Lysine Or Theanine For Upset Colon?

scarlettsmum

Took magnesium (dr.best)on an empty stomach last night and now I'm suffering the consequences. Growling noises in colon, diarrhoea and adrenalin sky high causing anxiety and hyperventilation. Wasting the day away waiting for it to go away. Lesson learnt, mg with food or transdermal only.
I have both theanine and lysine. Which one would you use in this instance? Do they pretty much work the same way? A comparison would be great. Thank you!!

pboy

theanine is terrible and it takes more than an amino to fix bowel problems, look for what the culprit is rather than an addition (unless its a nutrient deficiency, which it pretty certainly isn't lysine). Many things cause irritating bowel to a degree or less, its nearly impossible to have it totally shored up and flowing right because you have to be very smart, for example even parathyroid being active to a degree there will be a tendency to 'leak' as in serotonin/NO system, which can be triggered to a degree or not for many reasons, cortisol, or other offenders. I could list a lot of things off, just get it to a degree where it isn't bothering you enough to ruin your day and go from there, look for offenders which usually the palate and or feel when consuming something gives away

I feel you on the laxative ruining day thing, it happened to me the other day with maguey sap which apparently isn't even absorbable at all, it was bad but luckily I pretty much had a thyroid storm and blew it out before the sheer amount of gas the 80+g or so I consumed would have otherwise produced didn't rupture my intestine

Milky

theanine is terrible and it takes more than an amino to fix bowel problems, look for what the culprit is rather than an addition (unless its a nutrient deficiency, which it pretty certainly isn't lysine). Many things cause irritating bowel to a degree or less, its nearly impossible to have it totally shored up and flowing right because you have to be very smart, for example even parathyroid being active to a degree there will be a tendency to 'leak' as in serotonin/NO system, which can be triggered to a degree or not for many reasons, cortisol, or other offenders. I could list a lot of things off, just get it to a degree where it isn't bothering you enough to ruin your day and go from there, look for offenders which usually the palate and or feel when consuming something gives away

I feel you on the laxative ruining day thing, it happened to me the other day with maguey sap which apparently isn't even absorbable at all, it was bad but luckily I pretty much had a thyroid storm and blew it out before the sheer amount of gas the 80+g or so I consumed would have otherwise produced didn't rupture my intestine

Welcome back pboy!

Peata

I would take Pepto Bismol + 1/2 Dramamine. This helped me with a similar problem last week.

Ritchie

Out of curiosity, why do you say theanine is terrible?

InChristAlone

Cyproheptadine would be awesome for this. Red light for the irritable bowel.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Thanks for your input, pboy. I don't pop pills on regular basis, I just have them in case such as this one. Just to prove my point, I'd rather not have coffee than having to rely on theanine to drink it without jitters. May I ask why you say theanine is terrible btw. ?
All I wanted was to take something to calm down my colon rather than having my day ruined by these symptoms and I feel that in this case it was justified. :)

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I would take Pepto Bismol + 1/2 Dramamine. This helped me with a similar problem last week.

Thanks Peata, I live in Europe so I don't know what these things are. Perhaps we have something similar here but under a different name. Would these be more efficient than either theanine or lysine?

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

Cyproheptadine would be awesome for this. Red light for the irritable bowel.

Thanks Janelle, I was thinking cypro, but since it was during the day I wanted to stay alert. Yes, red light, thanks for that! I have to make more use of red light, I keep forgetting this simple solution.

DaveFoster

I agree with Janelle. Cyproheptadine and a carrot salad w/ all the extras will do wonders for your bowel. Your gut will improve if you stop eating foods that bother it, including starches for many people.

Peata

Growling noises in colon, diarrhoea and adrenalin sky high causing anxiety and hyperventilation. Wasting the day away waiting for it to go away.

Thanks Peata, I live in Europe so I don't know what these things are. Perhaps we have something similar here but under a different name. Would these be more efficient than either theanine or lysine?

By the symptoms you had going on, I was just saying what works for me when it's already "too late" to prevent. I am not sure theanine or lysine would stop the kind of GI distress you talked about which was already in progress, but I know from my own experience, that the Pepto and Dramamine helped me a lot (had to take multiple doses of Pepto though) when I had those same symptoms last week. Pepto Bismol is Bismuth subsalicylate and Dramamine is dimenhydrinate.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

By the symptoms you had going on, I was just saying what works for me when it's already "too late" to prevent. I am not sure theanine or lysine would stop the kind of GI distress you talked about which was already in progress, but I know from my own experience, that the Pepto and Dramamine helped me a lot (had to take multiple doses of Pepto though) when I had those same symptoms last week. Pepto Bismol is Bismuth subsalicylate and Dramamine is dimenhydrinate.

Thank you very much Peata, I will look these up.

pboy

theanine can have more medicinal spiritual benefits or rather I see it as a restraint to certain types of attitudes, but it isn't ideal in the sense it inhibits will basically, I don't know how else to put it. I'm pretty sure it increases some kind of leakiness, even if not directly prolactin or serotonin or NO, it seems to basically make things sag as if there wasn't nerve energy to pull or hold the bodies integrity and positions. I'm sure its safer and all but its almost like a strong drug of the gaba or glutamate blocking type, sort of like anti anxiety medicine (it isn't a pharma so its likely safer but its really actually strong and not something to take lightly in moderate to higher amounts, or even pretty small). In my experience, blocking glutamate might alleviate or help prevent certain types of stress, but then it over time adds to more because basically life usually or to an extent requires some bit of 'excitatory' not as in over excited or nervous or stressed, but you basically have to have some sort of nerve energy and ability to initiate action potentials to stay on top of basic things if you have some level or standards, in which a glutamate blocker or strong gaba increaser might inhibit or prevent to a large extent but it seems potentially worse to actually block glutamate which theanine does. You can consume plenty of calories, have nutrients, thyroid, all the stuff that's good and there will somehow just be this restriction to want to act in a way that isn't for basic utmost important pretty easy things like eating and very slow easy kinds of things and/or it will require a tension almost like adrenaline or a squeezing out of your nerves to do simple things because glutamate is blocked. Its sort of a big deal that isn't realized until out of it. In the mean time it can be of benefit only if you don't have pituitary under control and are prone to nervous burnout but even then its a stabilizer not in the truest sense, it just simultaneously prevents kind of most nerve firing whether it be progressive or nervous anxious or however, a sort of numb immune but in theanines case taken as tea you could say its medicinal spiritual in the sense it seems to dissolve ego to a degree if the person has a lot of forcing tendencies, however it kind of backfires because even a spiritual non forceful ego person still needs to hover over and stay on top of things in their life whatever they may be, and then when they've had enough of being semi spaced, it actually requires a tension to overcome the inhibited nerve and do what it is they have to do that isn't
completely easy or clean or however it may be

to simplify, theanine blockes glutamate which prevents or inhibits the initiation of action potentials, and the will therein. It might be semi beneficil in acute situations to prevent strong cortisol or nervous anxious firing, and in that sense prevent some potential chain reaction or bad events nerve wise, or lessen a negative feeling, but ultimately to me, and what aspiring people will find, is that a sense of inhibition to be able to act, is even more stressful, because staying on top of things without really hesitating or feeling a tug down a sense of 'cant, later, wont, need more energy, need 'that' then I can do it' or anything like that is really worse than just overcoming 'anxiety' which really is what must be done and a lot is having pituitary under control, which has a lot to do with diet of course but also more basic things like fluid balance (not too much plain water or basically becoming hypotonic in sugar/aminos to water) and figuring out how to have a net benefit of energy intake, then of course I guess you could say mastery or wisdom over time that really allows stabilization of the pituitary through things such as knowing rushing isn't usually ever the 'right' thing to do, ultimately, once learned, nor is being too leaky as a person, neither is being a tight, ect, its sort of a faith but grounded realistic connection feeling of just moving forward (once stabilized through experience you can move fast and act without ever tensing or stressing). Ive drinking much tea over time and didn't really realize what effect theanine was having until I paid attention to it, really it happened at a time I decided to stop initiating stress hormones which is often a choice unless you take in plain water or something allergenic or offensive, and then you can see really what your realistic current state and energy level is. Theanine, even from average to decent quality green tea, creates the same or very similar feeling of a dragging backwards and down energy and lowered will unless you tense or force as being inadequate in protein, and I think its to do with blocked glutamate where as in the case of inadequate protein its just lack of actual amino acids. Ill just throw in protein requirement isn't actually that high but other things like cortisol or plain water hit at the wrong time (most of the time) can actually catabolize protein and mimick a deficient state even if you've consumed enough

Birdie

A growley colon with cramps settles down for me when I take a 1/4 teaspoon in about 2 or 3 ounces of water. That's 1.25 ml in about 75 ml water. Then, a capsule of charcoal helps along with that.

Ritchie

theanine can have more medicinal spiritual benefits or rather I see it as a restraint to certain types of attitudes, but it isn't ideal in the sense it inhibits will basically, I don't know how else to put it. I'm pretty sure it increases some kind of leakiness, even if not directly prolactin or serotonin or NO, it seems to basically make things sag as if there wasn't nerve energy to pull or hold the bodies integrity and positions. I'm sure its safer and all but its almost like a strong drug of the gaba or glutamate blocking type, sort of like anti anxiety medicine (it isn't a pharma so its likely safer but its really actually strong and not something to take lightly in moderate to higher amounts, or even pretty small). In my experience, blocking glutamate might alleviate or help prevent certain types of stress, but then it over time adds to more because basically life usually or to an extent requires some bit of 'excitatory' not as in over excited or nervous or stressed, but you basically have to have some sort of nerve energy and ability to initiate action potentials to stay on top of basic things if you have some level or standards, in which a glutamate blocker or strong gaba increaser might inhibit or prevent to a large extent but it seems potentially worse to actually block glutamate which theanine does. You can consume plenty of calories, have nutrients, thyroid, all the stuff that's good and there will somehow just be this restriction to want to act in a way that isn't for basic utmost important pretty easy things like eating and very slow easy kinds of things and/or it will require a tension almost like adrenaline or a squeezing out of your nerves to do simple things because glutamate is blocked. Its sort of a big deal that isn't realized until out of it. In the mean time it can be of benefit only if you don't have pituitary under control and are prone to nervous burnout but even then its a stabilizer not in the truest sense, it just simultaneously prevents kind of most nerve firing whether it be progressive or nervous anxious or however, a sort of numb immune but in theanines case taken as tea you could say its medicinal spiritual in the sense it seems to dissolve ego to a degree if the person has a lot of forcing tendencies, however it kind of backfires because even a spiritual non forceful ego person still needs to hover over and stay on top of things in their life whatever they may be, and then when they've had enough of being semi spaced, it actually requires a tension to overcome the inhibited nerve and do what it is they have to do that isn't
completely easy or clean or however it may be

to simplify, theanine blockes glutamate which prevents or inhibits the initiation of action potentials, and the will therein. It might be semi beneficil in acute situations to prevent strong cortisol or nervous anxious firing, and in that sense prevent some potential chain reaction or bad events nerve wise, or lessen a negative feeling, but ultimately to me, and what aspiring people will find, is that a sense of inhibition to be able to act, is even more stressful, because staying on top of things without really hesitating or feeling a tug down a sense of 'cant, later, wont, need more energy, need 'that' then I can do it' or anything like that is really worse than just overcoming 'anxiety' which really is what must be done and a lot is having pituitary under control, which has a lot to do with diet of course but also more basic things like fluid balance (not too much plain water or basically becoming hypotonic in sugar/aminos to water) and figuring out how to have a net benefit of energy intake, then of course I guess you could say mastery or wisdom over time that really allows stabilization of the pituitary through things such as knowing rushing isn't usually ever the 'right' thing to do, ultimately, once learned, nor is being too leaky as a person, neither is being a tight, ect, its sort of a faith but grounded realistic connection feeling of just moving forward (once stabilized through experience you can move fast and act without ever tensing or stressing). Ive drinking much tea over time and didn't really realize what effect theanine was having until I paid attention to it, really it happened at a time I decided to stop initiating stress hormones which is often a choice unless you take in plain water or something allergenic or offensive, and then you can see really what your realistic current state and energy level is. Theanine, even from average to decent quality green tea, creates the same or very similar feeling of a dragging backwards and down energy and lowered will unless you tense or force as being inadequate in protein, and I think its to do with blocked glutamate where as in the case of inadequate protein its just lack of actual amino acids. Ill just throw in protein requirement isn't actually that high but other things like cortisol or plain water hit at the wrong time (most of the time) can actually catabolize protein and mimick a deficient state even if you've consumed enough
Very interesting, thank you :hattip

Birdie

I came here to get info on spastic colon and see that Birdie advises a little baking soda. Trying that now.

I had an IBS attack a couple of days ago, and hope to thwart off a relapse. My tummy is churning which could be an early warning. Lots of times I just can't believe it's starting up.

My first attack was years ago, the night before a 5 hour exam. That was day 5 with the first 4 days being days of two 4 hour exams, so I was stressed. The next was about 10 years later. Then, maybe 2 or 3 a year. I had two last year, and then the one this week. It feels just like labor pains. I know others have it and it's so discouraging.

One trigger is overeating when I don't pay attention. This last one was after a stressful day. And I did overt on dinner. Well, back to searching around for help. Maybe someone else here is dealing with this and I'll find them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom