Made A Mistake [potatoes, Endotoxin, Solanin]

J

j.

Mittir said:
I am still bit confused. There are too many ifs in the statement. Is it about digestion problem or money problem?
Would he have respond like this if potato was an expensive food?

I think he is saying if you have little money, that might be the most bang for your buck. If you have more money, you might wanna take something else to avoid the alkaloids blah blah blah.

Jenn

How you store the potato and type of potato makes a difference too. Even a starchy potato will convert to sugar at the right storage temp...starch is merely the storage form of glucose. Red potatoes have pectin based starch ,that;s why they are "waxy" and russet type potatoes have amylose based starch. Again, my son doesn't like red potatoes.

He has no sense of smell, so I wouldn't call him a super taster, but he definitely is in tune with his body's reaction to foods.

postman

I know this is a very old post but do you remember what oil you used and what temperature you fried the potato in? According to some studies I've seen frying potatoes in 150 degrees celcius is pretty meaningless in terms of breaking down/siphoning out the solanine. However frying in 180-190 degrees celcius or more is supposedly very effective. If you fried them in coconut oil it might have not been warm enough to fix the solanine problem because the smoking point of coconut oil is relatively low.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I know this is a very old post but do you remember what oil you used and what temperature you fried the potato in? According to some studies I've seen frying potatoes in 150 degrees celcius is pretty meaningless in terms of breaking down/siphoning out the solanine. However frying in 180-190 degrees celcius or more is supposedly very effective. If you fried them in coconut oil it might have not been warm enough to fix the solanine problem because the smoking point of coconut oil is relatively low.
I used coconut oil. Not sure what temp though. I always fried right below the temp the coconut oil would smoke.

postman

I used coconut oil. Not sure what temp though. I always fried right below the temp the coconut oil would smoke.
Interesting. Thanks for replying. I might try to do a bit of experimenting with this. Potatoes feel so good in my stomach, it digests better than anything else except for maybe raw meat. However the solanine knocks me out for days. I really want to find a solution to this.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Interesting. Thanks for replying. I might try to do a bit of experimenting with this. Potatoes feel so good in my stomach, it digests better than anything else except for maybe raw meat. However the solanine knocks me out for days. I really want to find a solution to this.
Gotta get good taters. You can tell a lot from the look and maybe most importantly the smell. Then I would peel them fairly deep to get most of the toxins out.

postman

Gotta get good taters. You can tell a lot from the look and maybe most importantly the smell. Then I would peel them fairly deep to get most of the toxins out.
I read an old article about the peeling thing, an expert recommended people to peel about 5 mm deep. That's a lot. I forgot to save the link.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals