Magnesium Bicarbonate Coffee/juice

Rah

Was wondering you’re thoughts of using magnesium bicarbonate water for making coffee ( would the coffee filter it out ) and for the diluting concentrated oj.

RealNeat

Was wondering you’re thoughts of using magnesium bicarbonate water for making coffee ( would the coffee filter it out ) and for the diluting concentrated oj.

Bicarbonate is heat sensitive and will start to become sodium carbonate around 122F.

stokesman

Have you tried it, Rah? Anytime I've mixed magnesium bicarbonate water with juice, it fizzes. As I understand it the fizz is the carbon being is released from the bond with magnesium resulting with magnesium citrate (or malate/tartrate/whatever acids the juice contains). Which may not be as beneficial as the mag bicarbonate, I don't know.

It might be fun to try with coffee. Probably better as pour over, not in a machine since it might make a mess with all the fizz. I'd guess you may end up with some more exotic salt of magnesium like chlorogenate and/or others in the coffee. I don't think the coffee grounds would retain the magnesium anymore than it retains the water (a bit). I also don't know if the heat would drive off any carbon or take the magnesium out of solution during heating of the water. I would guess not to any significant degree.

OP
R

Rah

Have you tried it, Rah? Anytime I've mixed magnesium bicarbonate water with juice, it fizzes. As I understand it the fizz is the carbon being is released from the bond with magnesium resulting with magnesium citrate (or malate/tartrate/whatever acids the juice contains). Which may not be as beneficial as the mag bicarbonate, I don't know.

It might be fun to try with coffee. Probably better as pour over, not in a machine since it might make a mess with all the fizz. I'd guess you may end up with some more exotic salt of magnesium like chlorogenate and/or others in the coffee. I don't think the coffee grounds would retain the magnesium anymore than it retains the water (a bit). I also don't know if the heat would drive off any carbon or take the magnesium out of solution during heating of the water. I would guess not to any significant degree.

I haven’t tried it with juice yet but plan on trying. I tried it with the Moka pot it tasted fine but in the bottom chamber where you put the water it left what looks like salty cyrstals or something. Just trying to condense my liquids so I can get more nutrients from less.

RealNeat

I haven’t tried it with juice yet but plan on trying. I tried it with the Moka pot it tasted fine but in the bottom chamber where you put the water it left what looks like salty cyrstals or something. Just trying to condense my liquids so I can get more nutrients from less.
That's because when you heat up Mag bicarb too high it becomes Mag carbonate, water and CO2.

stokesman

Well, I guess one could always try cold brewing the coffee, which sounds like something I might like to try.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals