Magnesium Chloride Cytotoxic To Malignant Cell Lines

Kray

Do you know how many mg MgCl in 2/3 tsp? I can usually handle the saltiness, I just drink it down quickly, but sometimes I'll add just a bit more water. Adding taurine might neutralize it some, too. (We also supplement taurine, my husband more regularly than I. I've read that it supports testosterone production, among many other benefits.)

The manufacturer recommends not using metal or plastic to touch the solution, so I use plastic measure to drop crystals into glass bottle. I had been looking online for a good quality bottle, and then realized I already had one- the empty glass dairy milk bottle from the store- only cost $2.50- the deposit charge! The cap is a hard plastic, and I make sure I don't fill the bottle full enough to touch the cap. Stores well in refrigerator. Also, it requires zero mixing- the clearest, cleanest- looking water in an instant!

My husband recently had a UTI, and I switched him over to MgCl exclusively, from Mg citrate mostly before. He's still on antibiotics so it's hard to say how much MgCl is helping, but I'll be sure to have him stick with MgCl afterward. I think it has helped my overall health, too. Better sleep, digestion, and regularity. We'll see how we fare over the flu season!

I think it was your posting originally, as to benefits of MgCl, that led me to search further, so thanks for that! Have you read this website? Magnesium Chloride Benefits

Just curious, as I read Sircus' link, his book title refers to transdermal use, but the article doesn't specify. Your take? Any benefit of one over the other?

Meanwhile, keep me posted on any further research you turn up. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

burtlancast

jyb

No idea, sorry.
But once in solution, magnesium chloride completely dissociates into Mg ++ and CL -- ions.
I don't see how it could spoil.

Right, which is why I don't understand why it would different to any other form of Mg (magnesium sulfate aka epsom salt being the other popular form). But that does not seem to be the case, the title of the study is specific. And people keep debating about whether it is better to take chloride or sulfate.