Magnesium oxide causing joints to crack!

June

My main reason for taking Magnesium oxide every other day is for constipation. It has been incredibly helpful in that regard but it is making every joint in my body crack! This is freaky. I pop and lock with every movement. Am I too low in Calcium? Vitamin D?

P

Peatness

My main reason for taking Magnesium oxide every other day is for constipation. It has been incredibly helpful in that regard but it is making every joint in my body crack! This is freaky. I pop and lock with every movement. Am I too low in Calcium? Vitamin D?
It's plausible that you may be dehydrated. Magnesium oxide can do that. If you are taking it with food it could also be effecting ph of stomach perhaps causing malabsorption?

OP
J

June

It's plausible that you may be dehydrated. Magnesium oxide can do that. If you are taking it with food it could also be effecting ph of stomach perhaps causing malabsorption?
Thanks for the reply! Doubt I'm dehydrated. I take it with 3 glasses of water. I drink herbal tea throughout day along with water. I did worry about my stomach ph but I take on an empty stomach upon waking. I do not eat dairy, so I'm not sure if my calcium is sufficient. But even if it were calcium, would Magnesium cause problems this early on? Been taking for about a month.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I am not sure how well MgO2 is absorbed. Here is an article:

I was using magnesium biglycinate, which has a valence ratio of 2:1, and I experienced slightly elevated arrhythmia from it. I just bought magnesium citrate, which has a valence ratio of 2:3 and will be better with regard to the Zeta Potential of the blood. See Thomas M. Riddick in this regard.

Oxides are not well absorbed according to this journal article and it probably reacts with the stomach acid by forming MgCl2, which also has a valence ratio of 2:1, and may negatively affect the Zeta Potential of the blood

Then magnesium supposedly balances magnesium but vitamin K2 is also needed for that.

Maybe someone else can shed more light into this. The affect on the Zeta Potential may be unrelated to the joint issue? You could try taking Zeta Aid, which I am taking every day.

A lower Zeta Potential leads to weaker colloidal suspensions. But how that would affect joints, I have no idea. Inside the joints there is a liquid film, maybe it is also affected by the Zeta Potential?

P

Peatness

Thanks for the reply! Doubt I'm dehydrated. I take it with 3 glasses of water. I drink herbal tea throughout day along with water. I did worry about my stomach ph but I take on an empty stomach upon waking. I do not eat dairy, so I'm not sure if my calcium is sufficient. But even if it were calcium, would Magnesium cause problems this early on? Been taking for about a month.
It's difficult to know. I would suggest stopping the oxide for a week or so

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals