Magnesium Ascorbate

yerrag

Has anyone ever used magnesium ascorbate? I'm interested in trying this out because it's a double - you get both magnesium and ascorbic acid. Or is this like a low-hanging fruit?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Elemental magnesium is only 6.5% of the molecule though. More useful if you are also to ingest plenty of ascorbic acid.

I was thinking that I would benefit from its use because both magnesium and ascorbic acid, in significant quantities, can chelate lead from my tissues.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

The ascorbate portion alone costs less than an equivalent amount of ascorbic acid. I'm comparing powder to powder. So, it's like I'm paying for ascorbic acid, and the magnesium is free.

I'll have to order this and use it to see if it works for me.

The ascorbate portion alone costs less than an equivalent amount of ascorbic acid. I'm comparing powder to powder. So, it's like I'm paying for ascorbic acid, and the magnesium is free.

I'll have to order this and use it to see if it works for me.
@yerrag Was this a worthwhile supplement or not.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I made it mixing magnesium carbonate and ascorbic aid in water. But I'd rather take magnesium bicarbonate (make it myself with magnesium hydroxide and seltzer water). And then take ascorbic acid. I'd have to use twice the amount of ascorbic acid to make ascorbate to get the same potency in straight ascorbic acid.

But if your gut doesn't go well taking ascorbic acid, taking an ascorbate would be better because it's less acidic.

reality

Bumping this

Any experiences with mag ascorbate? I agree with your thinking it’s a good way to get both mag and ascorbic acid

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I stopped doing this because I'd have to take this in one shot or else the ascorbate will turn into metabolites in an irreversible reaction if I don't take it immediately after the reaction of mag carb and ascorbic acid in water.

But I can't take more than 500mg of ascorbic acid at one time because the stomach cells won't absorb more than 500mg of ascorbic acid at one time.

ddjd

I stopped doing this because I'd have to take this in one shot or else the ascorbate will turn into metabolites in an irreversible reaction if I don't take it immediately after the reaction of mag carb and ascorbic acid in water.

But I can't take more than 500mg of ascorbic acid at one time because the stomach cells won't absorb more than 500mg of ascorbic acid at one time.
I mixed around 2g ascorbic acid with a flat tablespoon of magnesium carbonate, really nice effects!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals