Mae-Wan Ho Has Passed Away

burtlancast

There is more here.
Mae-Wan Ho - Publications

The golden mean articles are interesting.
Her earlier work from the 70's is there, less speculation it seems.

Seems neither of her 202 publications have been referenced in Pubmed.
It's not really pure science: just opinion.

Drareg

I think the pure science is open to opinion to be fair. Theoretical is allowed.

Either way you can take or leave her work, she strings things together very well in my opinion.
She partook in rainbow work images and wrote good book around it, living rainbow h2o is another great book. They are not written in textbook fashion so I'm sure new agey types will interpret them the wrong way.

Many reject it because she brings her own personal hope and Artisitic bent to it.
If she didn't do this she might get more coverage in the mainstream, probably her weakness was maintaining the discipline here, many others like Gerald Pollack may feel the same, this emotion,excitement, passion and speculation must be allowed at some point within the right context. more than anything the speculation.

burtlancast

I've posted here because i've tried to take a look at her work and couldn't understand what she was really trying to say.

Pollack, on the other hand, is clear as crystal. He let's facts speak for themselves.
Maybe this is why he gets cited by Pubmed.

Parsifal

I've posted here because i've tried to take a look at her work and couldn't understand what she was really trying to say.

Pollack, on the other hand, is clear as crystal. He let's facts speak for themselves.

Have you read her book "The Rainbow And The Worm"?

Drareg

Yes Pollack has a lot of research done and his work is very good. He has some interesting stuff on magnetism also.
Many people have done great work in the past and were ignored, there work was later discovered.
Gilbert Ling does not get the recognition he deserves.
Mae Wan Ho is stringing together others work and brings her own theory into it. She is more theoretical.
I think her main goal is to move the establishment along because it behaves like a cult.

Perhaps it takes a certain type of creative openness to understand her ideas? I absolutely love what she has to say, her escape from mechanistic reductionist thinking strikes a chord with me personally. It's an outstanding perspective to be sure....simply beautiful and utterly refreshing.

burtlancast

Have you read her book "The Rainbow And The Worm"?

I actually won't; each time i hear the word "quantum" i run for the hills.
Very often it's full of new-age mysticism, and some Amazon reviews agree with me.

Here's what her publisher says about her:
After obtaining her PhD in Biochemistry, Hong Kong University, Mae-Wan Ho embarked on a distinguished research career that included a postdoctoral fellowship in Neurosciences, University of California at San Diego, Fellowship of the National Genetics Foundation, USA. Senior Research Fellow in Biochemistry, University of London, Lecturer in Genetics then Reader in Biology, Open University. Her research evolved through biochemistry to molecular genetics, non-Darwinian evolution, and since 1988, the physics of living organization, defining a new field with the present book, widely acclaimed by serious scientists across the disciplines and by non-scientists alike.

Yet, she publishes mostly opinions !

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity burtlancast, have you ever done LSD or psylocibin mushrooms? Or fasted on nothing but water for at least three days? Or meditated?

burtlancast

There's nothing wrong with mysticism. It's probably a phase in life everybody goes through.
But mixing it with science isn't a good idea in my opinion, especially if the said scientific material tends to be repressed by orthodox powers.

Henry

It was colon cancer. It hit her hard and fast.

We just posted about it on the facebook page for our film.

Colon cancer is pretty well treatable with surgery and chemo nowadays, life expectancy of several years. Did she reject traditional treatments?

Drareg

There's nothing wrong with mysticism. It's probably a phase in life everybody goes through.
But mixing it with science isn't a good idea in my opinion, especially if the said scientific material tends to be repressed by orthodox powers.

You should read Roger Penrose if you want a well balanced scientific view. He has a new book coming in 2016 called fashion,faith and fantasy where he is criticising the behaviour you are getting at, he does not mind people who wish to speculate but he is aiming more at popularisers with a PHD making a fortune.
Quantum Physics is questionable ,it could be just as easy be magnetism they Are observing ,Penrose in his new book supposedly has a few opinions of what it may be.

In saying that ,The geometry and golden mean are well grounded in science, Mae Wan Ho's theory is very good and worth the book price, she has information on all the researchers work she uses within it.
Her theories on water are worth looking at, they are opinions worth the time Imo.
Ray Peat cites here I believe?

XPlus

I think the pure science is open to opinion to be fair.

I agree.
Finding Peat was the tipping point for me to believe in something called "science" as it is.
This may be an extreme view but just like science it's an opinion. For the sake of sincerity, I'll call it "a little less or more validated opinion".

Just out of curiosity burtlancast, have you ever done LSD or psylocibin mushrooms? Or fasted on nothing but water for at least three days? Or meditated?

Funny you mention LSD. It was the one thing made me to come to this realisation:
Everything is an opinion. Some are better than others.

Next hit I might get to fulfill more prophecies.
RIP Mae Ho Wan

Last edited:

It's not really about mysticism, at least not how I would define mysticism (some sort of woo woo religious stuff).

It's more about expanding the vastly underused portions of the right hemisphere...to think about things differently, in a more expansive wholistic manner.

Step to the right of your left hemisphere, there's a TON of insight to be had.

It's not really about mysticism, at least not how I would define mysticism (some sort of woo woo religious stuff).

It's more about expanding the vastly underused portions of the right hemisphere...to think about things differently, in a more expansive wholistic manner.

Step to the right of your left hemisphere, there's a TON of insight to be had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralization_of_brain_function#Pop_psychology said:
Popular psychology considers each hemisphere an unique brain that is called upon to serve their lateralized functions. This belief has lead to ideas such as ‘right-brain and left-brain’ dominating popular belief. This stance, however, is rooted in the misinterpretation of studies done in the early 2000s and has since been fully disproven. Ironically these ideas held denote LHS as the 'logical brain' and RHS as the 'creative brain' which, even in the most generalized sense, is opposite the truth.

:artist::bookworm:

tara

How much of Peat's research and writing have you found on Pubmed?

Colon cancer is pretty well treatable with surgery and chemo nowadays, life expectancy of several years. Did she reject traditional treatments?
I think success (5 year survival since discovery) with these standard treatments where I am is somewhere between 50-75%. I don't know that we have world-best practice here. Do you live somewhere where the 5 year survival rate is 100%? How early it's detected apparently makes a big difference. Maybe they didn't find it till late. I knew someone who died within three weeks of detection. I also know some survivors.

burtlancast

How much of Peat's research and writing have you found on Pubmed?

Oral absorption of progesterone. - PubMed - NCBI

Estrogen stimulated pathway changes and cold-inactivated enzymes. - PubMed - NCBI

The first article is probably the one industry people have used to sell progesterone mixed in Vitamin E without giving Ray any credit.

And the (big) difference between Ray and Mae is Ray published his own material then expanded on it, while Mae never published anything new on her own and relied instead on other's people work.

Adding some new age mysticism along the way.

Last edited:

Henry

I think success (5 year survival since discovery) with these standard treatments where I am is somewhere between 50-75%. I don't know that we have world-best practice here. Do you live somewhere where the 5 year survival rate is 100%? How early it's detected apparently makes a big difference. Maybe they didn't find it till late. I knew someone who died within three weeks of detection. I also know some survivors.

Yes, it also depends on the stage of the cancer. 5 year survival over 90% in stage 1, down to 25-40% in stage 4. We dont know which stage she was, but I was just wondering.

Xisca

It is better explained by the 3 brains than the 2 hemispheres! Anyway, the cortex is the most recent brain and does not do all.
Science is about cortex. you understand with cortex.

But you have no access to many other things with it!
All that is spiritual, or you can say mystic, is what you can feel through the autonomic nervous system.
The irony is that it is said by neuro-science...
All that is spiritual, and even religious in the part that is not dogmatic, is a way to manipulate in ourselves what cannot be accessed by our cortex.
This part works mainly with imagination, to make some physical changes.
When Peat talks about William Blakes, he is transmitting a lot of knowlege about this way of doing.
Can art instruct science?
Guess you read this article by Peat?

You know what, about religion and my understanding.....
"I hope they will never prove the existence of god, or else I will have to look some something else to believe."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom