Lysine & Glycine Stimulates Collagen Synthesis - Bad?

Nicholas

Estrogen stimulates collagen synthesis, too - potentially leading to inflammatory and fibrotic conditions. So couldn't lysine supplementation do the same? Glycine is both inflammatory and anti-inflammatory at the same time? Lysine suppresses growth hormone (in other places i've seen that it increases it) and nitric oxide, while glycine increases both.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Derek said:
post 110651 Don't take isolated aminos. Just eat food!

oh, i meant in food form, too - particularly for glycine since it's so easy to get a large amount from making broth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian

I would think the problem is with excessive collagen production from stressed and inflamed tissues. Normal well regulated collagen production at the right time and place is a completely different process.

Isn't one reason why a higher glycine/lysine/proline diet reduces inflammation is because it relieves the tissues from needing to synthesize them as much?

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Brian said:
post 110653 Normal well regulated collagen production at the right time and place is a completely different process.

ok, this is what i was sensing...

Brian said:
post 110653 Isn't one reason why a higher glycine/lysine/proline diet reduces inflammation is because it relieves the tissues from needing to synthesize them as much?

was curious about that, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals