Machado-Joseph Disease, Ideas On What To Try?

Curiousmonkey

Hi everyone.

Weren't sure where to put this thread, but I guess it fits best here.
If not, I apologise.
I have an acquaintance suffering from Machado-Joseph disease, also known as Spinocerebral Ataxia type 3.
A genetic disease that causes progressive loss of neurons in cerebellum and brainstem, leading to an early death.

I have recommended a basic diet high in milk, ripe fruit, honey, liver and seafood, as well as avoiding PUFA and too much starch and fibres.

I have also suggested supplementing with niacinamide.

Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience with Machado-Joseph disease that you are willing to share?

I was originally planning to write Haidut, until I remembered that he wants conversations to take place here instead (so if you got the time Haidut, I would love to hear your take on the disease).

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone.

Weren't sure where to put this thread, but I guess it fits best here.
If not, I apologise.
I have an acquaintance suffering from Machado-Joseph disease, also known as Spinocerebral Ataxia type 3.
A genetic disease that causes progressive loss of neurons in cerebellum and brainstem, leading to an early death.

I have recommended a basic diet high in milk, ripe fruit, honey, liver and seafood, as well as avoiding PUFA and too much starch and fibres.

I have also suggested supplementing with niacinamide.

Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience with Machado-Joseph disease that you are willing to share?

I was originally planning to write Haidut, until I remembered that he wants conversations to take place here instead (so if you got the time Haidut, I would love to hear your take on the disease).

Peat wrote about a person recovering from ALS, and another one from BSE (mad cow) by using 3g-4g aspirin daily. I think pregnenolone, progesterone, caffeine, and niacinamide also have a big role in these conditions. Creatine and inosine have shown success for ALS and Huntington, so raising ATP levels seems to be key. This suggests T3 also as viable therapy, as well as direct supplementation with ATP.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals