Lysine-carnitine Conversion

Drareg

Many studies on here about the positives of Lysine, Peat in a recent email said he thought Lysine was safe,in saying that he never really writes or talks much about it.
I explored lysine myself and got an effect from it ,like many have mentioned, I didn't feel the need to use it regularly though.
I'm not sure if the effects are based on the context.

The study below shows it converting to carnitine which is something to keep in mind if choosing to supplement it. Some studies recently on here about carnitine and cortisol.

"There may be a rapid in vivo conversion of lysine to carnitine in humans"

Lysine-carnitine conversion in normal and undernourished adult men-suggestion of a nonpeptidyl pathway. - PubMed - NCBI

Study on carnitine biosynthesis.
[Carnitine biosynthesis in mammals]. - PubMed - NCBI

milk_lover

Lysine is a very good supplement in allergy and serotonin situations. I had a runny nose and eye irritation and general feeling of illness after drinking squeezed filtered OJ (I will write a post about this in a little bit) and again Lysine came to rescue.

Parsifal

Interesting. There is Lysine in aspirin. Well, we might need a bit of cortisol but not a lot like in stress.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Interesting. There is Lysine in aspirin. Well, we might need a bit of cortisol but not a lot like in stress.

Where are you finding lysine in aspirin?
Lysine is behaving strangely it seems.....

t's already in there , milklover emailed him. It's currently the last email.

Yea but you said "Peat in a recent email said he thought Lysine was safe,in saying that he never really writes or talks much about it." and milklover's email doesn't say anything about Peat saying that he doesn't talk about it much.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Yea but you said "Peat in a recent email said he thought Lysine was safe,in saying that he never really writes or talks much about it." and milklover's email doesn't say anything about Peat saying that he doesn't talk about it much.

It is clear to any of the grown ups on here that it's me saying he doesn't talk about it much.

Milklovers email from Ray Peat then will not contain anything I have said because it's an email from Ray Peat,it's clearly an email from Ray Peat not Ray Peat and me.

Ray Peat is unlikely to reply with saying "he thinks it's safe but doesn't talk about it much", you see this makes no sense because he did talk about it by saying he thinks it's safe.....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals