Magnesium Bicarbonate Burdens My Kidneys And Urinary Bladder

peatyfoody

Can magnesium bicarbonate burden my kidneys?? I prepared the bicarbonate and drank app. 2 dl every day. I still have minor muscle cramps though, and I am experiencing an UTI like feeling... peeing does not burn and hurt, but it is like my urinary bladder were swollen and have increased need to pee and I look like as I was bloated but it is my bladder indeed. It is horrible... but it helps a lot with my tendency towards constipation. @Travis @Dan Wich ?

yerrag

How much elemental magnesium is in the 2 dl every day? What is 2 dl? Is it 2/10 liter? I've taken as much as 900 mg magnesium per day with magnesium bicarbonate before. I didn't have any reaction to it for a week of drinking that much, but I stopped it when my urine pH turned high at 8.

Actually, I may have increased my urination rate. The acid-base balance turned alkalotic and for a few days I was urinating a lot, even disturbing my sleep. It's mainly because of the bicarbonates causing the alkalinity. On the other hand, mangesium and vit b6 is useful for dissolving calcium-based kidney stones.

OP
P

peatyfoody

Sorry, it is around 6-7 oz. Soo it should contain 40-44x6-7 mg, between 240-308 mg.

Can magnesium bicarbonate burden my kidneys?? I prepared the bicarbonate and drank app. 2 dl every day. I still have minor muscle cramps though, and I am experiencing an UTI like feeling... peeing does not burn and hurt, but it is like my urinary bladder were swollen and have increased need to pee and I look like as I was bloated but it is my bladder indeed. It is horrible... but it helps a lot with my tendency towards constipation. @Travis @Dan Wich ?

I am wondering if it is creating an alkaline pH which would encourage fungal infections and is Not Good.

OP
P

peatyfoody

I should maybe add that anything that promotes hormonal imbalance, like when I was taking too much T3, gives me UTI...
I would be sorry though if it is the case that you mentioned guys with alkalinity, because it makes me go like nobody´s business.... no type of magnesium, anything worked so well for my regularity before. I can even tolerate starch wo problems... they just do not give me constipation..Peat-friendly starches of course.

Travis

I am not too sure about high doses of magnesium, as I've always felt a bit off after even topical MgCl. I had drank some MgSO₄ recently and I wouldn't recommend high doses, which is possible on account of its high solubility in water. I would imagine that magnesium would dilate renal tubules just as it does nearly everything else besides the pupils; I have even read that it can double blood flow to the brain. I think it can certainly be useful but needs to be appreciated as being a more potent that other physiological ions.

Elize

Magnesium lowered my cortisol too much and triggered adrenal problems. Causing hair loss, shakiness and frequent urination as well as muscle spasms as it depletes calcium

yerrag

Magnesium lowered my cortisol too much and triggered adrenal problems. Causing hair loss, shakiness and frequent urination as well as muscle spasms as it depletes calcium
How did you make the connection? What form of magnesium was it? It matters what the anion used is.

Elize

I became very shaky, urinated a lot. I tried various forms. Citrate, glicinate, sulfate, Theonate. Making me sweat like mad, sleepy and drained

yerrag

I became very shaky, urinated a lot. I tried various forms. Citrate, glicinate, sulfate, Theonate. Making me sweat like mad, sleepy and drained
How much elemental magnesium are you taking daily?

Perhaps the sleepiness and being drained is due to your sleep being disturbed by the frequent urination.

Do you check your pulse to see if you are having irregular heart beats? If you don't know to check, another way is to use a blood pressure monitor that detects irregular heart beat. My Omron does that and when I take magnesium, I would occasionally, actually frequently see my heart rate becoming irregular. I take a banana each time and it's gone.

As for feeling shaky, you may want to try taking some sugar with it. Glycine and threonine are amino acids, and they could be lowering your blood sugar.

Are you taking your magnesium supplements with meals or outside of meals?

vulture

I’m preparing Mg bicarbonate with carbonated water and milk of magnesia (Mg hidroxide). If I add a certain amount of Mg hidroxide does the Mg stay in the same concentration? I mean, let’s suppose I used 100 mg of Mg hidroxide per 1 glass of water, result is 100 mg of Mg bicarbonate?
I notice that if I take “too much” I get loose stools, I usually take about 150 to 200 ml. I add 3 tbsp of milk of magnesia (45 ml milk of magnesia into 1.5 liter of carbonated water), my stools are usually soft, it’s not a consistent turd, specially if I drink my Mg at night. No negatives to report, so far

yerrag

I’m preparing Mg bicarbonate with carbonated water and milk of magnesia (Mg hidroxide). If I add a certain amount of Mg hidroxide does the Mg stay in the same concentration? I mean, let’s suppose I used 100 mg of Mg hidroxide per 1 glass of water, result is 100 mg of Mg bicarbonate?
I notice that if I take “too much” I get loose stools, I usually take about 150 to 200 ml. I add 3 tbsp of milk of magnesia (45 ml milk of magnesia into 1.5 liter of carbonated water), my stools are usually soft, it’s not a consistent turd, specially if I drink my Mg at night. No negatives to report, so far
Did you seal mixture and shake it in a PET bottle? The bottle should deflate from the CO2 being used up in the reaction.

And who you let it sit for say 10 minutes, do you see it being transparent or just slightly cloudy? Or is it white, no milky white but a heavy translucent white? Should be the former.

And does the magnesium hydroxide eventually settle down? That would mean the reaction wasn't complete and more CO2 is needed.

The problem with using store bought carbonated water is that you can't recarbonate and shake again, and so on until you get all magnesium hydroxide to react.

The unreacted magnesium hydroxide isn't easily absorbed, stays in the gut, and this causes looser bowel movement. This is the less preferred method of facilitating looser bowel movement. The preferred way is to absorb magnesium into our system and this gives energy to the contractual movement of intestinal muscles, called peristalsis, and this causes bowel to travel to the a us and out.

vulture

Did you seal mixture and shake it in a PET bottle? The bottle should deflate from the CO2 being used up in the reaction.

And who you let it sit for say 10 minutes, do you see it being transparent or just slightly cloudy? Or is it white, no milky white but a heavy translucent white? Should be the former.

And does the magnesium hydroxide eventually settle down? That would mean the reaction wasn't complete and more CO2 is needed.

The problem with using store bought carbonated water is that you can't recarbonate and shake again, and so on until you get all magnesium hydroxide to react.

The unreacted magnesium hydroxide isn't easily absorbed, stays in the gut, and this causes looser bowel movement. This is the less preferred method of facilitating looser bowel movement. The preferred way is to absorb magnesium into our system and this gives energy to the contractual movement of intestinal muscles, called peristalsis, and this causes bowel to travel to the a us and out.
I add the Mg hidroxide, shake, let it sit 30 min, shake, and water seems “thicker”, but not white. Nothing settles down.
I don’t feel like if I have diarrhea, is just that when I normally go to the bathroom, stools are pretty soft.

Dave Clark

I mentioned in another thread, to prevent the water being too alkaline, instead of adding 333 ml of concentrate to the gallon of water (which when I tested it in my lab at work came out to about 8.6), add only about 100 ml to the gallon, the resulting water will be close to 7 neutral, and then you won't have a problem with over alkalizing. Although, you won't be able to rely on that water for your magnesium, I would think you would want to supplement some additional magnesium.

yerrag

I add the Mg hidroxide, shake, let it sit 30 min, shake, and water seems “thicker”, but not white. Nothing settles down.
I don’t feel like if I have diarrhea, is just that when I normally go to the bathroom, stools are pretty soft.
100 mg if a small amount and shouldn't have much effect, at least in my case. Especially when the elemental magnesium is only 24.3/58.3 or 42% or 42 mg.

Here's how clear my magnesium bicarbonate is at a dilution of 300mg/100ml (3mg/ml) of water:

Attachments

• 20181106_211356.jpg
    20181106_211356.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 36

vulture

100 mg if a small amount and shouldn't have much effect, at least in my case. Especially when the elemental magnesium is only 24.3/58.3 or 42% or 42 mg.

Here's how clear my magnesium bicarbonate is at a dilution of 300mg/100ml (3mg/ml) of water:
That’s a little bit even more concentrated than mine. And mine looks almost equal to regular water. I drink usually about 50 to 75 ml with 200 ml of extra regular water. But I have taken it without extra water without issues

yerrag

That’s a little bit even more concentrated than mine. And mine looks almost equal to regular water. I drink usually about 50 to 75 ml with 200 ml of extra regular water. But I have taken it without extra water without issues
Adding more water is just to minimize the taste, although more concentrated magbicarb doesn't taste bad or off. I've drank hard water and hard water tastes much more distinct and takes more getting used to.

I've taken 1000mg/day without bowel becoming too soft at the start, but as my magnesium stores increase over time, I've had to adjust lower gradually so now I'm at 700 mg/day.

If your mg bicarb solution is clear, then you're more assured that you're not taking in magnesium hydroxide. Magnesium hydroxide doesn't absorb well and gives loose stools more readily. We don't want this effect.

Last edited:

vulture

Adding more water is just to minimize the taste, although more concentrated magbicarb doesn't taste bad or off. I've drank hard water and hard water tastes much more distinct and takes more getting used to.

I've taken 1000mg/day without bowel becoming too soft at the start, but as my magnesium stores increase over time, I've had to adjust lower gradually so now I'm at 700 mg/day.

If your mg bicarb solution is clear, then you're more assured that you're than taking in magnesium hydroxide. Magnesium hydroxide doesn't absorb well and gives loose stools more readily. We don't want this effect.
In a video of a body builder he said is supposed to look clear, not full of sediments. It’s definintely not white. It’s water, but tastes strangely. I could drink it without diluting it.

yerrag

If your mg bicarb solution is clear, then you're more assured that you're than taking in magnesium hydroxide. Magnesium hydroxide doesn't absorb well and gives loose stools more readily. We don't want this effect.

Typo. Should be "...then you're more assured that you're not taking in magnesium hydroxide."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals