'Mad Fruit' - Indeed

Peater

Just wondered if anyone else has had bad experiences after eating figs? Funnily enough both times I ate them recently, I had trouble sleeping and intense anxiety.

I tried Googling to find more about it but the only references lead back to RP pages!

Filip1993

I usually feel pretty bad when eating to much fruit fiber, especially dried fruit. I try to keep raw fiber to a minimum.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can't eat dried fruit at all! I know others seem fine with it so it may just be an individual thing.

pboy

figs are delicious but most aren't ripe, have dust or dirt or something on them, were dried too much to the point they are leathery, or somehow not optimal. Also the seeds are potentially an irritant. They have a tendency to cause gas and loose stool...which is why they are known as a laxative. A pretty good food with a high potential, but not really as a calorie source, moreso a medicinal or flavor adding compound...if you eat too much there is a good chance of having gastric irritation. If you soak them in water for an hour or a few hours they are a lot softer and easier to eat, or cook them for a little...and if you can remove any really tough portions. I used to eat a lot of figs...don't know how, but I really love the flavor, I just cant really do it anymore or theres a chance a portion of my day might be ruined or made difficult by the digestion of them