Magnesium Chloride Cytotoxic To Malignant Cell Lines

raypeatclips

Not sure if this is a positive or negative for magnesium, would be nice for more knowledgeable posters to explain this.

Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17(S3):131-4.
Comparison of in Vitro Cytotoxicity and Apoptogenic Activity of Magnesium Chlorideand Cisplatin as Conventional Chemotherapeutic Agents in the MCF-7 Cell Line.
Mirmalek SA1, Jangholi E, Jafari M, Yadollah-Damavandi S, Javidi MA, Parsa Y, Parsa T, Salimi-Tabatabaee SA, Ghasemzadeh Kolagar H, Khazaei Jalil S, Alizadeh-Navaei R.

"Previous studies showed that magnesium (Mg) has cytotoxic effects on malignant cell lines. However, the anti-cancer effects of Mg on MCF-7 breast cancer cells are uncertain. This study was aimed at the comparison of the cytotoxic effect of Mg salt (MgCl2) and cisplatin on MCF-7 cells and fibroblasts (as normal cells). After treatment with various concentrations of MgCl2, and cisplatin as a positive control for 24 and 48 hours (h), cytotoxicity activity was measured by MTT assay. In addition, apoptosis was determined by annexin V/propidium iide assay. Both cisplatin and the MgCl2 exhibited dose-dependent cytotoxic effects in the MCF-7 cell line, although the LD50 of the Mg was significantly higher when compared to cispaltin (40 μg/ml vs. 20 μg/ml). Regarding annexin V/propidium results, treatment of MCF-7 cells with LD50 concentrations of cisplatin and Mg showed 59% and 44% apoptosis at 24h, respectively. Finally, the results indicated that Mg has cytotoxic effects on MCF-7 cells, but less than cisplatin as a conventional chemotherapeutic agent. However, regarding the side effects of chemotherapy drugs, it seems that Mg can be considered as a supplement for the treatment of breast cancer."

burtlancast

70 years after the discoveries of Pierre Delbet on magnesium chloride preventing cancer, science proves magnesium chloride directly kills cancer cells.

Wow.
Just wow.
Is there anything magnesium chloride CAN'T DO ?

L

lollipop

@TubZy @burtlancast do you guys know if magnesium oil (mag chloride liquid - clarification for any new people on the platform) ever loses potency or "spoils" of sorts? I have one from 1 year ago and use it daily. I vaguely remember someone writing that it breaks down fast and becomes ineffective. Do you guys know?

burtlancast

No idea, sorry.
But once in solution, magnesium chloride completely dissociates into Mg ++ and CL -- ions.
I don't see how it could spoil.

TubZy

@TubZy @burtlancast do you guys know if magnesium oil (mag chloride liquid - clarification for any new people on the platform) ever loses potency or "spoils" of sorts? I have one from 1 year ago and use it daily. I vaguely remember someone writing that it breaks down fast and becomes ineffective. Do you guys know?

I have used mine 6 months after it was sitting in a dark cabinet away from light and it still worked perfectly fine (I felt the same effect as always). I would say give it a shot and see if you get the same initial effect. I think it could degrade fast in high heat or heavy lighting though

L

lollipop

I have used mine 6 months after it was sitting in a dark cabinet away from light and it still worked perfectly fine (I felt the same effect as always). I would say give it a shot and see if you get the same initial effect. I think it could degrade fast in high heat or heavy lighting though
Perfect @TubZy thank you. I should be good to go: been in dark cabinet and away from any exogenous heat source.

TubZy

Perfect @TubZy thank you. I should be good to go: been in dark cabinet and away from any exogenous heat source.

Cool, I like to mention majority of the time I like the crystals better because I hate lathering myself up with oil cause I usually shower after but mag chloride crystal bath is much better, but both method seems to be effective. So I essentially make mine "fresh" now anyways.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Cool, I like to mention majority of the time I like the crystals better because I hate lathering myself up with oil cause I usually shower after but mag chloride crystal bath is much better, but both method seems to be effective. So I essentially make mine "fresh" now anyways.

How long do you have mag chloride baths for? I had a 40 minute footbath with mag chloride other night and didn't notice the same relaxation effect I feel when I get out of an Epsom salt bath. I had a bad day the following day as well but of course could and probably was unrelated.

L

lollipop

Great help! Thank you again @TubZy.

TubZy

How long do you have mag chloride baths for? I had a 40 minute footbath with mag chloride other night and didn't notice the same relaxation effect I feel when I get out of an Epsom salt bath. I had a bad day the following day as well but of course could and probably was unrelated.

30 minutes or so but I found I have to use at least 3 cups of the crystals/flakes in hot water to really get a good effect, how much did you use? It seems the hotter the water the faster the effect (more open pores?)

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

30 minutes or so but I found I have to use at least 3 cups of the crystals/flakes in hot water to really get a good effect, how much did you use? It seems the hotter the water the faster the effect (more open pores?)

Used a cup I and yeah made the water very hot, had to let it cool for a few minutes before I put my feet it. Will give another a go soon but I love me a proper Epsom salt bath.

tara

I'm no chemist, but I can't imagine how it would break down, even if you left it in the sun for years. It's a salt, so pretty stable. Though if it's stored in a plastic bottle I suppose you could get leachate in it from there, or if you mixed with something else reactive maybe you could get reactions.

I've had my bottle for more than 2 years and I can tell it's still effective because it can still usually still stop cramps almost instantly with a few drops of it.

You're not thinking of Mg bicarbonate, are you?

L

lollipop

I'm no chemist, but I can't imagine how it would break down, even if you left it in the sun for years. It's a salt, so pretty stable. Though if it's stored in a plastic bottle I suppose you could get leachate in it from there, or if you mixed with something else reactive maybe you could get reactions.

I've had my bottle for more than 2 years and I can tell it's still effective because it can still usually still stop cramps almost instantly with a few drops of it.

You're not thinking of Mg bicarbonate, are you?
Hi @tara THANK YOU! Makes so much sense. No was not thinking mg bicarbonate. When you mentioned it as a Salt, it clicked in my mind. Details and data do help :):

TubZy

Used a cup I and yeah made the water very hot, had to let it cool for a few minutes before I put my feet it. Will give another a go soon but I love me a proper Epsom salt bath.

Yeah, I hear ya. I originally started with Epsom salt due to being an athlete and how that form is always touted in the sports world. I tried chloride later on and I responded to it much better, but I had to use more of it so I guess it's a trade off but it works lol

Kray

No idea, sorry.
But once in solution, magnesium chloride completely dissociates into Mg ++ and CL -- ions.
I don't see how it could spoil.

Do you (still) supplement MgCl, and if so, how much? Is this your only supplemental form? I have been using it in solution, usually about 360mg/day, apart from food usually, closer to bedtime, with a small dose of cascara. Seems to work well for me. I think my source is pretty pure. I don't find nearly as much on this form as so many others, including bicarb, so I'm interested to get feedback from someone like yourself who has studied it and can also speak from their own experience with it. Is mine a reasonable dose? Should I split throughout the day? Any additional info would be appreciated..

burtlancast

Yes, i still supplement everyday with about 2/3 of a teaspoon. I try to split the dose in 2 and drink it outside meals for optimal absorption.

I've learned it can inhibit zinc absorption when taken with meals.

Although i hate the salty taste, i read from an Italian doctor, Raul Vergini, that only magnesium chloride has the anti infectious effect, compared to other magnesium forms. I'm still researching that claim.

I plan to add magnesium taurate; i believe the taste is better, and taurine is very beneficial.

But after 5 months or so, i can positively say it's the supplement that brought the best health results; energy, mental clarity, a feeling of youth and (dare i say) happiness (promotion of DHEA synthesis?), better sleep, less joints and dental pains, regular bowel movements, and surprisingly, a loss of 8 pounds which wasn't expected.

It noticeably changed my physical appearance.

I've experienced some minor beginnings of colds, but instantly aborted them with 2 cloves of garlic. No colds since i began supplementing (while people around me did catch them).

I also tried filling empty gelatin caps in advance, but they liquefied after a few weeks by attracting air humidity; i believe the magnesium reacted with the gelatin and spoiled somehow; it induced vomiting .

After about a year, the taste changes, so be careful with old magnesium chloride powder. Always keep the lid tight shut.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals