Macrophi INC From Japan Calls LPS "immuno Vitamin"

Just a random find searching for some LPS related info. Actually terrifying. They advocate for pre-mixturing LPS to food and cosmetics, seriously. They say "Therefore, when you take antibiotics, you are advised to take LPS as well." LPS treats obesity they say, omg. They say helps Alzheimer patients too. Call me a fear mongering alarmist but we gonna see soon potato chips with LPS added in Whole Foods.

From their about page:
"Our company name, “Macrophi” is derived from “Mφ; macrophages”. Macrophages are cells that all multicellular organisms possess, and play a central role in innate immunity. In the process of research on macrophages, we found that natural consumption of LPS in the environment safely activates macrophages in the body and thus innate immunity, helping to prevent health troubles and recover from trouble. Currently, we are the only company in the world to provide LPS blended for food and cosmetics. By focusing on innate immunity, macrophages, and LPS, we aim to provide products and services that contribute to human health."

About Us / Macrophi Inc. | LPS material | innate immunity | R&D

Well, talking seriously, everything is in context and probably there some situations to be managed with addition of LPS. Takes a few minutes to read through their pages anyway.

CLASH

@methylenewhite
This is interesting, thanks.
LPS is a potent immune stimulant and in some research it is thought that antibiotics lead to super infection not due to a loss of species inhabiting niches in the intestine that allow for pathogens to come in but because the antibiotics reliably lower LPS which then leads to a decrease in immune function and subsequent allowance of pathogens to thrive. I have seen reports of using large doses of LPS to eliminate cancer via immune activation. Potent stimulators of the TLR’s are mushrooms, which are used for cancer, infection and general immunity. I think there could be some merit to using LPS and/or mushrooms and/or probiotics (all modulators of TLR’s) in certain context to activate the immune system and clear chronic latent infections/ prevent complications from antibiotics/ treat cancer. I think the issue with LPS is chronic sublethal exposure from an infection in the intestine overtime, this is essentially what all autoimmune diseases, diabetes, obesity and heart disease are (amplified by our dear friend PUFA of course). Adding LPS to food seems a bit misguided at best, especially considering its already in a decent amount of foods and the bacteria in our intestine can make it just fine (just eat pure fructose by itself).

On a tangential note nany people talk about saturated fats increasing endotoxin postprandially acutely. I think this is a good thing as it clears LPS from the intestine for detox, allows for the immune system to get a sampling of the gut environment and modulate its function, wipes out/ removes (in conjunction with bile acids) excess bacteria and protects the intestinal epitheium and the liver. The interaction with saturated fat, biles acids, lipoproteins, endotoxin, the liver and the lymphatic system seems to be very beneficial overall, where saturated/ monounsaturated fats seem to function in multiple pathways that strongly protect the body from bacteria and endotoxin.

Check this out: Part Five: Cholesterol, Leaky Gut, Endotoxemia and Heart Disease