Magnesium Intolerace

Sscobalt

What do you do when you cannot tolerate magnesium? I've been actively avoiding supplements in general, especially minerals, as they always make me feel worse. Usually rapid heartbeat, dark sunken eyes, and worsen brain fog. Advice please.

A few things about me:
I'm a 27 yr old male
Dealing with intermittent brain fog, fatigue, digestive issues
Went vegan for a while -horrible
Went carnivore for about 2 years - felt tired but clearer headed. Advocated it heavily for a while. It did help my gut for sure.
Now I'm on more of a peat style diet. I eat fruit, meat, coffee, salt, and am experimenting with dairy due to feeling super exhausted after workouts

I've only been on the diet for about 2 weeks, but theres been some benefit. I tolerate salt better, more hydrated, and clearer headed. However I do get blood sugar issues which I'm assuming may resolve as my body gets used to using insulin again. Not sure. I do feel I tolerate carbs better when I do a really intense heavy lifting session.

Usually when I eat I deal with some type of mental reaction of brain fog/fatigue for a few hours.

gately

If you were carnivore for a couple years without dairy, you probably have multiple deficiencies.

For starters, it sounds like your calcium intake has been really low for a while. My experience has been that I need calcium in place before ramping up magnesium, or else I feel much worse. I’d be curious how you‘d respond to eggshell or oyster shell.

OP
Sscobalt

Sscobalt

If you were carnivore for a couple years without dairy, you probably have multiple deficiencies.

For starters, it sounds like your calcium intake has been really low for a while. My experience has been that I need calcium in place before ramping up magnesium, or else I feel much worse. I’d be curious how you‘d respond to eggshell or oyster shell.

My blood calcium levels have always been in range. I've read that blood calcium is good for your calcium status while magnesium needs RBC. Maybe I should continue dairy? I'm planning on going to the farmers market today and they sell raw dairy there.

gately

My blood calcium levels have always been in range. I've read that blood calcium is good for your calcium status while magnesium needs RBC. Maybe I should continue dairy? I'm planning on going to the farmers market today and they sell raw dairy there.
I got Brucellosis from raw milk, and it was an extremely reputable source. Please be careful.

OP
Sscobalt

Sscobalt

I got Brucellosis from raw milk, and it was an extremely reputable source. Please be careful.
I've had plenty of raw milk in my life time. I've never been ill from it before. Theres definitely a risk, but theres a risk with almost anything

Maljam

I've had plenty of raw milk in my life time. I've never been ill from it before. Theres definitely a risk, but theres a risk with almost anything

I keep hearing more and more people getting nasty intestinal infections from drinking raw milk, one of them I know in real life actually came from their own cows they reared. They have had decades long IBS they said started with a case of "food poisoning" from a single batch of raw milk. IMO the benefits of raw milk are overrated compared to the potential risks involved, it's a fad.

Recoen

This has been discussed in a couple fb groups the answer always seems to be vitamin B1 is needed first.

lvysaur

Despite my tagline, I excreted a large white worm the first time I had raw milk. I'd only buy it if I were going to pasteurize it myself. Never drinking raw again.

OP
Sscobalt

Sscobalt

This has been discussed in a couple fb groups the answer always seems to be vitamin B1 is needed first.
I have mthfr so b vitamins always mess me up if taken in pill form. B1 is high in meat so I dont think I'm low in it.

OP
Sscobalt

Sscobalt

Despite my tagline, I excreted a large white worm the first time I had raw milk. I'd only buy it if I were going to pasteurize it myself. Never drinking raw again.
Excretion of the worm means it died if the head was attached. Meaning the milk could have killed it, but without testing its hard to tell.

ddjd

you have to take magnesium with b6 for it to properly absorb

Recoen

I have mthfr so b vitamins always mess me up if taken in pill form. B1 is high in meat so I dont think I'm low in it.
Have you tried topical, sublingual, and/or a suppository? Many find they have to start B vitamins individually and go low and slow. Also, many are finding they have subclincial beriberi even those on all meat, carnivore diets, and they need supraphysical doses to overcome it. Elliot Overton has some videos about this. Some find they need high biotin, or B3, or B6, or B2 with it too. Some do better with HCl, others benfo, and others the ttfd versions. So B1 is really a big personal experiment in its own right.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals