Magnesium Citrate For Constipation

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,

Hopefully you will see this post, since yours was several years ago. I'd like to know if you would still recommend Mag Glycinate as a good source to supplement. Are you allowed to state which brand you referred to if someone asks, as I am? ☺️

Are you still using the Mag Bicarbonate? If so, what have you found to be a good daily intake?

Thanks for your help.

I think Mag Gly is a great suplpement if you can find pure source. The pills on the market are not only contaminated but also a scam. BluBonnet was sued for claming they were selling Mag Gly when in fact it was only 50% MagGly and the other 50% was MagOx. I still use Mag bicarbonate sometimes since I don't trust the sources for Mag Gly. Probably the only trustworthy sources would be large vendors like Sigma and Spectrum.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I use Purebulk's Magnesium Glycinate with no ill effects.

That's powder, right? Yeah, powder is probably OK as its purity can be demonstrated with a CoA. My experience was with capsulated Mag Gly and none of the products gave me good effects.

tara

That's powder, right? Yeah, powder is probably OK as its purity can be demonstrated with a CoA. My experience was with capsulated Mag Gly and none of the products gave me good effects.
I think Dan Wich turned up info saying Purebulk's 'Mg glycinate' was in significant part Mg oxide too.
I've used quite a bit of it, because I bought a big bag. Not aware of any ill-effects for myself so far. Ill-effects, if there are any, would likely be long-term and gradual, so hard to notice.

jaa

Evidently I give too much weight to the pure in the Purebulk name.

tara said:
I think Dan Wich turned up info saying Purebulk's 'Mg glycinate' was in significant part Mg oxide too.
I've used quite a bit of it, because I bought a big bag. Not aware of any ill-effects for myself so far. Ill-effects, if there are any, would likely be long-term and gradual, so hard to notice.

I was referring to the more immediate gastro ill-effects I would get with mag. citrate.

Ah well, that's disappointing to hear, but disappointing information is better than no information. Thanks to you both.

Kray

I think Mag Gly is a great suplpement if you can find pure source. The pills on the market are not only contaminated but also a scam. BluBonnet was sued for claming they were selling Mag Gly when in fact it was only 50% MagGly and the other 50% was MagOx. I still use Mag bicarbonate sometimes since I don't trust the sources for Mag Gly. Probably the only trustworthy sources would be large vendors like Sigma and Spectrum.

Thanks for the response, Haidut. I'll consider looking into those. I've caught a few things Peat has said about Mag Chloride; what's your take on that? Is it a good alternative in your opinion, to the glycinate, relative to absorption, if taken orally?
-------------------------------------------------
[ moderator edit: posts moved from Methylene Blue ]

I have no experience with methylene blue, but if you need something to fight an infection, i do have experience with:
- magnesium chloride: Ray has written it's multiplying many folds the activity of white blood cells and helps efficiently to fight infections.
- MMS: it's a very powerfull anti bacterian, anti viral and anti parasitarian. I've used it to abort colds many times and it never failed me once. And it's dirt cheap.

burtlancast, Dec 1, 2014

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the response, Haidut. I'll consider looking into those. I've caught a few things Peat has said about Mag Chloride; what's your take on that? Is it a good alternative in your opinion, to the glycinate, relative to absorption, if taken orally?
-------------------------------------------------
[ moderator edit: posts moved from Methylene Blue ]

I have no experience with methylene blue, but if you need something to fight an infection, i do have experience with:
- magnesium chloride: Ray has written it's multiplying many folds the activity of white blood cells and helps efficiently to fight infections.
- MMS: it's a very powerfull anti bacterian, anti viral and anti parasitarian. I've used it to abort colds many times and it never failed me once. And it's dirt cheap.

burtlancast, Dec 1, 2014

Yep, the Mag Chloride is also a good option and can even be used as table salt if you can stomach the taste. But the MagGly has the glycine and that synergizes with the magnesium. You won't get that from Mag Cl but the chloride salt is much cheaper and much more likely to be found pure and without additives.

Kray

Yep, the Mag Chloride is also a good option and can even be used as table salt if you can stomach the taste. But the MagGly has the glycine and that synergizes with the magnesium. You won't get that from Mag Cl but the chloride salt is much cheaper and much more likely to be found pure and without additives.

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

Kray

In one of his articles on his website RP says that MagGly lowers serotonin. So if there was a way to ensure that the supplement was clean and without additives then MagGly would be a great supplement to take. As far as i know only one company makes a properly chelated supplement like that and it has a patent on it. The rumor is that all other vendors on the market just sell plain magnesium and glycine mixture without the elements being chemically bonded. I took some of the non patented versions and i have to say that it gave me some pretty bad nightmares. Very similar in experience to melatonin, which i was taking years before stumbling onto RP. IMO the best magnesium supplement is magnesium bicarbonate, which like sodim bicarbonatr has some additional benefits due to the CO2 it provides. Not to mention that it is much more absorbable than the magnesium pills of any form. Just google magnesium bicarbinate and you will find recipes for making it at home. For me personally it gives me an insane libido boost and i sleep like a 5 year old when i take it. Anyways, here is the RP article that talks about MagGly and a link on hiw to make magnesium bicarbonate:
http://www.acupuncturebrooklyn.com/how- ... nate-water

Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues
"...There are several prescription drugs that protect against serotonin excess, but thyroid and gelatin (or glycine, as in magnesium glycinate) are protective against the serotonin and melatonin toxicities."
Haidut,

Just re-read this thread, to review. I wanted to chime in on the MagGly form. I have found the Pure Encapsulations MagGly, although expensive, to be super quality. I haven't actually checked to see if there is an oxide issue as some have indicated with other brands, but I have it on hand to use occasionally with the MagBicarb.

Haidut, is the Bicarb still your go-to? What doses these days? I saw your comment about 300mL and I hadn't been taking that much, so I will try that for a while at bedtime and report back. Sounds like best to take it at night for obvious reasons, rather than sipping throughout the day, as others report? Plus, if you consume enough foods with Mag during the day (coffe, for one), perhaps the main dose at night is more noticeably helpful.

Last edited:

Dan W

Do you dilute yours to the 4L capacity, or just drink straight from the 1L bottle for your nightly drink?
I won't speak for Haidut, but I don't do the watering-down-to-4L step. I drink a little bit of the "concentrate" with a meal.

Kray

I won't speak for Haidut, but I don't do the watering-down-to-4L step. I drink a little bit of the "concentrate" with a meal.
Dan Wich: Thanks for taking that question before I deleted my post! You've answered my question, and admittedly, I read on and saw that Haidut had also confirmed taking it in the 1L concentration.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals