Magnesium Chloride Baths Digestive Issues

Soren

Forum Supporter
Quick question, over the past couple of months on and off I have been taking what might be considered high dosage magnesium Chloride flake baths to help undo what I believe is a magnesium deficiency and I was wondering if there is any risk of these causing digestive issues.

I know that too much Oral supplemental magnesium can cause diarrhoea but I was of the belief that this was not possible with a bath as the magnesium is absorbed through the skin and bypasses the digestive tract.

I didn't have any magnesium baths for the past 3 weeks as I had been away and swam in the sea almost daily. Yesterday and today I used about 2kg of flakes per bath and have been having some issues. However, I also took some poor quality activated charcoal around the same time as the first bath and have been wondering if that might be the cause.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
my input is that you want to GRADUALLY do this stuff. Why go from nothing to two baths a day?

Why not one bath? Then skip a day. Then ease into it.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
my input is that you want to GRADUALLY do this stuff. Why go from nothing to two baths a day?

Why not one bath? Then skip a day. Then ease into it.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough, I had one bath per day. One yesterday in the morning after an intense workout, and one today in the afternoon.

I've taken magnesium baths on and off for the past couple of months and always with about the same amount of magnesium as I have been using here.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
why are you doing magnesium baths lmao? why not just take milk of magnesia?

I did kind of spell out why when I said, "too much supplemental magnesium can cause diarrhoea" I guess i should have said, too much Oral supplementation of magnesium.

keith

Most people don't seem to have the issue, but I have gotten diarrhea from too much topical magnesium. I seem to be very sensitive to it for some reason.

milk_lover

I am guessing but could chloride increase the digestive juices (HCL) and without enough fuel in the stomach, it's burning your stomach walls, hence the digestive issues? I always eat something before or right after hot shower but that's due to hot water burning glycogen stores.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I am guessing but could chloride increase the digestive juices (HCL) and without enough fuel in the stomach, it's burning your stomach walls, hence the digestive issues? I always eat something before or right after hot shower but that's due to hot water burning glycogen stores.

That is interesting that you say that, I typically have a soda that I drink during a magnesium bath. I definitely think that the hot bath increases metabolism, I can feel the blood flowing all through my fingertips and my head.

Do you think the burning of glycogen stores here is a stress response or a healthy metabolism boosting response?

milk_lover

That is interesting that you say that, I typically have a soda that I drink during a magnesium bath. I definitely think that the hot bath increases metabolism, I can feel the blood flowing all through my fingertips and my head.

Do you think the burning of glycogen stores here is a stress response or a healthy metabolism boosting response?
I would say it's a healthy metabolism boosting response as long as you have enough fuel (sugar/glycogen) in your system. I believe it's less harmful than cold showers which stress your body if you have low metabolism to start with. I remember Peat said some people faint in hot baths and it could harm your sperm production if you stay for so long.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals