Macronutrient distribution

Vins7

This image is an average day in my diet currently.

I would like to know what they would change. Am I overdoing my fat intake? Should I eat more carbohydrates and less fat?

The main foods are fresh and semi-cured cheese, whole or semi-skimmed milk, bread, orange and clementine juice, liver or pork, beef, butter, olive oil, rice cakes, refined sugar, fried potatoes in real olive oil , banana, kiwi, non-grass-fed eggs (I cant buy grassfed), plenty of salt and supplemental magnesium.

I must explain that because of my symptoms (non-existent libido, bad rest, hands get cold quickly, hair thinner than 5 years ago, abdominal bloating, constipation, gas that is difficult to expel) I believe that I have been in a hypometabolic state for a long time.

I am 1.77 meters tall and I weigh 64-66kg, I am 25 years old. I consume about 2000-2500 calories, it depends on the day.

What do you think? I would apreciate your advice and opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-23-22-31-21-642_com.myfitnesspal.android.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-23-22-31-21-642_com.myfitnesspal.android.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 61
OP
V

Vins7

I would apreciate if someone tell me if this macronutrient distribution and food is a good starting point for someone with hypothyroid symptoms

TradClare

I personally get more energy and heat from higher carbs, lower fat, lower meat. And I would cut the olive oil. You can use coconut oil and coconut milk if you want higher fat

OP
V

Vins7

I personally get more energy and heat from higher carbs, lower fat, lower meat. And I would cut the olive oil. You can use coconut oil and coconut milk if you want higher fat
Thank you TradClar.

How many carbs do you think that are enough for someone with my caracteristics? I'm not dure when It would be too many.

TradClare

Back before I knew about Ray Peat, I rescued my thyroid on a very high fruit, low fat vegetarian diet with supplemental iodine. I wouldn't recommend that long term. I had been eating high fat lower carb before that and needed prescription thyroid. My doctor was concerned because each year my prescription was getting a little stronger. I was in my thirties and ready for a drastic change. I ramped off the thyroid, used iodine, and pounded the carbs. I was rewarded with tons of energy and got even leaner. My main foods were bananas, dates, smoothies, fresh and dried fruits, and some cooked potatoes and rice. In time I added some proteins. Restricting carbs is never the answer in my opinion. I don't think you need to worry about "too many" carbs.

redsun

This image is an average day in my diet currently.

I would like to know what they would change. Am I overdoing my fat intake? Should I eat more carbohydrates and less fat?

The main foods are fresh and semi-cured cheese, whole or semi-skimmed milk, bread, orange and clementine juice, liver or pork, beef, butter, olive oil, rice cakes, refined sugar, fried potatoes in real olive oil , banana, kiwi, non-grass-fed eggs (I cant buy grassfed), plenty of salt and supplemental magnesium.

I must explain that because of my symptoms (non-existent libido, bad rest, hands get cold quickly, hair thinner than 5 years ago, abdominal bloating, constipation, gas that is difficult to expel) I believe that I have been in a hypometabolic state for a long time.

I am 1.77 meters tall and I weigh 64-66kg, I am 25 years old. I consume about 2000-2500 calories, it depends on the day.

What do you think? I would apreciate your advice and opinion.

With these ratios you are carb burning but keep running out because you aren't consuming enough. And then you consume all this fat thats not going to maintain blood sugar. You need to consume 300g minimum to up to 400g+ carbs daily throughout the day.

Your hands get cold quickly because your get hypoglycemic quickly due to lack of carbs. Low liver glycogen also makes sleep worse... testosterone (libido) suffers if you get poor sleep and don't consume enough carbohydrates. Carbohydrates should almost entirely be from whole foods if possible. A good B-complex can help raise testosterone and libido, but your carb needs may even be higher on it (which is fine, you just need to prepare and have enough carbs). White rice and potatoes are great carb sources that are easy to eat regularly.

OP
V

Vins7

jasjajsja te juro que lei este post y me acorde de vos loco"!!!
Lastima que me identifiques por los síntomas pero igualmente me alegro que te acuerdes de mí.
Ahora aunque me veas publicar esto, estoy mucho mejor que la temporada en que hablábamos, peso como 10 kg más jaja pero aún así siguen quedando estas cosas que las achaco a la mala función digestiva. De ti aprendí bastante sobre el dogma de la alimentación y a ser un poco más flexible.

Que pasó con tu cuenta de insta?

Last edited:
OP
V

Vins7

Lastima que me identifiques por los síntomas pero igualmente me alegro que te acuerdes de mí.
Ahora aunque me veas publicar esto, estoy mucho mejor que la temporada en que hablábamos, peso como 10 kg más jaja pero aún así siguen quedando estas cosas que las achaco a la mala función digestiva.

With these ratios you are carb burning but keep running out because you aren't consuming enough. And then you consume all this fat thats not going to maintain blood sugar. You need to consume 300g minimum to up to 400g+ carbs daily throughout the day.

Your hands get cold quickly because your get hypoglycemic quickly due to lack of carbs. Low liver glycogen also makes sleep worse... testosterone (libido) suffers if you get poor sleep and don't consume enough carbohydrates. Carbohydrates should almost entirely be from whole foods if possible. A good B-complex can help raise testosterone and libido, but your carb needs may even be higher on it (which is fine, you just need to prepare and have enough carbs). White rice and potatoes are great carb sources that are easy to eat regularly.
Interesting, I'm going to try eating more carbs and less fat but this is really difficult for me to eat carbs from whole foods. Do you considera fruits juice as a whole food? I think it's verte difficult to eat 400g+ of carbs without refined sugar, refined wheat, juices, etc.

In my opinion, as you say, libido issues is due to pack of rest or sleep (I can notice this with dark circles too) and this is due to, mostly, gut issues because my gut is bloated every night. I can have sex without problems but my desire is low, not like years before.

Thank you once again redsun ??

OP
V

Vins7

Back before I knew about Ray Peat, I rescued my thyroid on a very high fruit, low fat vegetarian diet with supplemental iodine. I wouldn't recommend that long term. I had been eating high fat lower carb before that and needed prescription thyroid. My doctor was concerned because each year my prescription was getting a little stronger. I was in my thirties and ready for a drastic change. I ramped off the thyroid, used iodine, and pounded the carbs. I was rewarded with tons of energy and got even leaner. My main foods were bananas, dates, smoothies, fresh and dried fruits, and some cooked potatoes and rice. In time I added some proteins. Restricting carbs is never the answer in my opinion. I don't think you need to worry about "too many" carbs.
Interesting.

How many carbs and calories were you consuming with this fruitarian diet?
How long did It take you to have this health improvements?

Did you have digestive issues before starting this diet?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

清貴杉山

Ahora aunque me veas publicar esto, estoy mucho mejor que la temporada en que hablábamos, peso como 10 kg más jaja pero aún así siguen quedando estas cosas que las achaco a la mala función digestiva. De ti aprendí bastante sobre el dogma de la alimentación y a ser un poco más flexible.

la desactive! solo uso mi cuenta personal ahora mismo

清貴杉山

y te contesto al post ya que estoy xD,bajale a las grasas,112g de grasa es muchisimo,yo ahora estoy siguiendo un estilo mas "peat",aunque sigo comiendo leche cruda,huevos crudos etc,y grasa como mucho consumo 80g,y carbs al menos 200g por dia ,los dias de entreno 250g y prote entre 130 y 150g

TradClare

Interesting.

How many carbs and calories were you consuming with this fruitarian diet?
How long did It take you to have this health improvements?

Did you have digestive issues before starting this diet?

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I took about 8 weeks to eliminate thyroid meds and take a lot of iodine, then backed off the iodine after maybe 3 months. I felt wonderful on all the sugars within a few days. I started really wanting to exercise also. The doctor tested after the three months, and he said everything looked great and we had found the right thyroid dose (I didn't tell him what I was doing before). He was very surprised to learn what had improved anything. But although low thyroid runs in my family, I do think I was causing my thyroid to tank - I had restricted and dieted to maintain a low weight and the funny thing is that I was about 10 pounds more doing that than I naturally am now without restricting. My digestive issues mainly tend towards constipation. Lots of fruit and/or smoothies is very helpful for this. I have never wanted a lot of meat and it seems to sit in my stomach so I eat just a little, mainly socially or when I crave it. I try to take enzymes if I'm going to be eating a steak or something out. When I was a kid I have several memories of vomiting after parties or at sleepovers so my digestion probably was never strong

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals