Magnesium Glycinate Vs Citrate

north

mg oxide makes your stuff go thru your intestine like the shinkansen trains in japan.
mg glycinate is a good choice if wanna absorb the mg.

Frankdee20

Citrate form is typically found in pharmacy as a saline laxative, so there is your answer.

Prosper

I don't know if it's the glycine or the magnesium, but I get noticeable, almost psychoactive effects from mg glycinate and none from citrate. Neutral stony feeling with relaxed focus.

Frankdee20

I don't know if it's the glycine or the magnesium, but I get noticeable, almost psychoactive effects from mg glycinate and none from citrate. Neutral stony feeling with relaxed focus.

Yeah Prosper, I'm inclined to agree with this. Just switched back to Glycinate from the chloride form. Chloride or Citrate really don't effect my mind/lower cognition that profoundly. Granted, they're relaxing to the muscles. I get very stoned, brain fog like, relaxed, and stupid from Glycinate. So I'm going to reserve it for night time use. Interestingly, I can tolerate upwards of 800 mg of the Chloride without ill effect. If I go past 2 capsules of Pure Encapsulations brand Glycinate during the day, it's a wrap. Might as well be on Haldol.

Frankdee20

Interestingly, I get almost the same level of "downer" from the Taurate form. They're pretty damn strong, lol.

serling78

I hadn't thought of this before, but I agree that it is a mild stoned kind of relaxation with the glycinate. To be honest I like how it makes me feel because I suffer from anxiety. Part of the whole relaxed effect for me though is it totally removes all libido. Has anyone else experienced this? I mean I guess it makes sense that if you're ultra calmed you also aren't horny. Would be nice to be able to use glycinate and keep my libido though . All magnesium kills my libido so it's not just the glycinate, but the glycinate does have the most positive effects for me.

Medial preoptic area (mPOA) is a critical brain region involved in sexual behaviors (Chiamulera et al. 2001; Paterson et al. 2003).

It was reported that during mating, extracellular glutamate and phosphorylated NMDA receptors are up-regulated in the mPOA (Dominguez et al. 2007; Dominguez et al. 2006; Melis et al. 2004). The concentration of glutamate in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus is also increased in male rats during sexual activity (Melis et al. 2004). Further, microinjections of glutamate directly into the mPOA increase erections (Giuliano et al. 1996) and the urethrogenital reflex (Marson and McKenna 1994), while microinjection of dizocilpine, a noncompetitive NMDA antagonist, into the paraventricular nucleus impaired copulatory activity (Melis et al. 2004). Systemic injections of MK-801, an NMDA receptor antagonist, impaired male sexual behavior in sexually naive and sexually experienced male rats (Powell et al. 2003).

Mg is claimed to be NMDA antagonist. Probably this is it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals