M023's log

m023

Hi,

Came from keto -> paleo/ancestral (Lindy effect inspired) -> to peating fairly recently.

Old stack: D3 (4k IU/daily), magnesium, calcium, zinc

Added when I started peating: pregnenolone, niacinamide, aspirin (white willow bark)

Soon to be introduced: vit. E

Macros are:
60% carbs (I don't avoid grains, because I tolerate them alright + potatoes, juices - mostly OJ, milk, cheeses, ketchup, raw carrots)
20% fats (butter, coconut oil, rarely extra virgin olive oil)
20% protein (eggs, milk, cheeses, muscle meats, soon restarting my liver-eating habits)

Activity:
- gym 1 time a week (working muscles in isolation to microtears, 5x10 focusing more on form and eccentric phase to induce muscle damage and then repair it in a week)
- sprinting 1-2x a week
- walking
- chasing my child

OP
M

m023

My problem that pushed me (apart from weight loss) into hands of keto/low carb -- sore throat, sneezing, inflammation in sinuses and nose -- finally seems to get solved

- drinking willow bark tea in the morning and before sleep helps a lot (eliminates candida overgrowth on the tongue)
- eating carbs before sleep helps too (less stress -> more CO2?)

And, most interestingly: yesterday I started humming (!) after seeing research posted by @cedric
TL:DR: guy cured his chronic rhinosinusitis in 4 days by humming intensively for 1h the first day before sleep (18 hums/minute at ~130 Hz frequency), and then 60-120 hums 4x a day for the next four days. Apparently it's boosting nitric oxide in sinuses, which acts antifungal

My results: nose clean, eyes visibly less inflamed, mucus gets removed quickly ? Let's see how it works going further

OP
M

m023

Humming update day 2/5: night went well, had a good sleep and woke up with a clear nose. However, 30-60 minutes after waking up I had a sneezing bout, my nose started to flood with mucus, throat was extra sore. Is it fungi fighting back? Not sure, but did some humming, drank willow bark tea and it stopped. So far it's good, nose is clear and the mucus that gets produced simply flows instead of stuffing it.

OccamzRazer

Hi,

Came from keto -> paleo/ancestral (Lindy effect inspired) -> to peating fairly recently.

Old stack: D3 (4k IU/daily), magnesium, calcium, zinc

Added when I started peating: pregnenolone, niacinamide, aspirin (white willow bark)

Soon to be introduced: vit. E

Macros are:
60% carbs (I don't avoid grains, because I tolerate them alright + potatoes, juices - mostly OJ, milk, cheeses, ketchup, raw carrots)
20% fats (butter, coconut oil, rarely extra virgin olive oil)
20% protein (eggs, milk, cheeses, muscle meats, soon restarting my liver-eating habits)

Activity:
- gym 1 time a week (working muscles in isolation to microtears, 5x10 focusing more on form and eccentric phase to induce muscle damage and then repair it in a week)
- sprinting 1-2x a week
- walking
- chasing my child
Following!

Are you able to gain muscle lifting just once a week?

On another note, chasing one's children around is great exercise. Fun and stochastic, the way movement is supposed to be!

OP
M

m023

Following!

Are you able to gain muscle lifting just once a week?

On another note, chasing one's children around is great exercise. Fun and stochastic, the way movement is supposed to be!
Hi,

Muscles need 5-7 days rest if you induce soreness (which is the goal of my workouts). This is when they're building back bigger. ;)

Hiperplasia wasn't proven in humans (and won't be), but it seems in my experience to be possible.

Previously I went from being tiny, but cut and athletic (5-7 workouts a week) to bit bigger and still fairly cut (up to 3 workouts a week) and now I'm the biggest I've ever been (92kg, 183cm high) with just 1 workout a week.

I kinda do it Metzger/Yates style.

OccamzRazer

Hi,

Muscles need 5-7 days rest if you induce soreness (which is the goal of my workouts). This is when they're building back bigger. ;)

Hiperplasia wasn't proven in humans (and won't be), but it seems in my experience to be possible.

Previously I went from being tiny, but cut and athletic (5-7 workouts a week) to bit bigger and still fairly cut (up to 3 workouts a week) and now I'm the biggest I've ever been (92kg, 183cm high) with just 1 workout a week.

I kinda do it Metzger/Yates style.
Very interesting, thanks for the explanation!

OP
M

m023

Humming day 3: I have to postpone the experiment. Turns out I caught an infection and I have to beat it before resuming with humming.

OP
M

m023

Humming update: did some reading on nitric oxide. Won't approach it again. My symptoms get better anyway, I just have a running nose/stuffed sinuses because of infection I caught from my son.

IN GENERAL, it feels my health is on a good track. I wake up before the rest of my family and I'm not exhausted after the night (quite the contrary). My mid-day temperature is 37 - 37.1*C and pulse goes >55 up to 70 (while previously it was mostly really close to 55 and almost never higher than 60). Even though I'm on a very small deficit (300 kcal/day) I've lost 2kg in 2 weeks (might be just water though, not sure).

OccamzRazer

Glad you're feeling a little better!

I used to hum incessantly as a child. These findings have inspired me to start up again.

OP
M

m023

Glad you're feeling a little better!

I used to hum incessantly as a child. These findings have inspired me to start up again.
Humming brings up your NO concentration which is not necessarily good. If you have problems like I did, there are better ways.

OP
M

m023

Today I caught myself acting very spontaneous (singing, walking almost like I'm dancing etc.), which is very unusual. What's going on? I welcome this change :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom