Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Magnoil - Liquid Magnesium

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

When I have inflammation issues, i.e. back pain, shoulder, etc., I routinely apply Mg oil (magnesium chloride) then apply DMSO. Had read years ago that the DMSO helped the Mg oil to be absorbed, like it does for most anything else. Wondering if there is much of a difference between the chloride form and the pidolinate form? One is certainly more expensive than the other. I guess I will test it out, but I will have to notice a significant difference in order to convert over due to price point. Also, this question I am sure has already been answered, but is the DMSO pharma grade (I'm sure it probably is)?

2. unexamined_whimsy

unexamined_whimsy Member

According to the Wikipedia entry, Magnesium L-pidolate contains 8.664% Mg by weight. So 1 serving of Magnoil at 333mg would translate to 28.85 mg Mg. Isn't this a bit low @haidut ?

3. managing

managing Member

Does that require application to the grey hair area, or is it systemic?

4. Koveras

Koveras Member

Magnesium L-Pidolate = 8.664% Mg
    Magnesium Citrate = 11.23% Mg
    Magnesium Glycinate = 14.1% Mg
    Magnesium Taurate = 8.9% Mg

Pretty typical... Bioavailability is everything.

5. Momado965

Momado965 Member

How different is it from magnesium chloride?

6. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

Nice Haidut! I am ordering

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

In my experience - yes. I have also tried the Magnesium chloride + DMSO method and is effects (on me at least) pale in comparison to the Magnoil.

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The dose does not come nearly as close as the on in Magnoil. But we are trying that salt as well in the hopes that we can produce a version of Magnoil without DMSO.

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Probably not a bad idea for anything that is to be applied topically. I clean mine with some rubbing alcohol before application.

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I use thyroid only occasionally but I will try it the next time I take thyroid and report.

11. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It was a typo as @Bobber Anderson pointed out. Thanks for the heads up.

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

There is the cost of bottles, shipping materials, bottle labels, envelope labels, ziplock bags, insurance, office space, fees for equipment and renting a space licensed to bottle cosmetic ingredients, and of course labor for bottling, packaging, shipping, and dealing with returns/lost/stolen items, etc. The supplement business for small-time outfits like ours is not high. Only the big companies like VitaminShoppe, Walmart, target, etc can afford to scale things in a way to achieve the margin you mentioned. Btw, how did you come up with 1400%?

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

There is a big difference. DMSO helps absorption the most when it is the actual solvent. The magnesium oil sold as spray by other vendors contains magnesium chloride which does not really dissolve in DMSO. So, adding DMSO on top of it likely does not do much for absorption, at least not nearly as much as it does when it is the actual solvent. I explain this in the original thread.

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Not if all of it is absorbed and retained. Also, just like for steroids, DMSO seems to potentiate the effects of this mineral. I would not call it a 10x magnifying effect as it is say for DHEA but it does feel a lot more potent then an oral dose of magnesium that is supposed to achieve the same amount (~30mg) absorption. Only way to compare is to try it out so I am sure we will have some user reports soon.

15. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Probably helps more if it is applied closer to the grey hairs.

16. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

A ton. I describe this in the original thread. I would have used magnesium chloride (since it is so much cheaper and easier to find) if the effects were similar. The chloride salt does not dissolve in DMSO.

17. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Indeed, I was referring to just the material and none of your other expenses. I used the Sigma Aldrich magnesium L-pidolate 500 grams for $99.50.

18. Mito

Mito Member

Is there a potential for magnesium L-pidolate to increase free glutamic acid?

This website (https://fixyourgut.com/magnesium-most-overlooked-mineral-for-improving-health-2/) raised that concern, however they did not provide a reference for the claim.
    • Magnesium pidolate – Absorption is DEFINITELY not worth the extra free glutamic acid. Too much, free glutamic acid can be excitotoxic and neurotoxic. Can you say MSG? Taken with meals.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Not really, I saw that reference and it does not provide proof of those claims. L-PGA can convert into glutamate but only at higher doses. The liver drug metadoxine mentioned in the Cardenosine thread has been given in doses providing grams of L-PGA per day with no glutamate toxicity issues observed, even in children with ADHD (for whom even higher doses L-PGA are used).

20. Dhair

Dhair Member

@haidut Ordered last night. Any reported effects on libido with this for yourself or others?