RobertJM

Taking certain higher doses of this I am finding very dysphoric, but that then fades into an afterglow which is most definitely anti-depressant. It reminds me very much of taurine in that respect, and they both happen to be NMDA antagonists.

So the trick for me so far has not been overdoing this supplement. But that sorts of defeats the original object, which was to try and boost up levels.

Then again, magnesium is involved in hundreds of processes within the body (taurine has a fair few of its own), so who knows what's going on with my reaction anyway. Might not have anything to do with NMDA.

I took 40 drops the first day (morning and evening dose). The second day I woke up with one hell of a groggy hangover (from the mg), and then tried another evening dose. Day three, another hangover. Maybe the body adapts, or maybe I am just taking way too much. I might scale it back to ten drops at night, and take it much earlier into the late afternoon/early evening (to minimise hangover).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Taking certain higher doses of this I am finding very dysphoric, but that then fades into an afterglow which is most definitely anti-depressant. It reminds me very much of taurine in that respect, and they both happen to be NMDA antagonists.

So the trick for me so far has not been overdoing this supplement. But that sorts of defeats the original object, which was to try and boost up levels.

Then again, magnesium is involved in hundreds of processes within the body (taurine has a fair few of its own), so who knows what's going on with my reaction anyway. Might not have anything to do with NMDA.

I took 40 drops the first day (morning and evening dose). The second day I woke up with one hell of a groggy hangover (from the mg), and then tried another evening dose. Day three, another hangover. Maybe the body adapts, or maybe I am just taking way too much. I might scale it back to ten drops at night, and take it much earlier into the late afternoon/early evening (to minimise hangover).

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is actually VERY good news as it suggests (and just as I was hoping for) that the DMSO potentiates the magnesium update and effects so even a single daily dose would do. Some people wondered if the 20mg-30mg elemental Mg from the 20 drop dose is going to be enough (@unexamined_whimsy) but as @Koveras said - bioavailability is everything. Peat wrote recommended 100mg Mg Cl in his Nutrition for Women book as sufficient dose. Of those 100mg MgCl probably about 20mg-30mg are absorbed and I don't even know how much is retained. So, absorption and cellular retention is key and DMSO is known to excel in boosting both. For people who are not Mg deficient I suspect even 10 drops daily would be enough. This will also make the bottle last much longer.
My experience with taurine has been very similar - doses of 1g-2g daily works well but anything higher makes me groggy and tired the next day (if taken before bed).
Anyways, thanks again and please keep us posted.

Last edited:

ubiety

I've been taking Magnoil for a little over a week now; a full dose divided between early a.m. and early evening and have experienced the following effects:
- improved glucose control. It has eliminated the reactive hypoglycemia I almost always experience after lunch and dinner.
- no more stiff legs. Over the past 10 months or so I've had constant really stiff legs, mostly around the hamstring area and sometimes my thighs too. I've tried Mag chloride spray, which helped some near the surface but not deep into the legs, and Magnoil has completely eliminated all stiffness. I can do leg stretches much more easily now.
- less thirst. Sometimes my thirst is insatiable, but since starting Magnoil I don't feel the need to drink nearly as much water.

I've not had any negative effects so far, except maybe a little more sleepy in the evening.

I'm going to try reducing to 1/2 dose daily and see how things go with that.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Honestly, Magnesium Glycinate orally doesn’t mess my gut up. Neither does liquid Magnesium Chloride/Acetate, not does the Citrate. Maybe some type of acclimation to oral magnesium supplements is needed for most.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been taking Magnoil for a little over a week now; a full dose divided between early a.m. and early evening and have experienced the following effects:
- improved glucose control. It has eliminated the reactive hypoglycemia I almost always experience after lunch and dinner.
- no more stiff legs. Over the past 10 months or so I've had constant really stiff legs, mostly around the hamstring area and sometimes my thighs too. I've tried Mag chloride spray, which helped some near the surface but not deep into the legs, and Magnoil has completely eliminated all stiffness. I can do leg stretches much more easily now.
- less thirst. Sometimes my thirst is insatiable, but since starting Magnoil I don't feel the need to drink nearly as much water.

I've not had any negative effects so far, except maybe a little more sleepy in the evening.

I'm going to try reducing to 1/2 dose daily and see how things go with that.

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

Nick21

Honestly, Magnesium Glycinate orally doesn’t mess my gut up. Neither does liquid Magnesium Chloride/Acetate, not does the Citrate. Maybe some type of acclimation to oral magnesium supplements is needed for most.
Did you find the magoil upset the GI? I am considering trying this as I would like to eliminate my mag malate supplement. I think the progestin supplement I received works well at higher doses for me, like 6-10 drops. However, I need to engage in a longer trial.

Epistrophy

Just used 10 drops. 5 drops on each forearm.

There was no excessive burning that I have had before with the DMSO. Although when absorption sent it I started having red dots.

Then five minutes later I had a big urge to have a bowel movement. Absorption must be extremely rapid. For me at least 5 drops is an optimal dose. I would not do more than that at a time.

Terma

I looked at the studies with Mg Cl and used it on myself as well. It did not raise blood or tissue magnesium levels. I also tested it on myself and 3 other people. None of them got warm, relaxed, sleepy or had improved bowel movements which would be typical signs of higher magnesium levels. Magnoil had effects on all of these and the last one is a pretty objective marker of magnesium getting absorbed. If you want, try 2-3 doses of Magnoil in a single day and you will see how it changes your BM. As a comparison try the same amount of magnesium from the Mg Cl products sold as sprays.

Did you or those studies try the topical gel formulations?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Calm...D=21yzYT%2BWhOL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
This is made with Sclerotium gum (Amigel). It saved my life during serious drug withdrawals. I can't get the same effect from home made MgCl dissolved flakes in water, nor much from oral supps. (I skip this one due to dmso)

theLaw

do you have any feedback related to grey beard?

Yes. I was trying to give it a full month of testing before posting, but there is noticeably less grey in my beard now with direct application.

The only drawback is that the oil leaves a flaky residue in the beard which has to be washed out after. Still trying to find a good way to handle this.

cihans

Yes. I was trying to give it a full month of testing before posting, but there is noticeably less grey in my beard now with direct application.

The only drawback is that the oil leaves a flaky residue in the beard which has to be washed out after. Still trying to find a good way to handle this.

Wauw thats great news, I ordered mine for the same issue for white~grey beard. How many drops do you apply? Is this daily use or the other day?

theLaw

Wauw thats great news, I ordered mine for the same issue for white~grey beard. How many drops do you apply? Is this daily use or the other day?

Full dose (20 drops) every other day on beard, but definitely needs to be spread out or will cause redness.

Mossy

Thank you, I will start mine tomorrow and will give feedback too, keep in touch @theLaw
Good news about this helping with gray hair. I'll be watching this thread to see how this goes.

@theLaw
As for the redness, is this on the skin that surrounds the beard?

Last edited:

theLaw

Good news about this helping with gray hair. I'll be watching this thread to see how this goes.

@theLaw
As for the redness, is this on the skin that surrounds the beard?

No, I tried in on my neck first, but it caused some redness. For me, it really needs to be spread out as much as possible, so when I apply on my beard, it's spread out top-to-bottom - even overlapping onto my neck if necessary.

Mossy

No, I tried in on my neck first, but it caused some redness. For me, it really needs to be spread out as much as possible, so when I apply on my beard, it's spread out top-to-bottom - even overlapping onto my neck if necessary.
Ok, thanks. I had assumed that you were applying it directly to your beard, to effect the gray hairs. Is the effect systemic, when applied anywhere on the body, still effecting the gray? If I'm asking the obvious, I'm sorry, still learning.

theLaw

Ok, thanks. I had assumed that you were applying it directly to your beard, to effect that gray hairs. Is the effect systemic, when applied anywhere on the body, still effecting the gray? If I'm asking the obvious, I'm sorry, still learning.

I did apply to the beard, but the flaking is annoying, so other locations might be better.

I think that the dmso is pretty effective at increasing absorption, but I can't speak for the effect on gray hair if applied below the chest.

Mossy

I did apply to the beard, but the flaking is annoying, so other locations might be better.

I think that the dmso is pretty effective at increasing absorption, but I can't speak for the effect on gray hair if applied below the chest.
Ok, I appreciate the additional info.

tara

Maybe the hair analysis providers do nails as well??
This would be interesting for long term system imbalances. It takes months for fresh grown finger nail to grow from bed to clippable, though, so it'd a slow way to monitor supplement effects.

Pointless

So I've been experimenting with this off and on lately. I wanted to relate an experience I had yesterday. I upped my caffeine dose from 200 mg 2x/day to 400 mg 2x/day and had a bit of a caffeinism episode. I was getting insomnia, hearing voices, seeing things with eyes closed, restless legs, uneasy feeling. I wanted to know if this was adrenaline or electrolyte related so I applied 2 drops of magnoil to my torso, and I felt much better. I feel asleep within a few minutes.

Unfortunately, I do get some side effects from this, which is typical of magnesium supplementation for me.
Hemorrhoids
Fatigue, irritability, trouble getting up in the morning
Sore joints
Stools a little too loose for a day or two but a tolerance builds to this

Caffeine and T3 seem to balance these side effects out pretty well. It seems to be pretty dopaminergic and increases arousal especially upon waking. It also lowers my body temp for some reason, but my metabolism is not optimal right now because of thyroid resistance, so take that for what you will. I typically take 1-2 drops and that is enough for me to get effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals