Magnesium Bicarbonate

yerrag

@Jing

It's cute when you use lol once in a while. But it gets old when you finish with that in all your sentences.

Better if you learn to ask questions that don't confuse people with double meanings.

And if people are confused and misunderstood your question, quickly help them by correcting the misunderstanding.

And don't feed on the misunderstanding and then make the other party frustrated by saying things like "I'm just not guna bother lol"

People helping you will easily get frustrated when you act like this.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

@Jing

It's cute when you use lol once in a while. But it gets old when you finish with that in all your sentences.

Better if you learn to ask questions that don't confuse people with double meanings.

And if people are confused and misunderstand your question, quickly help them by correcting the misunderstanding.

And don't feed on the misunderstanding and then make the other party frustrated by saying things like "I'm just not guna bother lol"

People helping you will easily get frustrated when you act like this.
Why don't you just go back to the first page and re read?? Look at my first question your reply was 2 grams to a litre of cold seltzer gives you 800mg elemental magnesium...
I replied cool thanks how many mgs of magnesium would a tablespoon of this provide.. now you could simply of just told me but instead you just said 1 tad weighs 1 gram .... So you just wanted to complicate things instead of just telling me how many mgs a tablespoon has.

yerrag

Tbh your answer doesn't even make sense if I put 2000mg of magnesium in 1 litre of carbonated water how does one tablespoon = 12000mg?? Where did the 10000mg come from??
You're still pretending you didn't ask this confusing question: How many mgs of magnesium would a tablespoon of this provide?" What do you mean by "this?"

This could refer to "magnesium hydroxide" or "magnesium bicarbonate." It's not only I who understood your question as referring to magnesium hydroxide. Even @tara did.

OP
J

Jing

You're still pretending you didn't ask this confusing question: How many mgs of magnesium would a tablespoon of this provide?" What do you mean by "this?"

This could refer to "magnesium hydroxide" or "magnesium bicarbonate." It's not only I who understood your question as referring to magnesium hydroxide. Even @tara did.
Obviously magnesium bicarbonate because once mixed magnesium hydroxide turns into magnesium bicarbonate.. so once I add 2 grams of hydroxide to carbonated water why would I be asking how much hydroxide is in a tablespoon?? It's not hydroxide anymore it's magnesium bicarbonate...

yerrag

Why don't you just go back to the first page and re read?? Look at my first question your reply was 2 grams to a litre of cold seltzer gives you 800mg elemental magnesium...
I replied cool thanks how many mgs of magnesium would a tablespoon of this provide.. now you could simply of just told me but instead you just said 1 tad weighs 1 gram .... So you just wanted to complicate things instead of just telling me how many mgs a tablespoon has.
If you were clear with your question, I would have answered differently.
Instead, I thought you were asking a question where it's pretty obvious the answer is. If a tad - 1/4 tsp = 1 gram, you would know that 1 tsp = 4 g, and 1 tbsp = 12g.

yerrag

Obviously magnesium bicarbonate because once mixed magnesium hydroxide turns into magnesium bicarbonate.. so once I add 2 grams of hydroxide to carbonated water why would I be asking how much hydroxide is in a tablespoon?? It's not hydroxide anymore it's magnesium bicarbonate...
Not obviously. It wasn't obvious to me. It wasn't obvious to Tara. Certainly obvious to you only.

OP
J

Jing

Not obviously. It wasn't obvious to me. It wasn't obvious to Tara. Certainly obvious to you only.
How is it not obvious?? Hydroxide turns to magnesium bicarbonate when mixed so if I'm asking how many mgs of magnesium is in a tablespoon when I mix two grams of hydroxide to carbonated water it's very obvious I'm asking how many mgs of bicarbonate.

yerrag

How is it not obvious?? Hydroxide turns to magnesium bicarbonate when mixed so if I'm asking how many mgs of magnesium is in a tablespoon when I mix two grams of hydroxide to carbonated water it's very obvious I'm asking how many mgs of bicarbonate.
If it's obvious why did two people not understand your "obvious question?"

And what's up with the passive-aggresive nature and tone of this remark ""I'm just not guna bother lol?" Do you want to rile me up?

OP
J

Jing

If it's obvious why did two people not understand your "obvious question?"

And what's up with the passive-aggresive nature and tone of this remark ""I'm just not guna bother lol?" Do you want to rile me up?
Well sorry I have to spoon feed you guess your not as smart as you think you are if you can't see the obvious.. and I said I'm not going to bother because you were making it seem to complicated but other people answered and it now seems very easy

yerrag

Well sorry I have to spoon feed you guess your not as smart as you think you are if you can't see the obvious.. and I said I'm not going to bother because you were making it seem to complicated but other people answered and it now seems very easy
A few people think you're not that smart and wanted to help you figure things out. I felt so insulted you are spoonfeeding me.

OP
J

Jing

A few people think you're not that smart and wanted to help you figure things out. I felt so insulted you are spoonfeeding me.
I know I'm not that smart lol well for some things anyway I bet there's things you don't know but I know ... I have a form of Asperger's so certain things are just hard for me ..

yerrag

I know I'm not that smart lol well for some things anyway I bet there's things you don't know but I know ... I have a form of Asperger's so certain things are just hard for me ..
That doesn't excuse you. Things would have been fine after I apologized to you and to opson123 and to Matjam. But you just wanted to egg me on. I wanted to save you the embarrassment by sending you a private message. But you just had to spill it out for the forum to see. You forced my hand.

OP
J

Jing

That doesn't excuse you. Things would have been fine after I apologized to you and to opson123 and to Matjam. But you just wanted to egg me on. I wanted to save you the embarrassment by sending you a private message. But you just had to spill it out for the forum to see. You forced my hand.
Just saying that's why I find certain things hard . Never egged you on I literally just wanted to know how much magnesium would be in a tablespoon and you just kept talking about tads
Like literally it would of be solved in your second comment if you just said how many mgs are in a tablespoon instead of talking about tads

Maljam

I never thought he wasn't smart, everyone has questions. Stop bullying him.

yerrag

yerrag

You are bullying a person with aspergers for asking a question which you yourself were the one that got mixed up with. Just leave him alone, move on to another thread.
Are you the self-assigned conscience of the Ray Peat Forum? I know people with Aspergers. They are quite functional. Don't treat them with kid gloves. Treat them like people like you and me. I messed up with the question for sure. I apologized. I meant it. He turns around and squishes me like a fly. Asperger or not, I stand up to that kind of bullying. So stop with your nonsense. What are you, a guidance counselor?

Dave Clark

If it helps, I have the Pure Bulk Mg hydroxide powder. One gram yields 436 mg of elemental Mg. When I weighed one tablespoon of the powder on my Tri-beam, it weighed 6 grams. So, that would be about 2 grams/teaspoon, since there are three teaspoons in a tablespoon.

Vileplume

everyone has some things for which they’re not smart. Don’t say you’re not smart. You are smart.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals