Magnesium Glycinate

Frankdee20

This stuff is strong, almost got into a car accident tonight. It's the Glycine component eliciting a profoundly foggy stoned feeling. It makes me too mellow, that I get really tentative and unfocused, even negative and depressed. Citrate, Oxide, chloride, don't do this to my mind. Can't take this during the day at all, makes me spacey and feel weird. No tummy upsets though, lol.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Even the Taurinate really brings me down.

johnsmith

I definitely got depressed shortly after I took my first 3 pills (300mg) at once, two weeks ago. But there was too many things going on to determine it was from the magnesium (I had stopped taking Pansterone for a week). I have been on 1 pill a day since. Many people on this forum say they can get enough magnesium from diet, you said up to 300mg a day if its glycinate. So I decided to go somewhere in the middle, and take 100mg a day. Maybe ill try taking it before bed instead.

And yea, I've definitely been negative lately too. I had to resort to plan B. Consecrated salt baths and spiritual cleansings, lol.

Last edited:

churchmouth

I take 250mg of Magnesium (2.5g magnesium bisglycinate NOW powder) regularly with water or orange juice. Besides the terrible taste it doesn't affect me mentally.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I definitely got depressed shortly after I took my first 3 pills (300mg) at once, two weeks ago. But there was too many things going on to determine it was from the magnesium (I had stopped taking Pansterone for a week). I have been on 1 pill a day since. Many people on this forum say they can get enough magnesium from diet, you said up to 300mg a day if its glycinate. So I decided to go somewhere in the middle, and take 100mg a day. Maybe ill try taking it before bed instead.

And yea, I've definitely been negative lately too. I had to resort to plan B. Consecrated salt baths and spiritual cleansings, lol.

See but, while it's certainly possible Magnesium alone can elicit downer depressive feelings, I honestly think it's the Glycinate component. I've taken citrate, Oxide, chloride, and I don't notice such strong blunting effects. Those relax my body more than my mind. Which is what I want.

churchmouth

Wouldn't you think if the magnesium is having any sort of effect (relax or negative), you are taking too much at once? It is afterall, a mineral contained in most foods.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Wouldn't you think if the magnesium is having any sort of effect (relax or negative), you are taking too much at once? It is afterall, a mineral contained in most foods.

This is another possible explanation, as perhaps I've reached a level where maybe I only need 100mg. I used to take 400 of chloride in one shot no problem. I'll scale back on the Glycinate. But I took equall amount of citrate other day without Haldol effects.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

This stuff cures psychotisicm, who needs that Haldol in my cabinet lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals