Magnesium Chloride Oral Use

burtlancast

How much Mag chloride to you take in grams? I have some. Have tried 1/2 tsp and it has a noticeable effect, but I'm wondering how to figure out how much is needed. I also found mag acetate, which someone on here claims gives a fountain of youth effect.

Based on my notes from above, to get 0.5g per day, i would need:

0.5g x 3 (absorbtion only 1/3) x 8 ( only 12% elemental magnesium in magnesium chloride) x 1.2 ( only 85% of magnesium chloride in Nigari flakes)

= 14.4 gr of Nigari.

That can't be right, lol.
But that's what i get in my calculations.

burtlancast

does the nigari product you use come from japan? i want to get some but i'm very concerned about the fukushima radiation. if i took pure magnesium chloride along w/trace mineral drops would that work?

To fight infections,the straight magnesium chloride is enough, no need of anything else.

It's very easy to find online at Amazon.
One can even make it himself from epsom salts and hypochloric acid !

Amazoniac

Based on my notes from above, to get 0.5g per day, i would need:

0.5g x 3 (absorbtion only 1/3) x 8 ( only 12% elemental magnesium in magnesium chloride) x 1.2 ( only 85% of magnesium chloride in Nigari flakes)

= 14.4 gr of Nigari.

That can't be right, lol.
But that's what i get in my calculations.
burtlan, your brain is so heavy that you manage to calculate things in reverse.

(total amount * mgcl2 in nigari) * (elemental) * (bioavailability) = desired amount of the element
(ta*0.85)*(0.12)*(1/3)=500mg
ta=14.7g
So, for example on the label of a mg chloride product it states that 50g of it mixed in 1 liter of wasser yields about 180mg of mg per 30ml of the liquid. From that you get that they used the values close to yours to calculate.
So, 50g of pure mgcl2 has 6g of elemental mg or 2g of available mg. To obtain 0.5g of available mg you need (50g of mgcl2)/4: 12.5g and considering the amount that's not present in nigari because it isn't pure, your calculations are probably right, unless both of us are wrong. :ss

burtlancast

From the few pages I've read, absorption is regulated by the body's needs: if the organism is replete with magnesium, the absorption drops at 7%. If the body is deficient, absorption increases at 80% !

In any case, 1 teaspoon of water weighs 5 gr; since the density of Nigari (hydrated magnesium chloride) is 2.32 g/cm3, 1 teaspoon equals: 5 x 2.32 = 11.6 g

So, 1 teaspoon and 1/3 per day of Nigari.

In theory.

burtlancast

Here is a RP quote on magnesium supplement

"All of the magnesium supplements that I have tried caused allergy symptoms and bowel inflammation, but some people don't have a problem with magnesium carbonate or magnesium glycinate. I think it's best to use the foods with high magnesium content, and to start the thyroid slowly, allowing the tissues time to absorb magnesium; the other minerals, Ca, Na, and K, have antistress effects that spare magnesium"

Considering that Ray cites Pierre Delbet in his book, who used all his life magnesium chloride for his patients and for himself, why wouldn't he recommend magnesium chloride, either in Nigari or pure chemical form ?

I'm at a loss.

burtlancast

burtlan, your brain is so heavy that you manage to calculate things in reverse.

(total amount * mgcl2 in nigari) * (elemental) * (bioavailability) = desired amount of the element
(ta*0.85)*(0.12)*(1/3)=500mg
ta=14.7g
So, for example on the label of a mg chloride product it states that 50g of it mixed in 1 liter of wasser yields about 180mg of mg per 30ml of the liquid. From that you get that they used the values close to yours to calculate.
So, 50g of pure mgcl2 has 6g of elemental mg or 2g of available mg. To obtain 0.5g of available mg you need (50g of mgcl2)/4: 12.5g and considering the amount that's not present in nigari because it isn't pure, your calculations are probably right, unless both of us are wrong. :ss

Well, since magnesium chloride tastes gross, and since absorption is so difficult, why not make for ourselves liposomial magnesium chloride ??

That would take care of the gastro-intestinal symptoms ( diarrhea) and would lower the dosage to absorb each day.

For some people requiring higher magnesium daily ( athletes, stressed people, etc) it's nearly impossible to supplement enough; and it really tastes bad.

Carolyn Dean invented a stable ionized form of magnesium, but i reckon home-made liposomial magnesium chloride would be just as good, if not better.

B

Braveheart

Absorption is so difficult? I thought it was the best? I take liquid mag chloride 1 tsp 133mg daily in orange juice and topical mag chloride oil before bed 6 sprays 99 mg...this plus food gives me average 636 mg per day....2400mg calcium. Does anyone see problem w this? Is the info here a bit conflicting?

milk_lover

Has anyone tried magnesium carbonate powder? Peat told me via email It works well taking it either alone or with food.

burtlancast

Absorption is so difficult? I thought it was the best? I take liquid mag chloride 1 tsp 133mg daily in orange juice and topical mag chloride oil before bed 6 sprays 99 mg...this plus food gives me average 636 mg per day....2400mg calcium. Does anyone see problem w this? Is the info here a bit conflicting?

If you're used to magnesium oil, i guess it's the best of both worlds.
But a lot of people have skin rashes from it and find it cumbersome and unreliable, so they fall back on oral supplementation.

And that's where loose stools come in once higher dosages are taken.

B

Braveheart

BURTLANCAST..."The pure magnesium chloride form shouldn't be taken regularly, because the body will get used to it, and thus in case of an infection, the effect on white blood cells won't be as dramatic.
- magnesium chloride: Ray has written it's multiplying many folds the activity of white blood cells and helps efficiently to fight infections."

These statements interest me as I'm living w leukemia...not sure how to reconcile these statements...thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Dave Clark

Well, since magnesium chloride tastes gross, and since absorption is so difficult, why not make for ourselves liposomial magnesium chloride ??

That would take care of the gastro-intestinal symptoms ( diarrhea) and would lower the dosage to absorb each day.

For some people requiring higher magnesium daily ( athletes, stressed people, etc) it's nearly impossible to supplement enough; and it really tastes bad.

Carolyn Dean invented a stable ionized form of magnesium, but i reckon home-made liposomial magnesium chloride would be just as good, if not better.
Thanks for the Carolyn Dean link. I knew of her for years, but didn't know she had this Mg chloride product, I think I will try it. Also, that linked me to the 'Grown by Nature' natural vitamins, very interested in the natural vitamin C.

Prosper

Has anyone tried magnesium carbonate powder? Peat told me via email It works well taking it either alone or with food.
I have some that was sold as grip enhancement for weightlifting. I wonder if it's pure enough for oral consumption.

burtlancast

BURTLANCAST..."The pure magnesium chloride form shouldn't be taken regularly, because the body will get used to it, and thus in case of an infection, the effect on white blood cells won't be as dramatic.
- magnesium chloride: Ray has written it's multiplying many folds the activity of white blood cells and helps efficiently to fight infections."

These statements interest me as I'm living w leukemia...not sure how to reconcile these statements...thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Firstly, Ray's quote comes from Pierre Delbet, the original discoverer of the effects of magnesium chloride on the activity of white blood cells.

Delbet proved that areas in France with low soil magnesium had higher cancer incidence than areas with high soil magnesium. He corroborated this with other countries like Italy and England.

Delbet himself got the association with cancer after inadvertently curing his life long, recidiving pre-cancerous dysplasia lesions over both ears (hereditary; required triple surgeries)) with daily magnesium chloride.

He proposed at the french parliament to cut cancer incidence by supplementing the soil with dolomite (rich in magnesium).

Today we know at least 3 effects that would explain the anti-cancer effects:
- it enhances x 2.5 - x 3 the activity of white blood cells
- it stimulates the synthesis of DHEA, the anti-cancer hormone
- it helps the body to detoxify heavy metals (led, arsenic, mercury, etc)
There might be other anti-cancer effects, but that's the current state of my magnesium knowledge at the moment.

There's a top magnesium researcher, Mildred Seelig, that has confirmed on animals that low magnesium diet predisposes to lymphoma and leukemia
III. MAGNESIUM IN EXPERIMENTAL ONCOGENESIS
A. SPONTANEOUS NEOPLASMS IN MAGNESIUM DEFICIENT RATS
1. Lymphomas and Leukemias
Subacute Mg deficiency has caused lymphopoietic neoplasms in young rats. A study of rats surviving Mg deficiency sufficient to cause death in convulsions during early infancy in some, and cardiorenal lesions weeks later in others, disclosed that some of survivors had thymic nodules or lymphosarcoma.(22)Extension of the studies showed that 20% of 92 rats of two strains, which rarely have spontaneous lympholeukemia, had thymic lymphosarcoma after 65 days of Mg deficiency.(23,24) None on the same diet with Mg added developed the tumor. The vulnerability of Wistar and Sprague-Dawley rats to Mg deficiency induced lymphosarcoma and terminal lymphatic leukemia, was confirmed by others.(25-28) Susceptibility of young rats to transmission by viable lymphoma cells was intensified by Mg deficiency.(29) Rat strain variability in vulnerability was then found: 25-50% of Holzmann rats developed thymic tumors; Fischer and Osborne-Mendel rats were resistant. Chronic myeloid leukemia, following persistent neutrophilic leukocytosis, such as appears in acutely Mg deficient rats,(74,75) developed in 10% of susceptible rats with chronic Mg deficiency. Normal Mg intakes reversed the leukocytosis, except for those progressing to irreversible myeloid leukemia (Table 2).(25-28)
Magnesium in Oncogenesis

Should leukemic patients supplement on magnesium? That's above my knowledge, saddly.

Concerning my earlier statement on not taking pure magnesium chloride daily, i'll have to take that back, because i've not been able to recoup that with other trusted sources. Personally, i've switched to pure magnesium chloride after getting tired of the salty taste of NIGARI.
I feel truly wonderful on it (3 grams a day, which comes to about 400 mg of elemental magnesium), even though i do get moderately loose stools most of the days.

I'll keep the forum posted on whether i catch or not a cold, lol. But considering how well i feel, it would surprise me.

Nighteyes

I feel truly wonderful on it (3 grams a day, which comes to about 400 mg of elemental magnesium), even though i do get moderately loose stools most of the days.

I believe I once read that magnesium is better absorbed when taken with pregnenolone (maybe something haidut once wrote?). Do you know something about this? I take mag chloride orally every day as well and always add a pinch of pregnenolone powder. No gut issues so far; although I do not use as high a dose as you do :)

burtlancast

Thanks for the Carolyn Dean link. I knew of her for years, but didn't know she had this Mg chloride product, I think I will try it. Also, that linked me to the 'Grown by Nature' natural vitamins, very interested in the natural vitamin C.

Dean has been promoting magnesium for quite some years. I believe her product is good.
Yet i don't consider her a trusting person; in her book "The magnesium miracle" she almost completely avoids talking about the anti-cancer and anti-infectious effects of magnesium chloride, even though the scientific and clinical evidence is overwhelming.
That's borderline nuts. Even JI Rodale mentioned these effects over entire chapters in his book.
Quite strange for an author who wrote "Death by medicine" !

Dean lists all the different forms of magnesium supplements, but refuses to mention the magnesium chloride form. Until one reads that her own brand uses...magnesium chloride!!

Dean also advises her readers to look at the German new medicine of Dr Hammer, which i strongly consider a clever attempt by orthodox medicine to decredibilize alternative healing.

In conclusion, Dean books are a good starting point to learn on magnesium, but nothing should be taken at face value, and needs to be double checked.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Firstly, Ray's quote comes from Pierre Delbet, the original discoverer of the effects of magnesium chloride on the activity of white blood cells.

Delbet proved that areas in France with low soil magnesium had higher cancer incidence than areas with high soil magnesium. He corroborated this with other countries like Italy and England.

Delbet himself got the association with cancer after inadvertently curing his life long, recidiving pre-cancerous dysplasia lesions over both ears (hereditary; required triple surgeries)) with daily magnesium chloride.

He proposed at the french parliament to cut cancer incidence by supplementing the soil with dolomite (rich in magnesium).

Today we know at least 3 effects that would explain the anti-cancer effects:
- it enhances x 2.5 - x 3 the activity of white blood cells
- it stimulates the synthesis of DHEA, the anti-cancer hormone
- it helps the body to detoxify heavy metals (led, arsenic, mercury, etc)
There might be other anti-cancer effects, but that's the current state of my magnesium knowledge at the moment.

There's a top magnesium researcher, Mildred Seelig, that has confirmed on animals that low magnesium diet predisposes to lymphoma and leukemia

Magnesium in Oncogenesis

Should leukemic patients supplement on magnesium? That's above my knowledge, saddly.

Concerning my earlier statement on not taking pure magnesium chloride daily, i'll have to take that back, because i've not been able to recoup that with other trusted sources. Personally, i've switched to pure magnesium chloride after getting tired of the salty taste of NIGARI.

I'll keep the forum posted on whether i catch or not a cold, lol. But considering how well i feel, it would surprise me.
Thank you so much for your reply...am obviously very much interested in anything that would deter infections...I believe in the importance of Mag and after much study have settled on the current regimen and am also feeling good..haven't caught a cold in years even though my young daughter brings them home from school often...often a scary time...but gives me a chance to test my protocol...and I keep passing the test....so far. Thanks again. I always look forward to your posts w interest.

burtlancast

Thank you so much for your reply...am obviously very much interested in anything that would deter infections...I believe in the importance of Mag and after much study have settled on the current regimen and am also feeling good..haven't caught a cold in years even though my young daughter brings them home from school often...often a scary time...but gives me a chance to test my protocol...and I keep passing the test....so far. Thanks again. I always look forward to your posts w interest.

Thank you too for your artemisinin tips, bzmazu ; it really helps when someone reports getting results with alternative medicine.
I would supplement your daughter with magnesium chloride, so she would never catch a cold either, lol.
Everyone should read Rodale's book on magnesium; it's a miracle mineral we ALL need taking FOR LIFE.

B

Braveheart

Burtlancast: "I feel truly wonderful on it (3 grams a day, which comes to about 400 mg of elemental magnesium), even though i do get moderately loose stools most of the days."....yes the stool problem surfaced and am having to adjust cascara dosage because of it?...also believe progesterone can affect stools...am working on this "delicate" issue currently lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals