)—not a big deal. After maybe 45 minutes I'm noticing that I feel rather calm and that my gut is slightly less unhappy (I've been having my first "IBS" flare in 6 months). Also I noticed that my facial skin is quite pink and feels warm to the touch. Because of my recent IBS + insomnia (they generally go together) I'm thinking about doing another dose before bed to see what happens.

ETA: it's about an hour later, and my temp is 99, which hasn't happened in a while.

Last edited:

theLaw

Applied a full dose around the neck area, and it dried after 15-20min.

I'll post about the effects after a few more applications, but I wanted to note some irritation after first application. My neck area is visibly red where I applied the product, and has been now for a few hours after cleaning the area.

I should also note that I had a pronounced reaction to an early version of Kuinone w/DMSO which actually looked like a burn on my wrist for a week, but have had no issues since with DMSO or non-DMSO versions since.

I'll try to spread it out more next time to see if that helps.

shepherdgirl

Choline in what role? As a solvent or using a magnesium salt of choline?
As a low-irritation carrier. As an alternative to DMSO. Not sure what you could use as a solvent for the Mg L-pidolate though. Maybe a different form of magnesium?
These quotes from your mitolipin post:
I would like note that apparent ability of saturated PC to enhance topical absorption of virtually any substance dissolved in it, which is very similar to the properties of DMSO.
Choline carries substances very well through the cytosol and into the mitochondria. As such, quite a few drugs sold on the market use choline as carrier to increase cellular absorption.

Momado965

In my experience, yes, and greatly so. With Mg Cl many studies did not even find measurable penetration of any magnesium through the skin so the jury is still our if Mg Cl even absorbs through skin a water solution. This one certainly seems to absorb and the effects can be felt within minutes. Not even comparable to the Mg Cl oil I have bought from VitaminShoppe.

wow! I ought to try it.

aguilaroja

As many forum users know, magnesium (Mg) is one of the most important minerals for proper metabolic function. It is a required cofactor for hundreds of metabolic enzymes, including the crucial mitochondrial enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), ATP synthesis, and ATP transport in the bloodstream (as a Mg-ATP complex). In addition, Mg plays an important role in various signalling mechanisms within the nervous system including GABA, NMDA, HPA, calcium channels, and so on. ..
Our informal tests show that within a few minutes after application the typical effects of increased magnesium levels are observed - i.e. increased temps, pink color of previously pale/blue skin, calmness, anxiolytic effect, and even sedation when higher dose are used.

I saw with interest the reference about magnesium pidolate relieving seasonal allergy. Hats off as usual to @haidut for investigation. I have not found the original article, and viewed only the abstract. A large amount (1.5 grams, three times per day) was used. No related follow-up articles come up on searching. Lack of further study is disappointing, since seasonal allergy is widespread, and since commonly used nasal corticosteroids are not risk-free.

There has been research about magnesium sulfate, IV or inhaled in treating asthma, but effectiveness reports have been mixed.

Inhaled magnesium sulfate in the treatment of acute asthma in children. - PubMed - NCBI
“Treatment with nebulised magnesium sulfate is likely to be safe and may result in modest additional benefits for children when added to inhaled salbutamol and ipratropium bromide; however, our confidence in the evidence is low and there remains substantial uncertainty. Evidence from one large trial suggests children with a more severe exacerbation or shorter duration of symptoms may experience a greater benefit….

With pollen season arriving in the northern hemisphere, Magnoil user experience reports would be welcome.

Magnesium pidolate in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Preliminary data. - PubMed - NCBI

Fractality

Would this be protective of the heart/cardiovascular system when stimulants are used? Perhaps apply it directly on the chest over the heart?

theLaw

Applied a full dose around the neck area, and it dried after 15-20min.

I'll post about the effects after a few more applications, but I wanted to note some irritation after first application. My neck area is visibly red where I applied the product, and has been now for a few hours after cleaning the area.

I should also note that I had a pronounced reaction to an early version of Kuinone w/DMSO which actually looked like a burn on my wrist for a week, but have had no issues since with DMSO or non-DMSO versions since.

I'll try to spread it out more next time to see if that helps.

Update: applied full dose to to my stomach area with no redness or irritation. Probably due to being spread over a larger area than before.:thumbsup:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just rubbed a dose on my belly, and it's exactly as you described—viscous and sticky for a good 20 minutes before finally drying and becoming undetectable. Definitely not something you can rub in and then get dressed 5 minutes later. I did have a little bit of irritation that passed quickly--nothing like the irritation I get from regular mag oil or DMSO (I'd say it felt more like mag oil irritation than DMSO irritation)—not a big deal. After maybe 45 minutes I'm noticing that I feel rather calm and that my gut is slightly less unhappy (I've been having my first "IBS" flare in 6 months). Also I noticed that my facial skin is quite pink and feels warm to the touch. Because of my recent IBS + insomnia (they generally go together) I'm thinking about doing another dose before bed to see what happens.

ETA: it's about an hour later, and my temp is 99, which hasn't happened in a while.

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.
I have used up to 3 doses of 20 drops each daily and the pro-metabolic effects continue increasing but at 3 doses daily the sedation starts to kick in. So, for most people 1-2 daily doses may be all that is needed. I also get a bit of skin redness but it passes quickly, within 30min, and it is nothing like the irritation from previous DMSO/ethanol versions we had where the skin would peel. This time it is just slightly red, no itchiness, and disappears within 30min after application. Also, irritation seems to be dependent on where it is applied. Applied to shoulders or chest I get no irritation, while applying to arms gives a little redness.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I saw with interest the reference about magnesium pidolate relieving seasonal allergy. Hats off as usual to @haidut for investigation. I have not found the original article, and viewed only the abstract. A large amount (1.5 grams, three times per day) was used. No related follow-up articles come up on searching. Lack of further study is disappointing, since seasonal allergy is widespread, and since commonly used nasal corticosteroids are not risk-free.

There has been research about magnesium sulfate, IV or inhaled in treating asthma, but effectiveness reports have been mixed.

Inhaled magnesium sulfate in the treatment of acute asthma in children. - PubMed - NCBI
“Treatment with nebulised magnesium sulfate is likely to be safe and may result in modest additional benefits for children when added to inhaled salbutamol and ipratropium bromide; however, our confidence in the evidence is low and there remains substantial uncertainty. Evidence from one large trial suggests children with a more severe exacerbation or shorter duration of symptoms may experience a greater benefit….

With pollen season arriving in the northern hemisphere, Magnoil user experience reports would be welcome.

Magnesium pidolate in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Preliminary data. - PubMed - NCBI

Thanks. I agree, it is unfortunate that no other studies have been done and no mechanism of action proposed. If allergies are due to lowered metabolism then it would make sense for magnesium to help given its pro-thyroid effects, but I would like to see that investigated more formally. If you find anything else published please post.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update: applied full dose to to my stomach area with no redness or irritation. Probably due to being spread over a larger area than before.:thumbsup:

Excellent, glad to hear it! See my response to another comment above. Irritation seems to be dependent on body area of application. When I apply to shoulders or chest I get no irritation and only a small patch of redness when applied to the arms. Even that redness disappears within 30min and there is no skin peeling or itching.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As a low-irritation carrier. As an alternative to DMSO. Not sure what you could use as a solvent for the Mg L-pidolate though. Maybe a different form of magnesium?
These quotes from your mitolipin post:

Yes, as a carrier it would be great but the main issue is solvent. I am testing a few other magnesium salts with different solvents and if I find something that dissolved well in say SFA or ethanol, I will add that as an order option for Magnoil.

shepherdgirl

Yes, as a carrier it would be great but the main issue is solvent.
I'm not a chemist but I just thought that, since the Mg L-p wouldn't dissolve in SFA or ethanol - pretty much a deal killer - maybe there was a chance that a substance that could dissolve it would also be able to work with the choline. Anyway, a nice ivory-tower theory...:wacky: