Macular Degeneration in young age - pls help

mrchibbs

Bright white light is good? I thought warm light is best

During the day, bright white light feels good, but at night, warm light is more comfortable. I think the most important criteria is the overall amount of light in terms of lux, how bright your environment is. For example an overcast day is around 1000 lux while a typical room is 50-100 lux. A sunny day outside is 10000-20000 lux.

Basically, the idea is to make your room as bright as possible, in the most efficient way you can. We're trying to artificially recreate long summer days, when the restorative processes of the body are at their peak. Incandescent is always the best choice, fuller spectrum, but running 4 x 250W 18hours a day is going to be massively expensive.

mrchibbs

artlange

Anybody has / had this? Could you give me advice what helps? I don’t want to end up blind on this eye.
I have heard that C60 helped vision in a youTube video. I have completely stopped PUFA and am full Ray Peat inspired diet. Only saturated fat. I've been taking C60 in refined coconut oil for about 3 years and after a year or so my vision seemed to improve (colors seemed to be more saturated) but that is hard to evaluate with no objective measurements. About 6 months ago had an eye exam with a retinal scan. My right eye was normal and my left eye showed a small amount of thinning of the macula. I have kept taking C60, and now that I have a measurement, I will schedule a repeat exam in about 3 months to see if there are any changes. My hope is my left eye will improve and the right eye stay the same.

OP
M

Motif

I have heard that C60 helped vision in a youTube video. I have completely stopped PUFA and am full Ray Peat inspired diet. Only saturated fat. I've been taking C60 in refined coconut oil for about 3 years and after a year or so my vision seemed to improve (colors seemed to be more saturated) but that is hard to evaluate with no objective measurements. About 6 months ago had an eye exam with a retinal scan. My right eye was normal and my left eye showed a small amount of thinning of the macula. I have kept taking C60, and now that I have a measurement, I will schedule a repeat exam in about 3 months to see if there are any changes. My hope is my left eye will improve and the right eye stay the same.
Please let us know then.

OP
M

Motif

During the day, bright white light feels good, but at night, warm light is more comfortable. I think the most important criteria is the overall amount of light in terms of lux, how bright your environment is. For example an overcast day is around 1000 lux while a typical room is 50-100 lux. A sunny day outside is 10000-20000 lux.

Basically, the idea is to make your room as bright as possible, in the most efficient way you can. We're trying to artificially recreate long summer days, when the restorative processes of the body are at their peak. Incandescent is always the best choice, fuller spectrum, but running 4 x 250W 18hours a day is going to be massively expensive.
What about those daylight lamps with 10 000 lux?

mrchibbs

What about those daylight lamps with 10 000 lux?
They help when its cloudy outside.
Any idea how to improve bloodflow to the eyes?
Red light therapy, thyroid supplementation, thiamine supplementation etc.

Basically increasing energy/thyroid will increase carbon dioxide, will increase vasodilation and blood flow.

Apple

How is it going? Any improvements?

artlange

I had a second macular scan in June 2021 a year after the first scan. I have been taking C60 daily for the last three years, and don't have any pre-C60 scans. A comparison of similar regions in each eye of the 2020 scan to the current 2021 scan showed a thickening in all regional measurements in each eye. From my point of view, as a 79 yom the C60 (and all of the other Peat inspired foods) has increased my macula in both eyes, and my subjective assesment is my vision is good.

I had a second macular scan in June 2021 a year after the first scan. I have been taking C60 daily for the last three years, and don't have any pre-C60 scans. A comparison of similar regions in each eye of the 2020 scan to the current 2021 scan showed a thickening in all regional measurements in each eye. From my point of view, as a 79 yom the C60 (and all of the other Peat inspired foods) has increased my macula in both eyes, and my subjective assesment is my vision is good.

That’s fantastic!

Birdie

I just ordered some of the coconut oil C60. I have some type of early Macular Degeneration that was dxd a few years back, and have been noticing more wavy lines when looking at the shower tiles. So...

I should add that I've just started the red light therapy via sitting with the sun on my closed eyes for 5 or 10 min.