Magnesium Glycinate Liquid

Lurker

The glycine has to taste better than the chloride in solution. Nasty stuff that is. Anyone tried it?

Frankdee20

I've tried that brand's regular Magnesium Glycinate capsules, and they're excellent. However, you need to pop 3-4 of them daily to obtain the RDA. All serving sizes for Magnesium (except Oxide) will typically provide 100 + mgs. So I suppose this liquid is better than popping 4 at a time. To me, the taste of Chloride doesn't matter. I've also had the Glycinate powder and they all have a taste. Typically most people rate liquids or powder versions of this mineral poorly due to taste. Trust me though, taste doesn't reflect effectiveness. It's a good product I'm sure.

aguilaroja

Has anyone tried liquid magnesium glycinate?

Yes, I did try the product mentioned, out of curiosity, a while back. First, it is, per mg, easily three times the price of the same company's capsules.

Second, it is an oral solution. It has an okay taste, but would not work well as is for topical absorption.

Third, xylitol is one of the sweetener ingredients. I do not find xylitol taken internally to be agreeable. In my case, it seems to upset digestion.

Effects of Consuming Xylitol on Gut Microbiota and Lipid Metabolism in Mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Gut hormone secretion, gastric emptying, and glycemic responses to erythritol and xylitol in lean and obese subjects. - PubMed - NCBI

As @Frankdee20 notes, Magnesium Glycinate can be a helpful supplement. This particular product may be better for those who like the liquid instead of capsule oral form, and are not on a tight budget.

Mito

Yes, I did try the product mentioned, out of curiosity, a while back. First, it is, per mg, easily three times the price of the same company's capsules.

Second, it is an oral solution. It has an okay taste, but would not work well as is for topical absorption.

Third, xylitol is one of the sweetener ingredients. I do not find xylitol taken internally to be agreeable. In my case, it seems to upset digestion.

Effects of Consuming Xylitol on Gut Microbiota and Lipid Metabolism in Mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Gut hormone secretion, gastric emptying, and glycemic responses to erythritol and xylitol in lean and obese subjects. - PubMed - NCBI

As @Frankdee20 notes, Magnesium Glycinate can be a helpful supplement. This particular product may be better for those who like the liquid instead of capsule oral form, and are not on a tight budget.
Thanks.

Zpol

I don't know the specific reason why you are considering taking this supp. Perhaps you prefer liquid form supp's. If so, I highly recommend Magnesium Bicarb water. Way cheaper, works amazing, and hardly any flavor at all.
I've been taking 1/4 cup of Magbicarb (home-made with seltzer and MoM) daily mixed with spring water. Lots more energy and faster digestion (in a good way, not liquid stools like with oxide and citrite).
Also, some people with MTHFR can have impaired glycine cleavage system and not absorb mag glycinate.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Magnesium hydroxide or glycinate? Ask For Help or Advice 1
M Does magnesium glycinate increase dht? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
J Is It Okay To Take A Collagen Supplement Alongside Magnesium Glycinate? Magnesium 3
J Best Magnesium Glycinate Product 2020 September Magnesium 5
L Trouble With Magnesium Glycinate Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 46
Frankdee20 Magnesium Glycinate Minerals 7
B To Everybody That Supplements Magnesium Glycinate And Especially To Dan Of Toxinless.com Magnesium 38
I Magnesium Glycinate Vs Citrate Magnesium 7
C Magnesium for libido and testosterone? Magnesium 1
M Magnesium malate helps my chronic muscle tension Ask For Help or Advice 21
C Magnesium form? Magnesium 4
J Magnesium injections Ask For Help or Advice 10
Luann Cobalt and magnesium Minerals 0
Peatogenic Magnesium activates Vitamin D Testimonials 5
Doludolu Extra "ingredients" in Aspirin & Magnesium Aspirin 8
D 100mg allithiamine (+niacinamide&magnesium) makes me hot and sweating Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
M Calcium and potassium increase retention of copper / magnesium and selenium depletes it? Ask For Help or Advice 41
M Which Magnesium with histamine issues? Ask For Help or Advice 1
F Sources: Potassium & Magnesium USP? Supplements 2
M I thought heavy daily sweating was causing my low potassium / salt/ magnesium symptoms , but now I think too much sugar might be a big factor Ask For Help or Advice 5
J Magnesium oxide after issue with Calcium Diet, Recipes 0
Elize How to lower high magnesium Blood Work, Labs 13
F Does transdermal magnesium chloride get into the blood streem thru the skin? does it gets to the liver? Ask For Help or Advice 4
M Transdermal magnesium yes or no? Ask For Help or Advice 5
I Magnesium supplement? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
ddjd Recommended ratios when supplementing K2 : Vit D : Calcium: Magnesium ?? Ask For Help or Advice 9
C Magnesium oil applied to tesiticles? Male Issues 8
J Magnesium oxide causing joints to crack! Diet 4
C Magnesium Supplements 1
IVILA Transdermal Magnesium Chloride Oil Causing Rashes Ask For Help or Advice 10
SuperStressed My magnesium deficiency seems to be so severe? Minerals 14
A Magnesium and DHEA Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Quelsatron A very confusing month? (vitamin D, magnesium, liver) Ask For Help or Advice 33
Sam321 Does speed of magnesium spray absorption correlate current levels of magnesium in system? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Loose stool from Magnesium Oxide Magnesium 29
BearWithMe Magnesium makes me super dehydrated - mineral imbalance? Ask For Help or Advice 8
R Safe amount of magnesium and zinc to supplement without messing up magnesium potassium and zinc copper ratio? Ask For Help or Advice 4
R Topical magnesium citrate? Hair & Nails 2
M Magnesium & potassium rich diet for lazy people Ask For Help or Advice 12
Brandin Question/Advice - Ionic Magnesium Chloride In Reverse Osmosis Ask For Help or Advice 2
DANIEL The Best Oral Magnesium Supplement Magnesium 14
O Magnesium Sulfate Injection Magnesium 15
J Is Magnesium Chloride A Safe Form Of Magnesium? Magnesium 30
ImprovingDaily What Is The Best Form Of Oral Magnesium That You've Taken? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 50
A Long‐term Magnesium Supplementation Improves Glucocorticoid Metabolism Scientific Studies 0
J Magnesium Ask For Help or Advice 10
Sscobalt Magnesium Intolerace Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
J The Best Form Of Magnesium 2020 September Magnesium 30
R Does Sugar Waste Magnesium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
superGrover Muscle Twitching After Applying Magnesium Serum Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8