Made a lemonade with methylene blue and psilocybin

Botanical Exper

This recipe combines a water extraction of Psilocybe mushrooms with edible acids, and methylene blue. Since MB is a MAO Inhibitor, it does prevent psilocybin to be broken down too fast.
While our stomach acid will "activate" psilocybin in the digestive system, edible acids can speed up the process. Here I use citric and ascorbic acid from citrus and acetic acid from vinegar.
Here is the link to the recipe Putting a little bit of acid blue in everything I do

Greg says

This recipe combines a water extraction of Psilocybe mushrooms with edible acids, and methylene blue. Since MB is a MAO Inhibitor, it does prevent psilocybin to be broken down too fast.
While our stomach acid will "activate" psilocybin in the digestive system, edible acids can speed up the process. Here I use citric and ascorbic acid from citrus and acetic acid from vinegar.
Here is the link to the recipe Putting a little bit of acid blue in everything I do
???

Attachments

• 2C5B9ABE-E9D4-4CF3-A290-BF029CB4E1A3.jpeg
    2C5B9ABE-E9D4-4CF3-A290-BF029CB4E1A3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

PeskyPeater

Cool stuff. I used tianeptine with methylene blue at it's antidepressant dose and their combined effects were stunning. Very good mood and an euphoric body high I've never encountered before.

[edit] unfortunately the tianeptine had negative effects on my brain, an ex-SSRI user, I think by upregulating the AMPA receptors that increase glutaminergic signaling, I think with the changes made by the SSRI on the GABA/glutamine system, I ended up having super sensitive hearing that made me have exaggerated startle response from sudden loud noises. It was terrible, had to use earplugs everywhere it took almost a year to recover from that.

Last edited:

RealNeat

You provide this quote in your article,

"Because of the potential risk of Serotonin Syndrome (a life threatening condition) do not combine Methylene Blue OF ANY DOSE with SSRIs, SNRIs or drugs that increase serotonin levels like psilocybin."

But isn't that exactly what you are doing in this recipe?

OP
Botanical Exper

Botanical Exper

Yes it is a warning! I liked the mix, but its not like I drink this everyday. The amounts are tiny but it could go wrong for a lot of people. This is just me tinkering. Do not see this as advice, more like a field notes, tinkering log entry. Thanks for reading ? I appreciate it
"Because of the potential risk of Serotonin Syndrome (a life threatening condition) do not combine Methylene Blue OF ANY DOSE with SSRIs, SNRIs or drugs that increase serotonin levels like psilocybin."

Makrosky

Word of caution: I think this can increase the potency of the psylocibin several fold so be careful with the dose.

OP
Botanical Exper

Botanical Exper

yes that is the idea, to use micro amounts of both to increase the potency and create a "minimum effective dose". The edible acids do increase the potency as well it seems
Word of caution: I think this can increase the potency of the psylocibin several fold so be careful with the dose.

DonLore

You provide this quote in your article,

I dont think psilocybin increases serotonin per se, at least not in any way near that things like MDMA, or tramadol does. Shrooms seem to have a net-dopaminergic and anti-serotonergic effect, altough its more complicates than that