Lysine: Depression, Skin, Weight, Libido

SOMO

The second study you posted is concerning.

its biological properties, e.g. role in cellular proliferation in vitro (both anchorage dependent and anchorage independent) and in vivo, its ability to induce strong inflammatory and immune responses - both humoral and cell mediated, its role in augmented healing of all types of wounds in animal models as well as in human subjects (both acute and chronic), as well as its role in inducing extensive angiogenic responses, have never received reasonable attention so far.

1. Inflammation AND Angiogenesis? Sounds like it could accelerate cancer/tumor growth.

2. Immune response is usually not a good thing, I think it's best for the immune system to remain inert except when there's an actual threat. I believe in the Root-Bernstein theory of immune over-stimulation causing cellular damage.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I had some Lysine before bed last night (900mg), and I have been insanely hungry all day today. Like craving sugars/carbs (Similar to whilst Im on cypro), but unfortunately this is worsening the PSSD symptoms. I think I am just super sensitive to anything that lowers cortisol or interacts with the 5-HT1a receptor.