Magnesium: how to get the most out of it

baudoman

Looks good. You can take it as is, or mix it with carbonated water to make magnesium bicarbonate, which should have a slightly better absorption than Mg carbonate.
It seems to give a weird, nauseating feeling when I take it.. any idea what that could be? I tried taking less than 1/4 tsp and the effect is still there.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It seems to give a weird, nauseating feeling when I take it.. any idea what that could be? I tried taking less than 1/4 tsp and the effect is still there.
Perhaps you are sensitive to one of the ingredients or to an impurity.

chanlaw

Why is sodium and boron not included? They improve magnesium retention I heard. B1 an B6 I heard also important. Btw, Is it recommended to drink coffee 1 hour before magnesium dosing so thyroid is working so it retain the magnesium for you?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Why is sodium and boron not included? They improve magnesium retention I heard. B1 an B6 I heard also important. Btw, Is it recommended to drink coffee 1 hour before magnesium dosing so thyroid is working so it retain the magnesium for you?
Yes they are great. Thanks for bringing that up. Coffee doesn't really influence thyroid hormone absorption to any detrimental extent.

chanlaw

Yes they are great. Thanks for bringing that up. Coffee doesn't really influence thyroid hormone absorption to any detrimental extent.
Maybe its only me. Coffee lowers my adrenaline(by burning my fuel into co2 I think), which allows me to absorb n retain magnesium. otherwise I get diarrhea more easily