OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
do you see any absorption problems with magnoil with progest e?

They should not be mixed. Magnoil is DMSO-based while Progest-E is tocopherol/oil based and the two do not mix. You can apply them at the same time but to different skin areas.

A. squamosa

I don't have the time to go through all 14 pages of this thread, so apologies if these qs have been covered already:

1) are people typically ingesting this or applying it topically?
2) if ingesting, what is a good food to have with this?
3) if applying topically, is there an advisable concurrent time of day/food consumption?
4) best kept in the fridge or doesn't matter?

Asking these qs because I just got my Magnoil and want to deploy it well!

Arrade

I don't have the time to go through all 14 pages of this thread, so apologies if these qs have been covered already:

1) are people typically ingesting this or applying it topically?
2) if ingesting, what is a good food to have with this?
3) if applying topically, is there an advisable concurrent time of day/food consumption?
4) best kept in the fridge or doesn't matter?

Asking these qs because I just got my Magnoil and want to deploy it well!
Topical, on the limbs, at night as it relaxes you.
Idk about his but mine at room temp

hmac

I just received my Magnoil and chose to apply it to the area on the inside of my left knee, which has some spider veins due to growing too fast.

-I used 12 drops, and noticed a sedative effect pretty quickly. I do feel slightly groggy.
-I wondered if the magnesium part of the solution was completely absorbing because, in spite of tasting DMSO within a minute, there was a sticky patch on my leg for about 45 minutes. This has all but disappeared now, however.
-The most interesting thing, is that the spider veins have decreased in prominence by probably 50%. Magnesium can improve progesterone levels, so this is to be expected, but I also found this study Effect of magnesium on vascular tone and reactivity in pressurized mesenteric resistance arteries from spontaneously hypertensive rats. - PubMed - NCBI, which shows an improvement in vascular tonicity with a magnesium perfusion.
-I use HTMA to assess magnesium levels, I think it's good enough, so hopefully this will have an effect.

hmac

Thanks ImprovingDaily. Good to know.

I don't feel anything but my calves are constantly mildly twitching and I'm wondering if this is indicating low magnesium. Magnesium oil hasn't made any difference.
This can also be potassium deficiency. Try getting some potassium bicarbonate and disolving a 1/4-1/2 tsp in ACV or ascorbic acid. Have it with a meal to slow absorption.

Endew

I started using this before work. Makes me feel calm, confident, and dealing with people is much easier

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just received my Magnoil and chose to apply it to the area on the inside of my left knee, which has some spider veins due to growing too fast.

-I used 12 drops, and noticed a sedative effect pretty quickly. I do feel slightly groggy.
-I wondered if the magnesium part of the solution was completely absorbing because, in spite of tasting DMSO within a minute, there was a sticky patch on my leg for about 45 minutes. This has all but disappeared now, however.
-The most interesting thing, is that the spider veins have decreased in prominence by probably 50%. Magnesium can improve progesterone levels, so this is to be expected, but I also found this study Effect of magnesium on vascular tone and reactivity in pressurized mesenteric resistance arteries from spontaneously hypertensive rats. - PubMed - NCBI, which shows an improvement in vascular tonicity with a magnesium perfusion.
-I use HTMA to assess magnesium levels, I think it's good enough, so hopefully this will have an effect.

Great, so glad it is helping! Thanks for sharing!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any update on the non-dsmo version?

Waiting on a vendor to send us some other salts that may dissolve much better in ethanol/SFA. It seems that getting anhydrous magnesium salts is a very tricky issue in the USA. Even large vendors like Sigma Aldrich do not carry them and have to get them through a partner. But we will get there, I definitely want to have a non-DMSO version too.

Risingfire

Waiting on a vendor to send us some other salts that may dissolve much better in ethanol/SFA. It seems that getting anhydrous magnesium salts is a very tricky issue in the USA. Even large vendors like Sigma Aldrich do not carry them and have to get them through a partner. But we will get there, I definitely want to have a non-DMSO version too.
Awesome, thanks for the tireless searching. I like this product but distain the dsmo. This and 6-keto P4 are awesome!