Maca Causing Dry Skin And Acne

chinup53

I've been taking Black maca for the last month and the effects are actually exceptional. Great energy, improved mood, godlike libido, good erections, morning wood no mather what along with good muscle gains and improved performance. The only downside is that is causing me some acne breakdowns in my forehead, neck and chest and dry skin in my arms.

It is actually quite strange since maca is supposed to improve acne and skin quality in general. Does someone know what could be happening or what I can do to solve it?.

Thanks.

Vinny

I've been taking Black maca for the last month and the effects are actually exceptional. Great energy, improved mood, godlike libido, good erections, morning wood no mather what along with good muscle gains and improved performance. The only downside is that is causing me some acne breakdowns in my forehead, neck and chest and dry skin in my arms.

It is actually quite strange since maca is supposed to improve acne and skin quality in general. Does someone know what could be happening or what I can do to solve it?.

Thanks.
Thanks for posting.
I dunno why.... perhaps it,s dose dependent? How much is the recommended dose and how much you take?
I've been thinking about it, for the benefits you mentioned, but since Am prone to acne, this is a put off....

OP
C

chinup53

Thanks for posting.
I dunno why.... perhaps it,s dose dependent? How much is the recommended dose and how much you take?
I've been thinking about it, for the benefits you mentioned, but since Am prone to acne, this is a put off....

The recommended dose is a tablespoon (5g) in the morning. I take 2 teaspoons, once in the morning and the other after lunch. I've removed the second teaspoon and I will experiment with only one teaspoon.

Black Maca Power

The product I've been using is the one above. I don't know if the fact that it's gelatinized could be what is causing skin issues because with raw one I didn't notice those side effects (but the digestion wasn't too good)

serling78

Are you still using the MACA? Ive been experimenting with it for the past few months and the benefits are great but although for me acne isn't an issue, digestion is a horrible issue. I originally used gelatinized powder capsules but I was so bloated I literally couldn't wear any of my pants for a few days. I briefly thought that combining it with dextrose was helping with the digestion but it proved to be false.

I then switched to black Maca liquid extract because it's specifically designed for those with digestion problems, but once again horrible bloating and constipation. And this is at the lowest dose. 1 teaspoon per day. I even emailed the manufacturer and they said they've never heard of anyone having problems with the liquid form. Awesome.

Curious if there are any tricks to aid with digesting Maca. Magnesium citrate helps a little but the problem there is it's such a libido killer for me that it cancels out all of the libido enhancing effects of the Maca, and also still only provides a little relief with digestion.

sladerunner69

Are you still using the MACA? Ive been experimenting with it for the past few months and the benefits are great but although for me acne isn't an issue, digestion is a horrible issue. I originally used gelatinized powder capsules but I was so bloated I literally couldn't wear any of my pants for a few days. I briefly thought that combining it with dextrose was helping with the digestion but it proved to be false.

I then switched to black Maca liquid extract because it's specifically designed for those with digestion problems, but once again horrible bloating and constipation. And this is at the lowest dose. 1 teaspoon per day. I even emailed the manufacturer and they said they've never heard of anyone having problems with the liquid form. Awesome.

Curious if there are any tricks to aid with digesting Maca. Magnesium citrate helps a little but the problem there is it's such a libido killer for me that it cancels out all of the libido enhancing effects of the Maca, and also still only provides a little relief with digestion.

Why do you think magnesium lowers your libido?

serling78

I've been struggling with that question for over a year now. I've never heard of magnesium negatively affecting someone's libido before (maybe I just haven't come across it) , but it happens to me.

I've tried about every oral form of magnesium I can find. Currently I have glycinate and citrate in my house . When I take magnesium after a couple of days my libido vanishes. I normally have a good sex drive and I'm very attracted to my wife but while on magnesium I have no desire for sex or thoughts about it. Also I no longer have any morning or spontaneous wood and to top it all off I get significant shrinkage downstairs. It's almost like there's just no blood flow down there because the magnesium is so calming. I only take a fairly low amount, about 400mg per day.

As far as why I would take it, I take magnesium because of the benefits like Digestion, anxiety reduction, it helps my complexion. And it gives me noticeable results in the gym.

I would just totally write it off but I feel like this isn't normal and maybe I'm missing some other nutrient that I should be taking with magnesium or something.

GreekDemiGod

Probably because GABA upregulation, making your muscles very relaxed. Magnesium reducing libido might mean your libido is stress-driven, and not thyroid / androgens driven.

serling78

Probably because GABA upregulation, making your muscles very relaxed. Magnesium reducing libido might mean your libido is stress-driven, and not thyroid / androgens driven.

Sounds like good info, but I have no idea how I can use it

Still not sure how I can incorporate magnesium into my routine and also have a libido. I've lately been trying out topical magnesium oil, but ultimately same results.

I can imagine it may seem ridiculous that I haven't just given up on magnesium, but the benefits are so good that I would like to be able to use on a normal basis.

AndrogenicJB

Thanks.
Which black maca? Selvabio?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals