Magnesium Malate VS Malic Acid: The Debate!

TreasureVibe

okay gentlemen and gals I need clarity on this subject. I have learned that malic acid is great for chelating aluminum if you know what you're doing. I am not a biochemical expert however and I need someone that can clear this up.

Would magnesium malate be equally effective as malic acid when taken for chelation, or less effective due to the fact it is bound already to magnesium. ALSO, when taken malic acid alone, would it bind to magnesium and other vital minerals in the blood stream? Or wouldn't it do that?

I hope someone can finally clear this mystery up!!

Thank you.

achar45

Magnesium malate is a malic acid salt and doesn't have the same function. Malic acid can also have the double benefit of boosting stomach acid if taken with meals. I'm not a biochemist so I can't really explain why exactly but I've heard it from multiple sources. I buy mine here and they can probably explain it better if you shoot them an email Malic Acid Article

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Magnesium malate is a malic acid salt and doesn't have the same function. Malic acid can also have the double benefit of boosting stomach acid if taken with meals. I'm not a biochemist so I can't really explain why exactly but I've heard it from multiple sources. I buy mine here and they can probably explain it better if you shoot them an email Malic Acid Article
Thanks!

Btw I have used it for 3 days, each day 1 capsule but I have developed these awful headache that come and go, how could that be? The pain often occurs at 1 spot. Magnesium Threonate aleviated it.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Magnesium-Malate will dissociate and provide free Malic acid then, no need to use MA separately. Another good and peaty supplement is tri-creatine-malate

ddjd

Magnesium-Malate will dissociate and provide free Malic acid then, no need to use MA separately. Another good and peaty supplement is tri-creatine-malate
Interesting. I've been using magnesium malate for about a year now and I'd say is equally as effective as magnesium glycinate. Very happy with this powder from seeking health

Motif

How much should be taken for the stomach acid boosting effect ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals