Magnesium & potassium rich diet for lazy people

Motif

If you have to recommend food or even a diet plan like this - how would it look like ?

RealNeat

Maple syrup and Molasses. Using iron binders to prevent too much iron intake from molasses (milk/ coffee). And dates are a staple for me that meet that criteria as well.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Milk and cocoa powder smoothies basically for me. :)

OP
M

Motif

But this stuff has only a pretty small amount when you don’t eat / drink masses of it?

hei

You'll get lots of potassium from milk and fruits/juice but the best sources of magnesium seem to be grains and perhaps legumes. Peat foods aren't high in Mg at all.

Frankdee20

Magnesium is abundant in Almonds, Black Beans, Buckwheat (not sure it’s really a grain), spinach and Halibut, dark unprocessed cacao powder....

RealNeat

Magnesium is abundant in Almonds, Black Beans, Buckwheat (not sure it’s really a grain), spinach and Halibut, dark unprocessed cacao powder....
bio availability seems to be an issue with most of those if not fermented, sprouted or at least soaked. This is why traditional peoples used to go to weird lengths to process their famine foods, like grains and beans. Ray talks about treating corn with calcium hydroxide/ lime to liberate vitamins and make it easier to digest.

Momado965

bio availability seems to be an issue with most of those if not fermented, sprouted or at least soaked. This is why traditional peoples used to go to weird lengths to process their famine foods, like grains and beans. Ray talks about treating corn with calcium hydroxide/ lime to liberate vitamins and make it easier to digest.

Wow! Where can I find more info about that?

David90

If you have to recommend food or even a diet plan like this - how would it look like ?
-Magnesium Chloride Spray (undiluted), 50-100 Spray Pumps before bed.

-Orange Juice or Oranges

-Milk (with Cocoa Powder) (As Mentioned)

-Kiwifruit

- Dates (As Mentioned)

-Spinach

-Sweet Potatoes

-White Potatoes

-Coconut Water

-Dried Apricots

-Pomegranate(-Juice)

-White Button Mushrooms

-Tomatoes (?)

-Cantaloupe Melon

-Honeydew Melon

-Guavas

-Dried Bananas

-Dried Prunes

schultz

1 litre of coconut water will give you...

240mg Magnesium
2,400mg Potassium

Lattes are good sources too, or just milk and orange juice. A Starbucks Venti Latte has a 1/4 of the RDA for magnesium.

You said lazy sources so I didn't list things you'd have to cook.

cjm

1 litre of coconut water will give you...

240mg Magnesium
2,400mg Potassium

Lattes are good sources too, or just milk and orange juice. A Starbucks Venti Latte has a 1/4 of the RDA for magnesium.

You said lazy sources so I didn't list things you'd have to cook.

Dang, didn't realize how stacked coconut water was. Puts orange juice to shame but OJ has so much other good stuff.

Here's a liter of orange juice (4 cups) from a Mg/K perspective for comparison:

1610726964627.png

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

I wonder if the heated coconut water still has this amount ? I have to say I never felt the effect that potassium supplements have on me from coconut water

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals