Lysine And Zinc

tankasnowgod

By the way, in answer to your comment on my alcohol intake-- first, I'm female; second, I am guessing that alcohol takes some time to process through the liver. I figure having even one glass per day over time has some impact on liver health, so I take B-1 at dinner in addition to daily B-complex.

Maybe not as much as you think. Haidut posted this study that you may be interested in- Alcohol Mostly Benign For The Liver, Causing Injury Requires Endotoxin (LPS)

It still demonstrates that alcohol can cause problems, especially by weakening the gut barrier. And it's tough to really get away from the effects of excess PUFA, iron and endotoxin in our modern world.

Kray

Maybe not as much as you think. Haidut posted this study that you may be interested in- Alcohol Mostly Benign For The Liver, Causing Injury Requires Endotoxin (LPS)

It still demonstrates that alcohol can cause problems, especially by weakening the gut barrier. And it's tough to really get away from the effects of excess PUFA, iron and endotoxin in our modern world.

Thanks for pointing out that link, very interesting. Overall, I'm not stressing so much about moderate alcohol intake, especially with all the mitigating helps we have learned about here.

Sativa

Lysine seems to be a serotonin 5-HT4 antagonist.
Note that lysine is fermented to the amine piperidine, which can condense with aldehydes/ketones, and form psychoactive molecules. (eg Cinnamaldehyde + piperidine = a new potent adrenergic stimulant amine)
Worth considering that the bodies MAO enzymes convert all primary amines to aldehydes...so if you combine lysine over several days alongside any amines that are metabolised by MAO-A or MAO-B, then be prepared for some funky chemical reactions creating novel piperidine drugs lol.

Zinc would be handy for it's potent psychoactive stimulant-dissociative contributions...
Involves dopamine, gutamate & serotonin actions.

eg. Zinc works like amphetamine on the dopamine transporter, implying it reverses the transporter flow, which normally funnels Dopamine away from the synapse & into 'storage'.
Reversing flow pumps Dopamine into the synapse where it can activate all the dopamine receptors. (this is responsible for Zn induced nausea btw)

Zinc is also an AMPA agonist; NMDA anatagonist (aka glutamate blocker) - this action increases the 'performance' of the psychoactive Dopamine D2 receptor system. (all NMDA antagonists up-regulate the D2 system). NMDA antagonism also increases 5-HT1A binding/receptor function.
(iirc ketamine, agmatine & poss memantine possess identical AMPA-ag & NMDA-antag properties)
(If I were to use Zinc, it'd be for its potent psychoactive stimulant properties)

Serotonin
activity:
Zinc may serve as a possible allosteric modulator of 5-HT1A receptors, capable of inhibiting both agonist and antagonist binding at relevant concentrations in the synapse (Prakash et al., 2015). Another way that zinc may interact with the serotonergic system is via the previously mentioned GPR39 receptor.
also, just like memantine & (the notorious recreational dissociative) ketamine, Zinc seems to possess:
Inhibitory actions at nAChR (nicotinic cholinergic receptor)
Modulation of GSK3β (glycogen synthase kinase 3beta)
(and NMDA inhibition + BDNF stimulation as mentioned above)
someone's 'Zinc experience report':
75 mg of Zinc Picolinate is the sweet spot for me. It produces mild bodily euphoria and mental euphoria comparable to phenethylamine...
It is very enjoyable and makes me extremely talkative and hyper.
100 mg reduces the euphoria slightly, enhances bodily pain signals, starts to hit the nausea receptors.
Too bad it also hits the nausea receptors and boosts pain conductance at higher doses.

Sativa

That sounds good to me, Zinc being an antagonist of the 5HT1A receptor could mean it is anxiolytic.
Vitex acts on the 5-HT1A serotonergic system - agonists of 5-HT1A are used to relieve anxiety, e.g. buspirone. 5-HT1A antagonists increase anxiety (and increase effects of anti-depressants).
btw Zinc can potentially modulate HT1A receptors in more than one way.